United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-03-2011, 10:48 PM
andyroo

Default Re: FA vs. United

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
keane was not banned twice for the same foul.
Aye. I wouldn't be raising this one in our defence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Rio's retrospective ban v wolves yet Gerrard gets away with it v Brown of Portsmouth
Again, that's not exactly how it happened. Gerrard got away with it the same way Rooney got away with it v Wigan, lest we forget - the ref blew up for the foul so he had no option. Though there was BY A £#%&!ING MILE less outcry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I know you mentioned it but Rooney and Scholes getting domestic bans for red cards received in the Amsterdam tournament, when Gerrard received one in the very same tournament either the year before or the year after and received no ban.
But this, this was an absolute £#%&!ing scandal. Horrendous. The way they kept saying "we have no choice, we have no choice" when they have the choice if it's an English referee that gives the card. And they were pretty £#%&!ing soft red cards too, whereas the Riise one in particular he cut the bloke in £#%&!ing half. In a friendly.

Unread 10-03-2011, 11:06 PM
dunk

It tends to be more that the FA are pressurised or see an opportunity to make an example of United and their players, purely because it gets the most publicity and gets the message across to the masses if they come down heavy on United.

Unread 10-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Again, that's not exactly how it happened. Gerrard got away with it the same way Rooney got away with it v Wigan, lest we forget - the ref blew up for the foul so he had no option. Though there was BY A £#%&!ING MILE less outcry.
The Mascherano and Ferdinand ones were dealt with in the same way though. Oh, hang on.....

Unread 10-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Argentina

The Keane one was ridiculous. Banned for writing about the Haaland tackle for 'bringing the game into disrepute'.

Michael Owen wrote about his tackle on Ronny Johnsen in his autobiography and nothing was said. He said in the autobiography 'it was one of those games where we were in the changing rooms before sharpening our studs'.

WTF? Virtually admitted they were intentionally going out to do United players and nothing was done! Wouldn't be surprised if it was done now he's a United player ...just when he next gets fit

Unread 10-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Remember that.

Don't really believe the FA have it in for United, just that the media pressure filters through.
That's about the size of it. United is both the media's cash cow and the FA's example setter, so it works for both of them.

Unread 10-03-2011, 11:39 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
The Mascherano and Ferdinand ones were dealt with in the same way though. Oh, hang on...
True. True.

Mascherano is a horrible bucky @#%&!. I couldn't believe that total meltdown at OT, the very week they'd been banging on about that 'respect' %@#$&!s. Was totally unprovoked, right from the start just yelling "£#%&! off, £#%&! off" in the referee's face like Timmy Howard on coke.

Unread 10-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Withers

You win some, you lose some.

Move on.

Owt else is embarrassing.

Unread 11-03-2011, 12:28 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Thanks for the backup carlo.
Hadn't seen this thread.

You hammered him, total no-nowt just sloped off.

Unread 11-03-2011, 01:03 AM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
The Mascherano and Ferdinand ones were dealt with in the same way though. Oh, hang on.....

YouTube - The FA do it again...
Scouse @#%&! on Michael Brown

Nothing to answer for,

@#%&! plays @#%&!

Unread 11-03-2011, 01:59 AM
Cream

what about that chelsea game at old trafford where terry should've been suspended, as had happened to one of our players not long before, but you just knew he'd be allowed to play, and he did?

anyone?

Unread 11-03-2011, 07:11 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
it's the press that gets me more than the FA tbh....just the difference in reaction this last fortnight sums it all up: Rooney's elbow which actually caused no damage and was almost certainly a lot less harmful than it looked (i.e he didn't mean to hurt the lad), must have 100+ articles about it, VS Carragher's scathing 'cut to the bone and could have been a lot worse', intentionally nasty, tackle, which had about 0 dedicated articles on it. Its ridiculous the amount of stick Utd players get....
this. if you lined up all the memebers of the FA even now and got each one of them to say to a journo "it's true we made united not compete in the FA cup so they could do us a favour it had NOTHING to do with United whatsoever and in NO WAY did United disrepect the FA cup" the next days headlines would be "FA FINALLY ADMIT UNITED THINK FA CUP IS SHIT"

Unread 11-03-2011, 08:55 AM
MUFC One Love

For me, when we was at the peak of our rivalry with Arsenal it seemed they got away with murder, whilst our players got done for everything. David Dein on the board of the F.A. was seen as the reason. The way Arsenal got soft punishment for assaulting Van Nistlerooy on the pitch at a high 'emotion' part of the game which led to trouble outside. Well, I say trouble but our lot were waiting outside for Arsenal fans and they wouldn't come out.

