United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:11 AM
andyroo

Default Re: *official* We're gonna win the league thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
I hope you have all realised that today was a tactical masterstroke by Fergie.

No way Arsenal are winning all their remaining fixtures so todays match doesn't matter, more important to ensure we lose and Dalglish gets the managers job permanently so they give him a transfer kitty and he spends it on utter shite making sure they wait another 20 years before even challenging for a title.

nft.

Always the bigger picture.

Unread 07-03-2011, 04:16 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
oh dear. spurs would never collapse in the league or focus on europe or just be shit against wolves.

they will probably win and we will fail to score from 100 chances, needing only a win to take the title.

chelsea > arsenal.

arsenal may not even be in the champs league next year.

well, unless spurs focus on europe.

ah, £#%&!... everyone is so shit. everyone.

to be honest, I don't even want to think about the league until sunday night. right now, all I can think about is what stupid £#%&!ing selection we are going to groan at in midweek.
Lets just think about ourselves eh.

Unread 07-03-2011, 05:09 AM
believe

dear god :shakhead:

Unread 07-03-2011, 08:05 AM
MUFC One Love

With the players we have to come back I'm still confident United will win the league. Arsenal bottle it when there isn't much pressure ffs, there's huge pressure on them now.

Unread 07-03-2011, 08:15 AM
wee man

Thumbs up Re: *official* We're gonna win the league thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
With the players we have to come back I'm still confident United will win the league. Arsenal bottle it when there isn't much pressure ffs, there's huge pressure on them now.
Positive start to the week. Good. Agreed.

Unread 07-03-2011, 08:27 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Positive start to the week. Good. Agreed.
The injuries haven't been mentioned in then media etc, as usual with United, yet when Arsenal have 2 players out they're 'fighting against it' with injuries etc. Look at City ffs, a couple of players out and Mancini is going on about being down to the bare bones.

Despite our squad not being great and needing strengthening, look at the players we had out yesterday, pretty much a full midfield and our 2 centre backs. If we can keep everyone fit for the run in now we'll be fine.

It's just a good job City are shite or they could have won this title. Something which is lost on them when they mock United, of course.

Unread 07-03-2011, 08:36 AM
borsuk

we have moments like this every season, remember losing three on the bounce a couple of years ago. think we were the authors of our own misery yesterday though, unfathomable team selection and tactics it was.

Unread 07-03-2011, 08:48 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
we have moments like this every season, remember losing three on the bounce a couple of years ago. think we were the authors of our own misery yesterday though, unfathomable team selection and tactics it was.
I think the last 2 games have been a mixture of everything, we lack something and that will have to be addressed this summer, we've had injuries, and it seems everything has gone against us, it's been open season on United and the ABUs have loved it, but we're through the 'hard' spell everyone was talking about and still top of the league. Look at the goals yesterday, just one of them days not helped with our team selection, although I think Fergie was forced into that team selection, I have read Fletcher was ill all week?

It said on SSN this morning it's the first time we've lost back to back league games in 2 years....yep, we won the league that year.

Unread 07-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Stickman

Quote:
I think the last 2 games have been a mixture of everything, we lack something and that will have to be addressed this summer, we've had injuries, and it seems everything has gone against us, it's been open season on United and the ABUs have loved it, but we're through the 'hard' spell everyone was talking about and still top of the league. Look at the goals yesterday, just one of them days not helped with our team selection, although I think Fergie was forced into that team selection, I have read Fletcher was ill all week?

It said on SSN this morning it's the first time we've lost back to back league games in 2 years....yep, we won the league that year.
It was the vermin fulham collapse. Then we all know what happened the following week when we found ourselves 2 pts behind with 2 games in hand in stoppage time.

Unread 07-03-2011, 09:04 AM
borsuk

Quote:

that pretty much covers it. it's daft to suggest the squad is shite, it's clearly not. it's equally daft to suggest that the midfielders we have are poor, they are clearly not. but it's also daft to suggest we're playing like united teams of old or that those midfielders are playing anywhere near their potential or that we couldn't improve on what we have.

not for the first time at anfield we lacked the attitude to compete. there's too many players who look too comfortable imo, we need to freshen up the squad for next season, get players in who are hungry and play like it matters to them.

Unread 07-03-2011, 09:20 AM
El Chalten

it will be a £#%&!in joke if utd win the league. they are a very average side.

nft.

Unread 07-03-2011, 09:30 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten

nft.
back he comes after a defeat

i hope we do win, if only to piss the likes of you off

Unread 07-03-2011, 09:40 AM
jaffo

Quote:

nft.
Absolutely, in fact I hope we don't win it as it wouldn't be right

Unread 07-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

nft.

Stick to "I'd smash the back out of *Insert female celebritys name" Threads...

#@&%!.

Unread 07-03-2011, 09:55 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:

nft.
#@&%!.

NFT

Unread 07-03-2011, 09:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Every year we have a 'lowest ebb' moment, a point where one or two performances and results leave everyone absolutely convinced we are £#%&!ed and going to bottle the lot. More often than not the only way is up from that point, and yesterday was that point.

In 2008 we lost to City at OT, for instance, that was miles £#%&!ing worse than yesterday. I also remember losing 4-0 at home to the dippers in '09, and then there was the 1-3 and the 1-4 at wastelands in years gone by. We have always been capable of turning in embarrassing performances from time to time, from the manager down.

Unread 07-03-2011, 10:04 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Every year we have a 'lowest ebb' moment, a point where one or two performances and results leave everyone absolutely convinced we are £#%&!ed and going to bottle the lot. More often than not the only way is up from that point, and yesterday was that point.

In 2008 we lost to City at OT, for instance, that was miles £#%&!ing worse than yesterday. I also remember losing 4-0 at home to the dippers in '09, and then there was the 1-3 and the 1-4 at wastelands in years gone by. We have always been capable of turning in embarrassing performances from time to time, from the manager down.
Inspired by watching Prof Cox last night.

Come on everyone sing along

Unread 07-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Mr_Ed

We're not going to win the league... When are you all going to realise this?

Unread 07-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Zorg

Quote:

nft.
Do you practise at being such a #@&%!?

Unread 07-03-2011, 10:57 AM
El Chalten

too easy, far too easy.

there are so many dumb£#%&!s on this forum.

nft.
Closed Thread