United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-03-2011, 11:10 AM
carlosartorial

Default Re: Quick footy argument...

That Juve team can £#%&! off tbh.

Steroided up, refs in their pocket....no wonder they seemed formidable opponents.

Fans are a bunch of part-time @#%&!s as well tbfiat.

Edit: AND Turin is a boring shithole.

Unread 09-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
That Juve team can £#%&! off tbh.

Steroided up, refs in their pocket....no wonder they seemed formidable opponents.

Fans are a bunch of part-time @#%&!s as well tbfiat.

Edit: AND Turin is a boring shithole.

This. Although I'd still have del piero. Even now .

Milan had the best team of the 90's

Unread 09-03-2011, 11:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I'd agree with that. They're my favourite United side too, the most entertaining team I've ever watched, but the lack of squad depth was also a killer. The subs were the likes of Sharpe, McClair and Gary Walsh, for example.

I'd still have liked to see a full-strength team take on that Barça side, though. With Schmeichel behind them instead of Walsh, and the Kanchelskis-Hughes-Cantona-Giggs-Keane-Ince front six that was so strong. There's no doubt that team were definitely hampered by the stupid foreigner rule, but to the extent that they'd have won the trophy? Probably going too far.
Take that back, Sharpey was ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
One thing I always wondered, weren't barca also playing by the foreigner rule?
Not to the same extent. It crippled us because the Scots, Irish and Welsh were considered foreigners or 'assimilates', I think we could only have 3 foreigners and 2 assimilates, from memory, which meant only 2 of Giggs, Irwin, Hughes, McClair, Keane could play, it was a kick in the %@#$&!s.

Unread 09-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Take that back, Sharpey was ace
Oh I loved Sharpey, never fulfilled his potential imo

Unread 09-03-2011, 11:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Oh I loved Sharpey, never fulfilled his potential imo
He was £#%&!ing brilliant for the thick end of 6 years, injuries aside. Just a shame for him that Giggs emerged and he didn't fancy left back. Saw him at a Sportsmans Dinner last year, it seemed his relationship with the manager broke down and he saw the kids coming through and shit out. It's a damned shame, if he'd have stayed at OT he might just have avoided that knee injury

Unread 09-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Cream

Souness - who I actually don't hate so much these days, partly because he sits beside Jamie Redknapp - said last night that Barcelona are the best side he's ever seen.

Even if they don't happen to win the champion's league every season, you'd be stretching the realms of imagination to say this or that side from yesteryear would've battered them.

Busquets and Alves are £#%&!ing #@&%!s, mind you.

Unread 09-03-2011, 01:23 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
Souness - who I actually don't hate so much these days, partly because he sits beside Jamie Redknapp - said last night that Barcelona are the best side he's ever seen.

Even if they don't happen to win the champion's league every season, you'd be stretching the realms of imagination to say this or that side from yesteryear would've battered them.

Busquets and Alves are £#%&!ing #@&%!s, mind you.
Pretty much all the best players from the world cup winners, and chuck in the world's best player and Alves aswell Not bad.

Agree about Biscuits. Quite a few of them are snidey @#%&!s, Messi being one of them.

Unread 09-03-2011, 01:41 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

they're one or two signings away from having the best in the world in every position, when evra and vidic decide to up sticks and move to spain barca will never concede a goal again nqat

Unread 09-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

tbf xavi is 31. The way he plays he's probably only got another 4 years left on the clock.

Unread 09-03-2011, 01:47 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
they're one or two signings away from having the best in the world in every position, when evra and vidic decide to up sticks and move to spain barca will never concede a goal again nqat
Evra nowhere near the player he was 2 years ago imo.

Unread 09-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Evra nowhere near the player he was 2 years ago imo.
Energy levels not what they were, never been able to cross a ball, the amount of times excellent interplay down the left ends up with Evra blasting it off the defender for a throw is absurd.

Silvestre delivered a far better ball

Unread 09-03-2011, 02:47 PM
beansy

Quote:
Sullers was hoping people would bite, anyway....
And bite they did. Bite they did.

Unread 09-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansy
And bite they did. Bite they did.

Unread 09-03-2011, 03:32 PM
mazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
This Man U shakeyhead buisness is all %@#$&!s IMO. I will allways refer to us as United, end of, but many a time in the 80's we sang ole, ole, ole, ole Man U Man U! It was no big deal. I must admit I cringe when people say I support Man U but I think many uber Reds jump on the band wagon and slate people who use it as they think it makes them look more clued up.
The game where I first remember singing that was Wednesday away in 87 or 88 I think. It has a total different conotation now though. In the seventies UTD sang YWNWA!!! And we arguably were the first team to sing it but there is no way it would happen again because of the meaning it has now-a-days. My Mum refers to us as that and I correct her everytime she does.

Unread 09-03-2011, 04:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He was £#%&!ing brilliant for the thick end of 6 years, injuries aside. Just a shame for him that Giggs emerged and he didn't fancy left back. Saw him at a Sportsmans Dinner last year, it seemed his relationship with the manager broke down and he saw the kids coming through and shit out. It's a damned shame, if he'd have stayed at OT he might just have avoided that knee injury
And why might that have been, then??

You must surely have heard the rumours......

Unread 09-03-2011, 04:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And why might that have been, then??

You must surely have heard the rumours......
Oh yeah, and he didn't claim to be a saint by any means, he just put a different slant on it, as he would.

Unread 09-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzawya
The exact same side, yeah.
Admittedly it was only one game, but when it's the biggest stage in club football and you get shit out 4-0, then you aren't the greatest club side in history. It wasn't a one-off. Milan decimated them for very good reasons. They found their weaknesses and exploited them ruthlessly.
Closed Thread