United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Redordead

Default We will still win the league and beat BM - Its a squad not Rooney Utd.

United always play better up against it, we often have to go 1 down to turn it on.

Berbs is fine on his own up front. The squad will get us through - we have the best squad - best motivation and the best manager.

N F £#%&!ing T.

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:31 PM
MUFC One Love

Thumbs up Re: We will still win the league and beat BM - Its a squad not Rooney Utd.

Cheers mate, don't think we've got any other threads to discuss this topic.

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Redordead

Default Re: We will still win the league and beat BM - Its a squad not Rooney Utd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Cheers mate, don't think we've got any other threads to discuss this topic.
Every one seems depressed and scouse in the other threads - I say we have a bloody good shout at two more trophies - thought we could have a positive thread.

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Ginners

Default Re: We will still win the league and beat BM - Its a squad not Rooney Utd.

can see us coming 3rd in the league now and losing heavily next week tbh

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:36 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
Every one seems depressed and scouse in the other threads - I say we have a bloody good shout at two more trophies - thought we could have a positive thread.
That's football, most on here have gone from thinking we're gonna win the League and European Cup to winning £#%&! all, after what, losing 1 match and 1 of our players getting injured.

Even with Rooney fit for every game from now until the end of the season we still might win £#%&! all except this season other than the Carling Cup.

VDS

Neville/Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Fletcher
Carrick/Scholes
Giggs

Valencia
Berbatov
Nani

A team looking similar to that will beat Chelsea, and you can quote me on that.

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:37 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
I never know who you mean when you say 'us'.

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I never know who you mean when you say 'us'.
why, are you some sort of idiot?

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:40 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
why, are you some sort of idiot?

You said you were Spurs didn't you?

(My mistake if not)

Redordead

Quote:
That's football, most on here have gone from thinking we're gonna win the League and European Cup to winning £#%&! all, after what, losing 1 match and 1 of our players getting injured.

Even with Rooney fit for every game from now until the end of the season we still might win £#%&! all except this season other than the Carling Cup.

VDS

Neville/Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Fletcher
Carrick/Scholes
Giggs

Valencia
Berbatov
Nani

A team looking similar to that will beat Chelsea, and you can quote me on that.
Looks good - I hate Rooney and Berbs both playing but have no probs with Berbs in that team.

When was the Chelsea game when we were going to get hammered and Fletch got the header?

Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
You said you were Spurs didn't you?

(My mistake if not)
ive never said that i dont think.

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:43 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
ive never said that i dont think.
You just created a joint United/Spurs badge, tbf.

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Ginners

Quote:
You just created a joint United/Spurs badge, tbf.
was an art project

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Lok

Is it still mathematically possible for us to get relegated? Surely worth a tenner an the bookies.

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:44 PM
MJ Ramone

I don't think anyone's suggesting we're 'Rooney United'
But the morning after a last gasp defeat coupled with the news that our best player & top goalscorer is out for the best part of a month, it's hardly surprising that there might be a bit of moaning on here is it???

My personal view is Berbatov will struggle to replace Rooney in the crunch games...but I pray to God I'm wrong & I am desperate for Berbatov to put Chelsea & Munich to the sword

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:49 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I don't think anyone's suggesting we're 'Rooney United'
But the morning after a last gasp defeat coupled with the news that our best player & top goalscorer is out for the best part of a month, it's hardly surprising that there might be a bit of moaning on here is it???

My personal view is Berbatov will struggle to replace Rooney in the crunch games...but I pray to God I'm wrong & I am desperate for Berbatov to put Chelsea & Munich to the sword
I don't get this myth that Berbatov can't do it in the big games tbh. He doesn't play in the big games because Fergie changes the system, and Rooney is ideal for the lone striker role. Berbatov has never let us down in big games when he has played. He's got a strong mentality so I don't get why people are making up myths about him in big games, tbh.

Look, all the ABUs will be laughing at us, writing us off, they'll be saying we'll definitely lose on Saturday and go out to Bayern, United are at their best when they're being wrote off. Lets wait and see, shall we?

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Spurs will never get that 3rd spot

Unread 31-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Redordead

Quote:
I don't get this myth that Berbatov can't do it in the big games tbh. He doesn't play in the big games because Fergie changes the system, and Rooney is ideal for the lone striker role. Berbatov has never let us down in big games when he has played. He's got a strong mentality so I don't get why people are making up myths about him in big games, tbh.

Look, all the ABUs will be laughing at us, writing us off, they'll be saying we'll definitely lose on Saturday and go out to Bayern, United are at their best when they're being wrote off. Lets wait and see, shall we?
Spot on.

Cometh the hour and all that.

United are at their best against it - Roma anyone???

Unread 31-03-2010, 03:04 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

I'm not having a go at Berbatov. I just don't see him being able to replace Rooney for a sustained length of time.
I hope I'm wrong.

The other problem is the lack of fire power on the bench. It's zero.

The abus will be bouncing off the walls right now, but I don't give a £#%&! about them. I'm only calling it as I see it.

If Berbatov puts in a stunning display in both games (Chelsea & Munich) & grabs a couple of goals I'll be absolutely made up.
I'm just so £#%&!ed off at the minute though

Unread 31-03-2010, 03:14 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Robben, Schweinsteiger and Gomez will all be fit and avaliable.

If they were all starting last night then I imagine the tie would be over given how pathetic United were. But Bayern have got Schalke away this weekend who just went above them in the league so it's not like theyll have a easy weekend + we will surely not play as badly as yesterday.

I can forgive us crashing out of the CL badly as long as we beat Chelsea on Saturday. Delighted that game is coming up right now, instead of being tortured for weeks. Let's see how our season will go, everything rests on Saturday.

Unread 31-03-2010, 03:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
Looks good - I hate Rooney and Berbs both playing but have no probs with Berbs in that team.

When was the Chelsea game when we were going to get hammered and Fletch got the header?
Late 2005 - we had just been mullered 4-1 at Boro (one of the worst Utd displays I can EVER remember) and then lost in midweek 1-0 away to a mind-blowingly mediocre Lille side, barely managing a shot on target all evening......

I think I've compared it before to the state Vermin FC were in before they played us last autumn. In both cases the team "in crisis" winning came as a huge "shock" - but in hindsight really shouldn't have done

In our case it also ended a 40 match unbeaten run in the league for Chelski, which was nice
Closed Thread