United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Spiffy

Default Re: Rooney dropped for Everton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldosgoodallthetime
Didn't think they had that sort of money to spend, besides, they've just signed Leon Best.

Leon Best > Wayne Rooney.
Unfair on Rooney tbf. Wayne is easily as good as Lee Bradbury was when City signed him. Some people think it's funny to talk down our best player. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Unread 17-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Unfair on Rooney tbf. Wayne is easily as good as Lee Bradbury was when City signed him. Some people think it's funny to talk down our best player. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Bradbury>Zidane

Unread 17-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Spiffy

All my family are blues. I've heard them all.

Weaver>Schmeichel
Paul Power>Bryan Robson
Gary Flitcroft>Giggs

They also said Cantona wasn't good enough for him to play for City.

Unread 17-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

Weaver>Schmeichel
Paul Power>Bryan Robson
Gary Flitcroft>Giggs

but Tevez is

Unread 17-02-2010, 02:48 PM
armchair

Stupidest thread competition is next month.

Unread 17-02-2010, 02:49 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

Weaver>Schmeichel
Paul Power>Bryan Robson
Gary Flitcroft>Giggs

They're the most delusional @#%&!s in the World.
Around the time of the League Cup semi's I heard a few of them saying no United players would get in the current City side & that Rooney would be the only one to make the bench!
The sad thing is, they actually believe it

Unread 17-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
They're the most delusional @#%&!s in the World.
Around the time of the League Cup semi's I heard a few of them saying no United players would get in the current City side & that Rooney would be the only one to make the bench!
The sad thing is, they actually believe it

kinkladze > cantona

Unread 17-02-2010, 03:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

kinkladze > cantona
Well, nothing new is it?? "Bell better than Best" and all that

Unread 17-02-2010, 03:32 PM
dodger

Quote:

Weaver>Schmeichel
Paul Power>Bryan Robson
Gary Flitcroft>Giggs

That was always a good one. I've never wanted a player to fail more, and I have never been more certain that he would.

Unread 17-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
That was always a good one. I've never wanted a player to fail more, and I have never been more certain that he would.
what was the one that Jurno said was better than Ronnie - scouse @#%&! Talec or something - wrote a big article that made him look a right tit...

Unread 17-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
i understand that....but then again, ive played sport at a reasonable level and ive coach too......
I have to applaud you for never missing a chance to point this out.

Unread 17-02-2010, 05:14 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
he's like this @#%&!

Unread 17-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
i understand that....but then again, ive played sport at a reasonable level and ive been a coach too......

Unread 17-02-2010, 06:19 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
what was the one that Jurno said was better than Ronnie - scouse @#%&! Talec or something - wrote a big article that made him look a right tit...
This @#%&!, curently being paid to lie for the NOTW.

WHY LE TALLEC WILL BE OUR RONALDO
Chris Bascombe
Liverpool Echo

In most cases, paying £12m for a teenager would be considered rank stupidity, over-indulgence or, at the very least, a gamble which even Chris Kirkland's dad would shy away from.

When Manchester United do it, it's a stroke of transfer genius.
According to everyone who they make listen, United have just signed the best teenager in the world. By God are we hearing about it.

I'm not doubting Ronaldo's abilities. Clearly he's a talented kid who may be on the threshold of greatness. It just strikes me as rather odd that no-one has given the same attention to Liverpool's equally stunning new teenage recruit.

It seems Gerard Houllier's mistake with Anthony Le Tallec was to buy him early rather than delay until everyone in Europe wanted him. Obviously, Liverpool should have waited until Le Tallec's value was £12m.

Soon enough, the rest of the nation will wake up to Le Tallec's talents. Let's not forget who was named Player of the tournament in the World Youth Championships two years ago.

No doubt both Gerard and Sir Alex watched those same youth championships in Argentina a few years back and noticed the same players.

Indeed, Liverpool had already signed Le Tallec by then and were strongly linked with Ronaldo themselves, but can't afford to splash out like United.

