United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-08-2017, 09:06 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Is it wrong through ?

Last season for us he scored last minute winners, ran down the keepers in injury time in the Europa, took the game by the scruff in cup finals, provided rashers with winners late on, always gave 100%....

His weight, stamina and fitness can never be questioned but always is strangely by those that dislike him....

He was injured a lot after Xmas but still came back in and gave everything for the shirt, never once moaned about being benched...

It's really odd the people that now claim he was going through the motions at united..
Yes. Regardless of what he does at Everton -and I hope he does well- he was poor here last few years.

Can't re-write history mate.

Unread 17-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yes. Regardless of what he does at Everton -and I hope he does well- he was poor here last few years.

Can't re-write history mate.
It's not me that is re-writing stuff...

People have set out their stall Rooney = Shit.

Whatever he did / does now is spun to fit this narrative..

Unread 17-08-2017, 09:12 PM
utd99

Quote:
It's not me that is re-writing stuff...

People have set out their stall Rooney = Shit.

Whatever he did / does now is spun to fit this narrative..
Rooney was brilliant; then he wasn't. It happens. If he has an Indian summer good luck to him. He was a pivotal player in our history, but if someone plays poorly, they play poorly. He did; way too often.

Unread 17-08-2017, 09:15 PM
Bunker Buster

So now he's getting starts week in week out (granted only per season and a handful of competitive) he scored screamers, winners on league debut, pivotal to Europa qualification it's now because he was coasting at united...

Not because he didn't get a run in the last few years (apart from van fall when he scored every game for 8/9 before Xmas) due to injuries and Zlatan banging..

Unread 17-08-2017, 09:19 PM
utd99

Quote:
So now he's getting starts week in week out (granted only per season and a handful of competitive) he scored screamers, winners on league debut, pivotal to Europa qualification it's now because he was coasting at united...

Not because he didn't get a run in the last few years (apart from van fall when he scored every game for 8/9 before Xmas) due to injuries and Zlatan banging..
It's not enough to judge. The move's obviously given him a second wind, but lets see how he does over a season. He played less and less because he didn't deserve any more. If he was performing he would have played. It's all about United, not individuals.

Unread 17-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Cream

Any score?

Unread 17-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Any score?
2-0 Everton

Rooney with neither.

Unread 17-08-2017, 09:40 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
2-0 Everton

Rooney with neither.
Played a part in both though

Unread 17-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Doesn't fit the agenda....

Unread 17-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Albert Tatlock

He served the club well. Good luck to him, no need for any hate

Unread 17-08-2017, 10:03 PM
utd99

Quote:
Is any criticism of a player you like an 'agenda' then?

Unread 17-08-2017, 10:05 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
2-0 Everton

Rooney with neither.
Quote:
Quote:
love Fred etc etc

Unread 17-08-2017, 10:28 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Is it wrong through ?

Last season for us he scored last minute winners, ran down the keepers in injury time in the Europa, took the game by the scruff in cup finals, provided rashers with winners late on, always gave 100%....

His weight, stamina and fitness can never be questioned but always is strangely by those that dislike him....

He was injured a lot after Xmas but still came back in and gave everything for the shirt, never once moaned about being benched...

It's really odd the people that now claim he was going through the motions at united..
When did he score a last minute winner last season?

The only late goals I remember him scoring were an equaliser at Stoke and a consolation at Fenerbahçe. Most of our season was categorised by the lack of anybody stepping up with last minute winners tbh. Rashford at Hull, Pogba v Boro, Zlat in the league cup final, precious few others despite no lack of close games in which to nick one. Rooney not the worst culprit by any means.

Details.

Unread 17-08-2017, 10:31 PM
armchair

you'd think the rooney haters would be pleased with him leaving but he's gone and they still obsess over him and follow every move. Very odd.

The guy is just playing the game he loves. And at a very high standard. Elite level.

Unread 17-08-2017, 10:36 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
agenda....
Stated a fact, helped a Fredster in need.

Apologise.

Unread 17-08-2017, 10:40 PM
utd99

The Roonophiles have been busy in the window I see.

Unread 17-08-2017, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
There is no agenda, pal. I don't know any United fan (here or irl) who doesn't wish him well at Everton.

Unread 17-08-2017, 11:59 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Game stopped. Croatians swinging like £#%&! in the crowd
Any videos? I want to see the stuff nobody wants to see

Unread 18-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Any videos? I want to see the stuff nobody wants to see

Unread 18-08-2017, 01:20 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
More likely him, than a cb tbf. It is his job. He is a forward. A bit like crediting a keeper for a save or even a goal kick.
Closed Thread