United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Redordead

Default Alonso for Vidic - Tin hat on.

I was slaughtered for this suggestion in the real world so I thought I would allow the fredsters to add to my caining.

I thought rather that getting money from Madrid for Vidic we should swap for a proven premiership playmaker who I believe is not having the best of times at Madrid ( I wanted to do this in Jan )

This is also because i believe Vidic is being a #@&%! and sulking about leaving.

As you were Fredsters

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Kwik

Thumbs down Re: Alonso for Vidic - Tin hat on.

I'd rather take an uber @#%&! like Benzema over that scouse bastard if we were to deal with those £#%&!ing £#%&!ers again.

ScholesScoresGoals2

Default Re: Alonso for Vidic - Tin hat on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
I was slaughtered for this suggestion in the real world so I thought I would allow the fredsters to add to my caining.

I thought rather that getting money from Madrid for Vidic we should swap for a proven premiership playmaker who I believe is not having the best of times at Madrid ( I wanted to do this in Jan )

This is also because i believe Vidic is being a #@&%! and sulking about leaving.

As you were Fredsters
Kaka

antonin jablonsky

I don't see Alonso adding anything extra to our midfield mix tbh. If we are to strengthen that area of the team we should be looking at an attacking central midfielder who can create and score goals and possibly a left winger, if Nani can't transfer his form this month to that side.

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Redordead

I find Kaka or Benzema swap for Vidic an unlikely deal...thogh I would like it.

Alonso might happen and they need Vidic.

Thoughts?

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwik
I'd rather take an uber @#%&! like Benzema over that scouse bastard if we were to deal with those £#%&!ing £#%&!ers again.
Could Benzema play on the left side of a forward 3?

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Albert Tatlock

Why is Vidic being a #@&%! anyway.

It looks like Fergie is going to let him leave, so why would he misbehave ?

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Redordead

I am reluctant to sign players who dont want to be here, He (Benzema - wanted Madrid )

Xavi Alonso could do a good job over the next few years....ask liverpool if they are missing him

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Why is Vidic being a #@&%! anyway.

It looks like Fergie is going to let him leave, so why would he misbehave ?
Couldnt agree with you more - what a @#%&!.

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I am reluctant to sign players who dont want to be here, He (Benzema - wanted Madrid )

Xavi Alonso could do a good job over the next few years....ask liverpool if they are missing him
Where are you getting this story about Alonso not doing well at Real?

Again, don't think he'd add much extra to our midfield and isn't what we actually need.

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Kwik

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Could Benzema play on the left side of a forward 3?

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwik
Is that a no?

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:38 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

You can't use Alonso to pay off your overdraft.

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:43 AM
El Chalten

why the £#%&! do we need Alonso?

Carrick > Alonso

nft.

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Erics Collar

didnt Scholes get sent off for trying to take Alonsos head off with a spinning back fist that missed by miles???

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/qCVgarUmQ-k/

oh and this thread :shakehead:

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:49 AM
toseeunited

anyone who's been watching madrid this year can see alonso has made the difference there, he's not going anywhere.

i hop we do vidic for benzema, regardless of the reports he wanted madrid as opposed to united, but look at it another way, if he's already been to madrid, at least we won't have "the ronaldo's" every @#%&!ing summer again

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Baron

Quote:

It's like a mixed metaphor

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Where are you getting this story about Alonso not doing well at Real?

Again, don't think he'd add much extra to our midfield and isn't what we actually need.
Alonso played well at the weekend, apparently Madrid play better as a team without Ronnie in it, but are less potent, & Alosno plays better without Diarra alongside.

That said, he's been a bit shit for 3 seasons out of 4 - last season he was at his best, and although he might be better than Carrick, Carrick does something that amounts to about the same thing. Dictates the play from in front of the back four with metronomic passing... an in form Carrick might not be as glamarous as an in form Alonso or Pirlo, but he does what we need him to do & we've won 3 titles on the spin & got to back to back CL finals.

We need a midfielder that can score goals & ideally either run with the ball or arrive late bang on cue... . A 25 year old Scholes would be ideal but it's asking a smidge much of course.

Ozil, Hamsik, Diego () etc are all the kind of player I'd of liked us to look at - doesn't mean we should be shelling out the ludicrous fees asked in some cases whilst looking for this elusive 'value' but I think there are players that would improve us.

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:55 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

once again you can't pay your overdraft with Alonso.

Unread 03-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Whip Hubley

Alonso would offer absolutely nothing that Carrick, when in good form, doesn't already. If we're honest Alonso is probably the more consistent player but there are other areas that need improvement first - Attacking mid, arguably left wing, and a striker

Unread 03-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Appletango

As good as Alonso is he isn't the type of midfielder we need. We missed a trick by not including Sneider in the deal for Ronaldo imo.

If were were to take a player of them, I'd go with Higuian if he was available, it looks like he is in their first team plans now though.
Closed Thread