Time will tell who's got the better deal, but for value for money I know who I'm backing. It's a bit like Houllier and Ferguson have both dined at the same top class restaurant and had their pick of the best main courses on the menu.

Houllier has managed to get his dish at a quarter of the cost Ferguson has paid, and yet it's his rival who is getting all the praise.

Indeed, I'm getting an eerie sense of deja vu when it comes to theman dubbed TLT who's about to explode onto the Premiership. I remember how slow our London based number one writers were to realise who Steven Gerrard was a few years back.

The Kop Magazine I once wrote even launched a campaign to get him in the England squad, so little attention was he receiving. Then, when the rest of the country noticed a year later, they decided to make him their own property.

It was a similar story with Wayne Rooney at Everton. A friend of mine who works on a national newspaper tried to get a feature on Rooney into his paper in the summer of 2002. They were having none of it. How times changed three months later when "Rooney Opens Crisp Packet" stories were making the front page.

Le Tallec won't get the same attention as Rooney, Gerrard or Michael Owen because he ain't English. But the few glimpses I've had of him remind me so much of the first time I saw Gerrard.

So young, yet so full of class. So clearly ready to play at the highest level and begin the learning curve which will take him to the top of the game.

One of the most encouraging, but sadly overlooked parts of Sunday was Le Tallec's being named a sub. Pity he didn't get on, although Houllier said he was prepared to play the youngster if the circumstances of the game had been different.

The career paths of Le Tallec and Ronaldo are sure to cross regularly over the next decade. Should the French gem prove himself the better player, you never know, maybe the manager who signed him will get a bit of credit.

How awful it was to watch on Sunday, don't you think?

A team flooding the midfield, sitting back, making no effort to take the game to their opponents but content to hit on the break.

I mean? One man up front against one your biggest rivals? What were they thinking? And how they paid a price for their caution when in the late stages their opponents scored a well deserved goal.

Liverpool? Try Chelsea.

Chelsea were impressive, but it seems Claudio Ranieri is allowed to use these counter-attacking tactics while Liverpool are not.

I dare not think of the reaction had Gerard Houllier taken a team to Stamford Bridge and played one striker. Even if his side won!

Last week, I wrote a column saying whatever happened this season, it would be progress to leave Anfield feeling suitably entertained. Well, I was. It was a fine match between two excellent sides and Liverpool contributed to it.

All that was wrong with the performance was the result. Entertaining,
losing football is still better than boring, losing football. The next
trick is to entertain and win, something I'm sure will happen if Liverpool play with the same commitment and attacking intent they showed on Sunday (and have Steven Gerrard in the side),

Of course, the TV and radio bandits had decided Bruno Cheyrou and Igor Biscan were going to be rubbish regardless of what happened. Cheyrou and Biscan had their best games for the club on Sunday. Whether that's still good enough is another matter, but they weren't Liverpool's worst players.

No, that honour went to those beyond criticism whose name is likely to be sung first and loudest.

Liverpool lost because they didn't defend properly when they were called upon. Something which cost them key points last year too but is conveniently overlooked by cowards who pick easy targets.

Chris Bascombe is the Reds' correspondent for the Liverpool Echo.

Unread 17-02-2010, 06:40 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

Chris Bascombe
Liverpool Echo

In most cases, paying £12m for a teenager would be considered rank stupidity, over-indulgence or, at the very least, a gamble which even Chris Kirkland's dad would shy away from.

According to everyone who they make listen, United have just signed the best teenager in the world. By God are we hearing about it.

I'm not doubting Ronaldo's abilities. Clearly he's a talented kid who may be on the threshold of greatness. It just strikes me as rather odd that no-one has given the same attention to Liverpool's equally stunning new teenage recruit.

It seems Gerard Houllier's mistake with Anthony Le Tallec was to buy him early rather than delay until everyone in Europe wanted him. Obviously, Liverpool should have waited until Le Tallec's value was £12m.

Soon enough, the rest of the nation will wake up to Le Tallec's talents. Let's not forget who was named Player of the tournament in the World Youth Championships two years ago.

