United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
They were a crossbar away from ending that unbeaten run on about 6 games if Ruud hadn't missed
They also should have lost it at Portsmouth when Pires dived, early in the season.

Unread 16-08-2017, 11:01 AM
20 times

Arsed. Pointless %@#$&!s. Sky wasting time on this

Unread 16-08-2017, 11:05 AM
AK14

This 'Debate' program looks utter gash!

Watched about five minutes of one last week with Phill Neville and Craig Bellamy

Tonight's one should be good...

Bellamy is joined by Karen Brady

Unread 16-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Lightbulb

didn't see the program but i don't think the question was would you swap 3 medals for 1. rather if those two teams played each other, who would win.

Unread 16-08-2017, 11:09 AM
dunk

Think there was only Henry out of that Arsenal team that would've got in the '99 team, and that's a maybe. Perhaps Vieira, but as he was part of one of the teams vanquished by the '99 side, he can £#%&! off.

It's an absolute nonsense to compare the 2. One was extremely adept at avoiding defeat, the other were £#%&!ing winners

Unread 16-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Tumescent Throb

the treble team went on and won the league for the next 2 seasons

the arsenal team went on and finished 12pts off the top the next season and spawned the luckiest fa cup win ever after being completely outclassed at wembley by united. the following season they ended in 4th place, 24pts behind the winners.

united in transition battered them 4-2 on their own pitch in 04/05 and completely out-classed them again at OT in 05/06 ...

in the unbeaten league campaign season arsenal drew a 3rd of their games. united 99 on paper would have beaten them 8 or 9 nil.

Unread 16-08-2017, 11:47 AM
believe

Didn't we beat them 6-1 the season after the treble?

Unread 16-08-2017, 12:51 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
5-1 at half time, the only decent lunchtime game we've played.

Unread 16-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
00/01

Amazing first half

Unread 16-08-2017, 01:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Igor Stepanovs and Nelson Vivas

A bit of a step down from Keown and Campbell tbf.

Unread 16-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Arnold Muhren

12 draws. Invincibles my arse.

Unread 16-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Mr_Ed

I watched 15 minutes of mostly Henreeeeeeeee talking and Keano throwing a few bits in.

You can go a whole season unbeaten and not win the league and no £#%&!er would remember.

Going 2 seasons unbeaten away from home is a great achievement (they did it in 02 but lost at home) but have they ever win the European cup? Nope.

Unread 16-08-2017, 01:34 PM
puressence

They actually lost more games that season than utds than utds treble winning season. And remaining unbeaten has been done before the treble never ever. So £#%&! the debate

Unread 16-08-2017, 02:53 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I watched 15 minutes of mostly Henreeeeeeeee talking and Keano throwing a few bits in.

You can go a whole season unbeaten and not win the leagueand no £#%&!er would remember.

Going 2 seasons unbeaten away from home is a great achievement (they did it in 02 but lost at home) but have they ever win the European cup? Nope
They'd certainly remember if you drew them all and got relegated on 38 points

You'd still be invincible though

Unread 16-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Pop

Invincibles my arse. Fergie put together two or three teams better than them. Could be argued Wengers 98/99 were better too. As were Mourinho's early Chelsea teams.

@#%&!s.

Unread 16-08-2017, 04:17 PM
magic_cantona

Unbeaten run was only kept in tact when Pires did one of the worst dives evern to win a pelanty at home to Portsmouth to ensure they didn't lose.

But anyway, being masters of your own country in the league and FA Cup and also in Europe against an unbeaten run which won them 1 trophy - it's amazing that Arsenal fans actually think it's better. Well, I suppose 'amazing' is probably the wrong word seeing as their support is made up of 90% #@&%!s who make their own club a laughing stock and 10% #@&%! JCL's who also make their club a laughing stock.

Boominator ffs

Unread 16-08-2017, 04:30 PM
sa7

Not losing is a statistic.

Trophies are a tangible reward.

Trophies > Statistics

United's 99 season > Arsenal's entire history

United

Unread 16-08-2017, 04:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
United 07- 08 better than both

That Portsmouth FA Cup game
Just on this occasion, you're maybe not totally wrong. Adored that side tbh.

Unread 16-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Tough call that one

Both fantastic sides that SHOULD have had more European success. Could be argued that one of fergies failings was he never strengthened either side/squad after we'd won the cup?

One signing in the summer of 99 in Bosnich (on a free) iirc and wasn't Berba our only signing summer 08?
There's a few things I'd criticise Fergie for but I think the failure to strengthen in both cases were more down to a board motivated by profits rather than his choice. Just won the European cup, no need to invest, time to save some money. If I recall bosnich was an Edwards thing and Fergie never wanted him.

Unread 16-08-2017, 06:12 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
They also should have lost it at Portsmouth when Pires dived, early in the season.
I thought I was the only one that still got unreasonably wound up about that
Closed Thread