United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2011, 03:22 AM
bcred

Default Nanners

Whilst I do get sick of his antics,he's been briiliant this year,any news on this injury?

Unread 07-03-2011, 03:27 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Default Re: Nanners

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
Whilst I do get sick of his antics,he's been briiliant this year,any news on this injury?
Utd medical staff are going to look at in on monday but it looks like it just a deep gash.

Pictures posted from other freds.

Bad tackle should have been straight red we all know,but the lack of shit stirring from sky sports speaks volumes about the shit that is modern football

Unread 07-03-2011, 03:30 AM
ScarFace

weeks out atleast as it will need alot of big stitches

Unread 07-03-2011, 03:35 AM
bcred

£#%&!.that is bad news. I don't suppose the FA will be holding any inquests.

Unread 07-03-2011, 03:40 AM
Stickman

he was crying wasnt he.

Unread 07-03-2011, 03:45 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
he was crying wasnt he.
Yes, he's a @#%&! but he's our @#%&!.

Unread 07-03-2011, 04:02 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
£#%&!.that is bad news. I don't suppose the FA will be holding any inquests.
No chance the ref seen it oh hang on they wanted to change the rules for rooneys elbow because it was so £#%&!ing bad but all of a sudden sky tv and 6 million whining abu @#%&!s dont think what caragher done was bad because we got what we desereved? hang on i thought we got what we deserved against Chelsea?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
he was crying wasnt he.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
was not suarez not crying after a tackle that he got up after with no injury?

FFs listen to the scouse press enough and you will become one

Unread 07-03-2011, 04:06 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
I actually felt like when a goal goes in against us when he turned and you saw the tears. If it was one of theirs, that would be my avatar. After I payed my subs.

Unread 07-03-2011, 07:55 AM
dontdopeas84

i heard that the gash went straight to the bone and thats why he was in agony

Unread 07-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdopeas84
i heard that the gash went straight to the bone and thats why he was in agony

FFS that fat £#%&!ing @#%&! Dowd just bellying about waving players away when Nani down seriously injured.. had to physically jump about to show him the blood and he still £#%&!ing ignored him.

Unread 07-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Tiberian

When you consider how often Rooneys relatively tame elbow was referred to as an assault we will need a new entry into the lexicon to describe that tackle by Carragher.

Carragher does not sell as many papers or keep as many people watching Skysports so an entirely muted condemnation quickly mutating into an anti Rafael campaign is what I expect.

There was come criticism of Nani, even from Utd fans for his reaction, but that is a shocking injury, leg split open, has to be somewhat traumatic for the lad to see it, as evidenced by his reaction, there was a degree of hysterical shock in his body language.

Possebon got a similar injury from what I recall.

Unread 07-03-2011, 09:17 AM
borsuk

the injury is a horrible one and anybody having a go at nani for his behaviour should have a long look at themselves. there's plenty of supposed supporters who can't wait for any excuse to have a pop at our own players, it's embarrassing at times.

the sight of the actual injury was completely unnecessary for dowd to do his job, of course. he wasn't unsighted, carragher went over the ball with a straight leg and studs up, it should have been the easiest decision for any referee. the tackle was a potential leg breaker and dowd failed in his most basic duty of ensuring the safety of the players. he should be removed from the list for the season.

more generally, some of the tackles that have gone unpunished over the last few weeks have been shocking. carragher's and rodriguez's yesterday, caldwell's last week, not to mention some of the assorted body checks and stamps on the achilles (an ivanovic speciality) from chelsea. unfortunately it's easy for a referee to make a name for himself by 'standing up to' fergie and united while simultaneously playing up to the home crowd, especially when it concerns a player whose media stereotyping provides an excuse like nani the diver or rafael the hothead.

Unread 07-03-2011, 09:22 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the injury is a horrible one and anybody having a go at nani for his behaviour should have a long look at themselves. there's plenty of supposed supporters who can't wait for any excuse to have a pop at our own players, it's embarrassing at times.

the sight of the actual injury was completely unnecessary for dowd to do his job, of course. he wasn't unsighted, carragher went over the ball with a straight leg and studs up, it should have been the easiest decision for any referee. the tackle was a potential leg breaker and dowd failed in his most basic duty of ensuring the safety of the players. he should be removed from the list for the season.

more generally, some of the tackles that have gone unpunished over the last few weeks have been shocking. carragher's and rodriguez's yesterday, caldwell's last week, not to mention some of the assorted body checks and stamps on the achilles (an ivanovic speciality) from chelsea. unfortunately it's easy for a referee to make a name for himself by 'standing up to' fergie and united while simultaneously playing up to the home crowd, especially when it concerns a player whose media stereotyping provides an excuse like nani the diver or rafael the hothead.
Top post

Unread 07-03-2011, 09:32 AM
waynes ear's

that injury looks gash

Unread 07-03-2011, 09:56 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
that injury looks gash

Unread 07-03-2011, 10:06 AM
lenin

Listening to Five Live last night. They managed to summarise the match without once mentioning this tackle or the United goal. Quite impressive, impartial stuff tbh.

Unread 07-03-2011, 10:08 AM
dunk

As an aside, how many times is that now that Carragher should've been sent off against United at Anfield? It must be the last 3 seasons at least?

Awful tackle, if it had been made by any United player and we had won, there would be enlarged images and replays of it everywhere, and that's without any sense of paranoia.

Unread 07-03-2011, 10:14 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Unread 07-03-2011, 10:32 AM
The Watcher

Gazza cries after a yellow card or Lionheart after (another) penalty defeat and it’s a display of passion. Nani cries after his leg is sliced open and he’s a @#%&!

The whole world can go £#%&! itself.

Unread 07-03-2011, 10:37 AM
andyroo

How come the tackle missed the shinpad? The cut's halfway down his shin, not just below the knee.
Closed Thread