No doubt both Gerard and Sir Alex watched those same youth championships in Argentina a few years back and noticed the same players.

Indeed, Liverpool had already signed Le Tallec by then and were strongly linked with Ronaldo themselves, but can't afford to splash out like United.

Time will tell who's got the better deal, but for value for money I know who I'm backing. It's a bit like Houllier and Ferguson have both dined at the same top class restaurant and had their pick of the best main courses on the menu.

Houllier has managed to get his dish at a quarter of the cost Ferguson has paid, and yet it's his rival who is getting all the praise.

Indeed, I'm getting an eerie sense of deja vu when it comes to theman dubbed TLT who's about to explode onto the Premiership. I remember how slow our London based number one writers were to realise who Steven Gerrard was a few years back.

The Kop Magazine I once wrote even launched a campaign to get him in the England squad, so little attention was he receiving. Then, when the rest of the country noticed a year later, they decided to make him their own property.

It was a similar story with Wayne Rooney at Everton. A friend of mine who works on a national newspaper tried to get a feature on Rooney into his paper in the summer of 2002. They were having none of it. How times changed three months later when "Rooney Opens Crisp Packet" stories were making the front page.

Le Tallec won't get the same attention as Rooney, Gerrard or Michael Owen because he ain't English. But the few glimpses I've had of him remind me so much of the first time I saw Gerrard.

So young, yet so full of class. So clearly ready to play at the highest level and begin the learning curve which will take him to the top of the game.

One of the most encouraging, but sadly overlooked parts of Sunday was Le Tallec's being named a sub. Pity he didn't get on, although Houllier said he was prepared to play the youngster if the circumstances of the game had been different.

The career paths of Le Tallec and Ronaldo are sure to cross regularly over the next decade. Should the French gem prove himself the better player, you never know, maybe the manager who signed him will get a bit of credit.

A team flooding the midfield, sitting back, making no effort to take the game to their opponents but content to hit on the break.

I mean? One man up front against one your biggest rivals? What were they thinking? And how they paid a price for their caution when in the late stages their opponents scored a well deserved goal.

Liverpool? Try Chelsea.

Chelsea were impressive, but it seems Claudio Ranieri is allowed to use these counter-attacking tactics while Liverpool are not.

I dare not think of the reaction had Gerard Houllier taken a team to Stamford Bridge and played one striker. Even if his side won!

Last week, I wrote a column saying whatever happened this season, it would be progress to leave Anfield feeling suitably entertained. Well, I was. It was a fine match between two excellent sides and Liverpool contributed to it.

trick is to entertain and win, something I'm sure will happen if Liverpool play with the same commitment and attacking intent they showed on Sunday (and have Steven Gerrard in the side),

Of course, the TV and radio bandits had decided Bruno Cheyrou and Igor Biscan were going to be rubbish regardless of what happened. Cheyrou and Biscan had their best games for the club on Sunday. Whether that's still good enough is another matter, but they weren't Liverpool's worst players.

No, that honour went to those beyond criticism whose name is likely to be sung first and loudest.

Liverpool lost because they didn't defend properly when they were called upon. Something which cost them key points last year too but is conveniently overlooked by cowards who pick easy targets.

have you emailed him a copy of this?

Unread 17-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
How does that mesh with what Fergie said post Arsenal, that all the players were urging him to play Nani? If they think he is shit i imagine the proper players would be less than enthused by the prospect, and not encouraging the manager to pick him.

There is no reason for Fergie to lie about this.
make one up then you tart

Unread 17-02-2010, 10:13 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
could be worse....i could post youtube links to myself playing and coaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
he's like this @#%&!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
thanks for your contribution

Unread 17-02-2010, 11:08 PM
wee man

Thumbs up Re: Rooney dropped for Everton

Quote:

Chris Bascombe
Liverpool Echo

Liverpool? Try Chelsea.

I'm going to have some fun with this. Thank you.
Closed Thread