Unread 11-03-2011, 09:09 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
it's the press that gets me more than the FA tbh....just the difference in reaction this last fortnight sums it all up: Rooney's elbow which actually caused no damage and was almost certainly a lot less harmful than it looked (i.e he didn't mean to hurt the lad), must have 100+ articles about it, VS Carragher's scathing 'cut to the bone and could have been a lot worse', intentionally nasty, tackle, which had about 0 dedicated articles on it. Its ridiculous the amount of stick Utd players get....
Agree with this, in the same weekend we had howls of derision because rooney elbowed someone with so little force he didn't even go down and the very same @#%&!s on the very same day were chuckling and chortling because of the hilarious 23 man set too between Macc town and another team. Punches flying everywhere is funny but one off the ball incident isn't.

Unread 11-03-2011, 09:10 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
For me, when we was at the peak of our rivalry with Arsenal it seemed they got away with murder, whilst our players got done for everything. David Dein on the board of the F.A. was seen as the reason. The way Arsenal got soft punishment for assaulting Van Nistlerooy on the pitch at a high 'emotion' part of the game which led to trouble outside. Well, I say trouble but our lot were waiting outside for Arsenal fans and they wouldn't come out.
That's another, they were somehow allowed to stagger their bans for that so that they didn't have all of the first team players missing at once.

Unread 11-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Agree with this, in the same weekend we had howls of derision because rooney elbowed someone with so little force he didn't even go down and the very same @#%&!s on the very same day were chuckling and chortling because of the hilarious 23 man set too between Macc town and another team. Punches flying everywhere is funny but one off the ball incident isn't.
What's even funnier is that in the past week or so, one player has shot someone, another has failed a drugs test and a third has cut someone's leg to the bone.

Not a peep.

Unread 11-03-2011, 09:55 AM
BarryX

Quote:
What's even funnier is that in the past week or so, one player has shot someone, another has failed a drugs test and a third has cut someone's leg to the bone.

Not a peep.

so true it's funny.

Unread 11-03-2011, 10:13 AM
dunk

Quote:

Not a peep.
Tbf, the shooting thing was all over the NOTW, and is something or nothing, really. It wasn't a real gun after all, just and air gun.

Nobody cares about Kolo Toure, or City for that matter.

The liverpool one is a scandal though.

The fact Rooney's elbow is given so much coverage, but the tackle on Evra, over the top of the ball by Caldwell, in the same £#%&!ing game, was never mentioned is also £#%&!ing ludicrous.

But they are all the press rather than the FA.

Unread 11-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Tbf, the shooting thing was all over the NOTW, and is something or nothing, really. It wasn't a real gun after all, just and air gun.

Nobody cares about Kolo Toure, or City for that matter.

The liverpool one is a scandal though.

The fact Rooney's elbow is given so much coverage, but the tackle on Evra, over the top of the ball by Caldwell, in the same £#%&!ing game, was never mentioned is also £#%&!ing ludicrous.

But they are all the press rather than the FA.

This.

There is also the 5 day press debate about the standard of refereeing and how Utd get every decision after Webb gave the penalty and sending off against the vermin in the FA cup but not a £#%&!ing dickie bird after the 3rd game in a row against Chelsea where every big decision goes their way.

I think the last 3 weeks have been as bad as I can ever remember Abuism wise.

Unread 11-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
True that, it was nothing at all. It's still funny though.

It's also true no-one cares about Toure or city, but that's the point I suppose.

Unread 11-03-2011, 10:45 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The way Arsenal got soft punishment for assaulting Van Nistlerooy on the pitch at a high 'emotion' part of the game which led to trouble outside. Well, I say trouble but our lot were waiting outside for Arsenal fans and they wouldn't come out.

That's the only game I've ever seen a proper all-in brawl in my local. Some smug gooner @#%&! giving it socks after the penalty got saved, a United fan took a swing at him and next thing you know it's all on. Girls flying in and everything. Not me though, I'm a big shithouse.

And the gooner @#%&! started working in my work the following day! Couldn't believe my eyes. Actually get on all right with him now as long as we're not talking about football, he's one of those "Wenger is building a team for the future!" £#%&!ers. Oh and we play five a side he's a dirty, dirty @#%&! but he wouldn't shut up about Eduardo or Ramsey
Closed Thread