United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-10-2017, 06:45 PM
suedeshoes

Default Margingone

FC United's heartless, vicious board have relieved Karl Marginson of his managers position.

The only manager FC have ever had. Won 9 promotions and 17 trophies.

Boooooooo.

Unread 24-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Jack Duckworth

noticed that the crowds have dropped this season (comparatively so, still huge for that league). is that the reason?

i'm supposed to be going with a few mates on saturday

Unread 24-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Top top guy.....

Done an awful lot outside of the football scene for my mum...

Nothing but respect for the guy...

Obviously have no idea how the team are getting on but he's a sound guy in my eyes..

Unread 24-10-2017, 06:59 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Obviously have no idea how the team are getting on
Obviously...

I've got to know him pretty well over the years. Nice fella.

Hope the new gaffer let's me into his office to drink his booze too.

Unread 24-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Obviously...

I've got to know him pretty well over the years. Nice fella.

Hope the new gaffer let's me into his office to drink his booze too.
Greavsy

Sure he will

Unread 24-10-2017, 07:07 PM
Jack Duckworth

why have they sacked him now? where do they expect to be considering they supposedly have one of the lowest budgets in the league?

why did the members get to vote about appearing on tv, but not about sacking the manager?

i want answers, goddammit!!

Unread 24-10-2017, 07:17 PM
hopkins

*puts away the Marie Out bed sheet*

Unread 24-10-2017, 07:23 PM
red in cumbria

Switchers?

Unread 24-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
why have they sacked him now? where do they expect to be considering they supposedly have one of the lowest budgets in the league?

why did the members get to vote about appearing on tv, but not about sacking the manager?

i want answers, goddammit!!
As a severely lapsed FCer I think I've forgotten the answer to this, but why do FC have one of the smallest budgets? Surely they should have by far and away the highest? I assume all the other teams get given a few quid by local firms for advertising or whatever. Where else do they get dough?

Unread 24-10-2017, 07:41 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
*puts away the Marie Out bed sheet*

Unread 24-10-2017, 07:41 PM
20 times

There’s no evidence whatsoever that fc have one of the smallest budgets in the league. Nobody knows the budgets of all the other teams ffs

Unread 24-10-2017, 07:45 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Top top guy.....

Done an awful lot outside of the football scene for my mum...

Nothing but respect for the guy...

Obviously have no idea how the team are getting on but he's a sound guy in my eyes..
Agreed, Bunks.

One of the "rewards" for investing in the Buy a Brick scheme when BP was built was to have your photo taken on the pitch before a match.

Took ages to get it sorted but eventually me and my two mates went pitchside with the official club photographer on a Saturday afternoon.

As it happens, Karl was talking with Daz Lyons on the touchline, watching the players warm up, and I chanced it and politely interrupted him and asked him if he'd join us for the photo.

"Of course mate, no problem at all" and he spent five minutes in the centre circle with us, at about 2.30 before kick-off.

Absolutely top Manc, top red and FC legend. Had to happen eventually I suppose, but what a sad, sad day for anyone who's been emotionally invested in FC over the years.

End of a very special era with great memories.

Unread 24-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Mr Kaboom

His card was marked the second he got on the wrong side of the person who pulls all the strings at fc, be those by fair or usually foul means. Sickening to watch the manipulated morons all jump on the bandwagon over the past few weeks.

Unread 24-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
As a severely lapsed FCer I think I've forgotten the answer to this, but why do FC have one of the smallest budgets? Surely they should have by far and away the highest? I assume all the other teams get given a few quid by local firms for advertising or whatever. Where else do they get dough?
i think it's because of the cost of the new ground. my mate who used to go all over watching them, but now on;y goes now and then, said building the new ground was the worst thing that could have happened to them. don't know how true that is though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
His card was marked the second he got on the wrong side of the person who pulls all the strings at fc, be those by fair or usually foul means. Sickening to watch the manipulated morons all jump on the bandwagon over the past few weeks.
i've not kept up with all the politics, but are you on about jp? i thought he was one of the good guys, and it was walsh and co who had treated it as their own personal fiefdom, and moved away from the founding principals?

got jp's book on my list for santa

Unread 24-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Switching Off

Would take him at Witton.

Unread 24-10-2017, 08:38 PM
puressence

There’s a very special announcement Friday can’t say to much

Unread 24-10-2017, 08:56 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
Grow up

Unread 24-10-2017, 09:00 PM
sa7

FC pulling itself apart?

Unread 24-10-2017, 09:41 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
FC pulling itself apart?
Be careful of that iceberg mate

Unread 24-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i think it's because of the cost of the new ground. my mate who used to go all over watching them, but now on;y goes now and then, said building the new ground was the worst thing that could have happened to them. don't know how true that is though.

i've not kept up with all the politics, but are you on about jp? i thought he was one of the good guys, and it was walsh and co who had treated it as their own personal fiefdom, and moved away from the founding principals?

got jp's book on my list for santa
The problem was portraying ourselves as punk football, only to chase funding that meant bending our principles to the extent of posing with Tory MPs on the £#%&!ing pitch. Then going on the defensive and attacking people who raised objections by deriding them as bullies.

Still, there's a number who claim that JP O'Neill cleverly manipulated people by only telling them one side of the story, lying and conniving to get them onside, to push out people he didn't like and run the club himself.

The trouble with that idea is that it completely ignores the absolute £#%&!ing landslide of board meeting minutes, forum posts, Facebook posts, Twitter updates (and, say, Tory MP photo opps ) etc, that those to blame posted themselves, openly, in their own names, and which showed just how badly they had £#%&!ed up and just how much disdain they had for the co-owners of the club who either paid their wages or voted them in.

Some of them weren't even football fans, let alone United fans, and when we complained about, for example, some Boro supporting #@&%! pissing away OUR money and being handsomely paid for it, we got called bullies and thugs, on the club's own Twitter, on its Facebook page, on its official forum. The club we owned.
We are well rid of leeching @#%&!s like that, but there are people who'd rather he and his pals were still there.

As for Margy, I'm not qualified to say, but friends of mine reckon he's out of ideas.

Still, it's all very sad. Margy is an absolute FC legend and I wish him all the very best. Some brilliant, unforgettable memories thanks to him.
Closed Thread