United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-02-2011, 06:53 PM
djsst

This will link all his stuff........http://www.irishexaminer.com/search/...d+kurt&x=0&y=0

Unread 24-02-2011, 07:04 PM
carlosartorial

Ta

Unread 24-02-2011, 07:21 PM
elephantstone

Good stuff

Unread 25-02-2011, 06:09 AM
bcred

Yes thank you,appreciated.

Unread 09-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

fandabidosie!

Unread 09-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Grimson

Very good writer and equally a nice guy.

Unread 09-03-2011, 09:50 PM
djsst

latest one

Sound of silence provides no solace
By Richard Kurt
Wednesday, March 09, 2011
PSST. Should I be talking to you? As you may have noticed, Old Trafford is in total locutory lock down.

To much public amusement, not a word has escaped our collective lips since the match – on Fergie’s insistence – and even though I am not a United employee, I feel uncomfortable breaching the Red omerta. Will I awake with a horse’s head in the bed, perhaps from one of the Rock’s less successful and therefore expendable offspring? (Frankly, I’d prefer it if it were Carrick’s head, but he’s unaccountably been allowed to sign a new deal).

Still, what an excellent excuse this is not to discuss the Anfield horror show. So let’s move on. Nothing to see here.

Ah. I see the editor has just pointed out to me – in words of one syllable, some of which aren’t in my dictionary – that he pays me to offer an opinion, not silence. You may say the same should apply to Fergie: part of his formal contractual duty is to communicate with both the media and the fans. He earns something approaching €6m a year to do so. And there have been very few days where our need to hear explanation and reassurance from our leader has been greater than it was on Sunday.

Losing at Anfield is always grim. But losing in the manner that we did was something worse. He should’ve looked it in the eye like the rest of us, not scuttled off into dudgeon to nurse a bottle and a grievance.

So instead of reporting Fergie’s words, the ABU sections of the media weighed in to fill the vacuum, the result of which has been two days when many Reds will have wished they had never opened a paper or switched on the radio. The irony is that I think Fergie, Phelan and co. could have found some good, combative things to say. For example: perhaps the late-morning drinking had got to me but, for the first 20 minutes of the second half, I fully expected us to score.

Berba, Hernandez and Giggs were looking purposeful; three or four good chances were carved out; and every Red knows that when United pull back to 1-2 in a game, you would bet everything in your pocket on us going all the way. Instead, VDS spilled it for the third clownish moment of the day and our humiliation was complete. Moreover, overall, there was no mystery: Rooney, Nani, Scholes and Carrick all had stinkers, three freak defensive errors occurred, and thus we lost to a very inspired and uniformly competent LFC side. These things happen.

It certainly does not necessarily mean the empire is at an end, as some would have you believe.

I say not necessarily, you will note, for reasons that you readers already know. We’ve been here before so many times this past two years with the same complaints: the midfield is a problem that’s not being addressed; spending hasn’t been sufficient; tactical and line-up changes are too frequent and cack-handed to engender Barca-style fluency, and so on. New contracts for Fletcher, Carrick and Anderson are not, in themselves, a good enough answer to the concerns expressed by fans all season long — especially as Carrick’s has barely been welcomed.

Moreover, there is the Rooney Question: I keep being told that Fergie is ready to sell him in June, and that their relationship is "very strained". In summary: whatever silverware we pull off this year, there’s barely a Red alive who doesn’t think that this needs to be a big summer of market activity.

Watching Meireles run rings around us on Sunday, for example, was rather galling given that I was reliably informed he was our back-up midfield target choice after Ozil in August.

I’ve managed to avoid mentioning Nani’s disgrace, which shouldn’t have surprised us, given the number of times he has made us embarrassed to have to be supporting him. Yet he was, of course, unquestionably the player of 2010 at Old Trafford.

Remember when you could once love your best player without equivocation? Since the mid-Noughties, we’ve had Ronaldo, Rooney and Nani holding that supreme position, a trio who’d barely warrant a kiss between them.

Still, such is our desperate mood now that anyone who steps up to bury Arsenal or Marseille could have his wicked way with us. And, unlike Nani, we wouldn’t cry about it...

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/s...#ixzz1G8pm5CqC

Unread 09-03-2011, 09:55 PM
silv

sounds like the same old ABU RI shite to me

Unread 09-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Zorg

I'm sorry but the media can £#%&! off. Why do people want to hear what managers have to say anyway? Will it change the result? I couldn't give a shit to be honest.

They use United as an easy, headline-producing cash cow, and when the cow refuses to comply they don't like it. So they trot out this crap about 'the fans, oh think of the fans', and people fall for their ploy. 'He's letting us down!', they say. Why?

Fergie isn't being childish at all imo, he's simply fed up with the media applying completely different standards to United's players than they to do everyone else's. They lynched Rooney for a medium-strength elbow in a week when one player shot someone and another failed a drugs test. Now another has cut a player's leg to the bone and there's barely a peep out of them. And the moment he speaks to them, they're outraged by mild criticism of an absolutely shocking referee.

£#%&! them all backwards. I hope he blanks them for the next ten years.

Unread 09-03-2011, 10:13 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I'm sorry but the media can £#%&! off. Why do people want to hear what managers have to say anyway? Will it change the result? I couldn't give a shit to be honest.

They use United as an easy, headline-producing cash cow, and when the cow refuses to comply they don't like it. So they trot out this crap about 'the fans, oh think of the fans', and people fall for their ploy. 'He's letting us down!', they say. What for?

Fergie isn't being childish at all imo, he's simply fed up with the media applying completely different standards to United's players than they to do everyone else's. They lynched Rooney for a medium-strength elbow in a week when one player shot someone and another failed a drugs test. Now another has cut a player's leg to the bone and there's barely a peep out of them. And the moment he speaks to them, they're outraged by mild criticism of an absolutely shocking referee.

superb post!

us fans know that he didnt do it out of contempt for us and is hopefully instilling some siege £#%&!ing mentality in those @#%&! that turned out on sunday

Unread 09-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:

They use United as an easy, headline-producing cash cow, and when the cow refuses to comply they don't like it. So they trot out this crap about 'the fans, oh think of the fans', and people fall for their ploy. 'He's letting us down!', they say. Why?

Rage, love it.

Unread 09-03-2011, 10:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

You have rep - of the green variety

The point, also, is that at the end of the day they need us more than we need them.

Unread 09-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Rage, love it.

Unread 09-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Grimson

Quote:

Top post zorgers, but fergie's only just gone and spoken.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...united-arsenal

Unread 09-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Top post zorgers, but fergie's only just gone and spoken.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...united-arsenal
ffs

Unread 10-03-2011, 06:48 AM
djsst

Its ripped from the programme for the Arse game isnt it ?

Unread 10-03-2011, 09:26 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Park's back, Valencia might be back and a 12 month extension for Berbs.

I bet Leg Saf is £#%&!ing fuming

Unread 10-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

Quote:

great post.

Unread 10-03-2011, 10:57 AM
armchair

This is the site he gave the interview to http://www.cbsport.org/

lots of journos have reported it as a small, AMERICAN site. That's how good those sops are.

Unread 10-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:

Well Done Zorg
Closed Thread