United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-08-2017, 01:27 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
James Wilson is back in the under 23 squad....
How did he do during his numerous loans?

Unread 16-08-2017, 02:37 PM
The Stella Fella

Personally can't see anymore with 2 weeks to go- business closed I reckon although would still like Fabinho to cover a number of positions

Unread 16-08-2017, 02:44 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
How did he do during his numerous loans?
missed all of last season with knee-knack suffered at Derby.

Unread 16-08-2017, 03:02 PM
goldfinger II

Surprised we haven't sold more, come to think of it.

Unread 16-08-2017, 03:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Personally can't see anymore with 2 weeks to go- business closed I reckon although would still like Fabinho to cover a number of positions
Yeah, we've never signed anyone close to the deadline before

Unread 16-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Right decision

The ultimate aim is to get up to the likes of Madrid and Bayern and signing someone like Perisic isn't going to do that
Better to wait for someone better to come on the market
A few months ago there were people likely saying the same about Matic.

Unread 16-08-2017, 04:02 PM
gbmufc

Time to give Martial some game time and when Shaw is available the left side should be sorted. Blind will be demoted to the bench hopefully along with Fellani and Lingard.

Unread 16-08-2017, 04:09 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Time to give Martial some game time and when Shaw is available [SIZE="4"]when Shaw is available [SIZE="6"]when Shaw is available the left side should be sorted. Blind will be demoted to the bench hopefully along with Fellani and Lingard.
When Shaw is available will be written on his grave.

Once he is fit again, it will be for 1 month MAX.

Unread 16-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Time to give Martial some game time and when Shaw is available the left side should be sorted. Blind will be demoted to the bench hopefully along with Fellani and Lingard.
Shaw isn't going to make it at united.

Unread 16-08-2017, 06:52 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Shaw isn't going to make it at united.
Agreed

Doesn't seem to have the stones tbf. Seems rather mentality weak too

Plus he looks and plays like a waddling fat £#%&!er most of the time. Yeah he had that decent three week spell before he broke his leg, shit otherwise though.

As it goes I'd be happy if we stumped up the cash for perisic tbh? Seems like a hard worker, fast and can deliver a good ball from wide areas. Would also give us depth in the area of the pitch that imo we're lacking.

Unread 16-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Sweet FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Surprised we haven't sold more, come to think of it.
Very suprised 2-3 more have not gone ,thats football today though ,if they fancy a more lucrative offer their gone , yet when their on big wage's at big clubs they more than happy to play in reserves ,than play in some other clubs first team on lesser money , when very rarely involved , proper sportsmen would want to be involved in proper games regardless of money, then again they were proper men 20-30 yrs ago.

Unread 16-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Whalefish

Squad is like me after an XL full English, bloated. Some of the deadwood needs shifting. Also removes the temptation to keep tinkering and rotating in key positions from one game to the next.

I bet Smalling is thankful Rojo is crocked. Mind you if the former had any ambition to play in the next WC for England he'd move because I don't see him being a regular again at United anytime soon. Reserve at best.

I can't complain about the signings this Summer but IMO United don't have a top class winger in the squad and Valencia aside, who does his job very well, the full back options are garbage. CL standard? We will soon see but not for me.

Unread 16-08-2017, 08:42 PM
sa7

To be fair I wouldn't be surprised if Jose is reticent to let players go too quickly. Knowing how much of a cretin Woodward is when it comes to getting deals over the line, he'd be at risk of being left light if players were sold and not replaced.

Unread 16-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Squad is like me after an XL full English, bloated. Some of the deadwood needs shifting. Also removes the temptation to keep tinkering and rotating in key positions from one game to the next.

I bet Smalling is thankful Rojo is crocked. Mind you if the former had any ambition to play in the next WC for England he'd move because I don't see him being a regular again at United anytime soon. Reserve at best.

I can't complain about the signings this Summer but IMO United don't have a top class winger in the squad and Valencia aside, who does his job very well, the full back options are garbage. CL standard? We will soon see but not for me.
Reading between the lines, Mourinho said he only played that defence in the EL because Bailly and Jones were suspended and Rojo is injured.

That is not good for Smalling

Unread 16-08-2017, 08:55 PM
dunk

More likely we've had £#%&! all in the way of decent offers, even in the current market, as most we'd be prepared to let go cost us a fortune, are earning a fortune and have proven that they aren't that good.

Can not believe Ashley Young is still on the books

Unread 16-08-2017, 08:55 PM
ScarFace

offer shaw for rose. seems just the player spurs want...cheap, english and could sell to city in the future.

Unread 16-08-2017, 08:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
offer shaw for rose. seems just the player spurs want...cheap, english and could sell to city in the future.
No. Keep Shaw. £#%&! Rose off. Shaw is far, far more talented.

Unread 16-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No. Keep Shaw. £#%&! Rose off. Shaw is far, far more talented.
Some players just can't hack it, no matter how talented they are. The list is endless.

Happy to give him this season but, after that no! Don't want another Anderson.

Every £#%&!ing pre season..."This is definitely Ando's year"

£#%&! off!

Unread 16-08-2017, 09:07 PM
dunk

This 'can't hack it' thing is a bit of a meme. He's had a shattered leg, struggled during the beginning of his first season back, got a couple of decent performances under his belt and then broke/£#%&!ed his foot. He's not even 22 yet is he? The lad deserves a break/chance. I've certainly seen enough from a footballing point of view to suggest he can do it. If in another year or 2's time we're still talking about him staying fit he'll have reached Jones territory..

Unread 16-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This 'can't hack it' thing is a bit of a meme. He's had a shattered leg, struggled during the beginning of his first season back, got a couple of decent performances under his belt and then broke/£#%&!ed his foot. He's not even 22 yet is he? The lad deserves a break/chance. I've certainly seen enough from a footballing point of view to suggest he can do it. If in another year or 2's time we're still talking about him staying fit he'll have reached Jones territory..

Didn't say he can't hack it did I?
I said loads have had the ability but couldn't hack it. Jury is still out for me with him.

As I said, happy to see how he develops this season but, if it's the same old shite, £#%&! that!
Closed Thread