United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Redordead

Default Our youth players

Every year we hear a dozen names on here about players going to make it - they get loaned out sold etc.

If you were offered a million quid to pick one player from our setup and if he made it as a United player ( ala giggs evans ,not gibson/welbeck/machada ) you would be paid who would you back?

Not upto speed on the youth just follow what people on here say really, and it seems every single player gets backed as a future legend - thought I would find a few players to take more of an interest in - Cheers.

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Our youth players

Pogba.

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Time For Heroes

Pogba banker, Morrison as long as he keeps on the straight and narrow.

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:21 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Pogba.
Yep.

Matty James is another.

I would say Morrison, but he has that suspect temperament .

I'm also tempted to say Danny Welbeck, he is going to make a lot of people look silly.

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Harri Jaffa

Anderson

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

What is this businesss with Ravel's temperament etc?

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
I thought you were talking about Anderson's Tempranillo

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I thought you were talking about Anderson's Tempranillo
He's on chasers already?

just wondered 'cos i've met Morrisons Dad a few times and he's a decent fella who seems to think Ravel's a decent kid? I know parents don't always know what their kids are up to.

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
On the pitch, he's a bit of a hot head, reacts from time to time and has been sent off more than once IIRC.

Off the pitch, well, he's a bit of a #@&%!. Mixed up with the wrong people, in trouble with the law and on his final warning at OT. You might have seen it mentioned in the 'players under 20' thread. But, he is young and not the first, so here's hoping he can sort his head out. He is being 'fast tracked' into the reserves and I imagine the periphery of the 1st team squad, probably to try and give him a glimpse of what he might miss, challenge him and keep him busy.

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:31 AM
rebelcountyred

Eikrem, make or break year.

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
He's on chasers already?

just wondered 'cos i've met Morrisons Dad a few times and he's a decent fella who seems to think Ravel's a decent kid? I know parents don't always know what their kids are up to.
Truthfully I have no idea where the idea that Morrison has issues has come from, but then I know less than most tbph

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
On the pitch, he's a bit of a hot head, reacts from time to time and has been sent off more than once IIRC.

Off the pitch, well, he's a bit of a #@&%!. Mixed up with the wrong people, in trouble with the law and on his final warning at OT. You might have seen it mentioned in the 'players under 20' thread.
I see, well he's talented so I hope he gets his head down.

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Wonder about Petrucci, had a lot of injuries hasn't he? Was very highly rated by the yoof coaches I seem to remember.

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:41 AM
neworder

Brady.

Shows lots of flair.

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:53 AM
dunk

Quote:
Wonder about Petrucci, had a lot of injuries hasn't he? Was very highly rated by the yoof coaches I seem to remember.
Looked very good in the brief patches of fitness he has had. Not seen his name on any of the squads mentioned (milk cup, America, reserve games) so far.

I'm hoping he can get fit and get some football under his belt.

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:57 AM
rafabio

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Joshua King.

But on pure ability on the ball, Morrison is streets ahead of everyone.

Eikrem is more like scholes. Beautiful vision and passing ability.

Dunk, petrucci is old now for milk cup. He is 18 or 19 now I think. Although not sure why he wasn't in reserves team last week. But isn't there a under-19 tournament starting. Reece brown is in englands squad. May be petrucci is also with Italy's squad.

Unread 14-07-2010, 09:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
I am surprised nobody has mentioned Joshua King.

But on pure ability on the ball, Morrison is streets ahead of everyone.

Eikrem is more like scholes. Beautiful vision and passing ability.

Dunk, petrucci is old now for milk cup. He is 18 or 19 now I think. Although not sure why he wasn't in reserves team last week. But isn't there a under-19 tournament starting. Reece brown is in englands squad. May be petrucci is also with Italy's squad.
From what I've seen he's a hell of an athlete and fast as £#%&! but looks a bit clumsy on the bal. Fair?

Unread 14-07-2010, 10:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
He's 18 atm. The International thing would make sense, although, he was injured from about February last season wasn't he? Not sure what is wrong with him.

Josh King is another one, I wouldn't put my house on him just yet though.

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:15 PM
MrBishi

Olly Gill

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Redordead

Already half a dozen have been mentioned - this is my point, you get this every season and the rossis brandies ebanks-blakes cambells are binned off.

So to win a million quid which player would you back?
Closed Thread