United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 12-02-2010, 03:40 PM
fred tissue

Default Audio: Manchester United fan argues with David Gill over debt comments

Manchester United chief executive David Gill is put on the spot by a supporter for backtracking on previous comments on the club's finances

More...

Unread 12-02-2010, 04:16 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred tissue
Manchester United chief executive David Gill is put on the spot by a supporter for backtracking on previous comments on the club's finances

More...

Thats got my £#%&!ing blood boiling.
What a @#%&!.
Good on the lad in question, I don't know how he didn't chin the lanky @#%&!.

Unread 12-02-2010, 05:43 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred tissue

More...
...fair play to the lad. I just wish somebody would ask Gill (on air) the simple question:

How much money is being taken out of Utd each year, both by the Glazer family directly and to service the debt, which would otherwise have been available to the club for transfers or to keep down ticket prices?

I imagine the response would be akin to Peter Barnes at an awards ceremony

Unread 12-02-2010, 07:14 PM
42ndstreet irregular

I really hope that @#%&!s gets shown the door by who takes over. I don't want him to resign when it happens I want the £#%&!er sacked and humiliated. I £#%&!ing hate him.

Unread 12-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Billy Bigbollox

What a supercilious, condescending @#%&!. He sounds like a 5 year old in the playground ffs "That's what you are, what am I" kind of tone to his voice.

Unread 12-02-2010, 07:26 PM
redloner

Under Glazer ownership;-

Tickets up 60%
Gill's pay up 60%

NFT

Unread 12-02-2010, 07:52 PM
magic_cantona

£#%&!ing absolute @#%&!.

Oh it's ok, we've won 3 league titles - £#%&! off you £#%&!ing idiot.

Kudos to the lad that questioned him too.

Unread 13-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Flix

What a £#%&!ing @#%&!!

If the PIKs aren't Manchester United responsibility, does that mean Manchester United won't be paying them off? no does it £#%&!. It doesn't matter whose 'responsibility' they are, they're taking money out of the club to pay them, whichever way he wants to dress it up

Unread 13-02-2010, 01:00 PM
wonky no

i just wish the over exuberant interviewer would have let the @#%&! answer and then let him dig himself into a hole. fair play for having a go though.

where was that interview? was a Q&A forum of some sort?

Unread 19-02-2010, 09:02 AM
stax

...an open letter to David Gill, really good stuff from this bloke. Let's see if DG replies.

Here's the full letter http://andersred.googlegroups.com/we...BGT2hOzg&hl=en

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...an-open-letter

United fan writes open letter to David Gill questioning Glazers

* Rob Smyth
* guardian.co.uk, Thursday 18 February 2010 14.25 GMT
* Article history

Man Utd protests

A group of Manchester United fans hold a banner in protest aimed at chief executive David Gill. Photograph: Nick Potts/PA

David Gill, the Manchester United chief executive, has come under further pressure to fully explain the club's finances after a season-ticket holder sent an open letter containing 10 questions regarding the controversial ownership of the club by the Glazer family.

The letter from "Andersred" aggressively challenges a number of statements made by Gill with regard to the club's financial position. Gill was involved in a stand-up row with two fans at Birmingham University last week.

The questions, part of the green-and-gold campaign designed to force the Glazers to sell the club, evoke the 99 questions about the club's finances and transfer dealings that were asked by John Magnier and JP McM@&%!, then the club's largest shareholders, in 2004.

Ten key questions

The Glazers' ownership of United
1. Can you confirm that the Glazers have not put any money into the club since 2005 (as opposed to spending money to buy it), but have in fact imposed costs totalling £266m, including fees and loans for their own benefit of £22.9m?

2. Isn't it the case that if the Glazers hadn't imposed any of these £266m of costs, the club could have held all ticket and executive facility prices at their 2004‑05 levels (at a cost of £109m) and that the club would still be better off?

3. Isn't it true that tax and dividends "saved" under the Glazers' structure compared to the plc represent less than 50% of the interest, financing costs and fees the Glazers have made the club pay?

The Carrington training ground

4. If there is no possibility of Carrington being sold, why is it purposely carved out of the security for the bonds and why is the option outlined in the prospectus?

5. If Carrington were to be sold, isn't it true that any buyer would require a commercial rent after the 10-year peppercorn rent period ended, so the club would inevitably be financially hurt in the medium term?

The financial position post the bond issue

6. Will Manchester United have to pay the Glazers the £70m identified in the prospectus and do you believe this will be used to repay some of the PIKS?

7. Will Manchester United have to pay the Glazers the other dividends and fees to which they are entitled to under the bond covenants and do you believe they will use any of these payments to repay the PIKS?

8. Why do you think the Glazers haven't used any of their personal wealth to repay the PIKS and are you concerned about the family's financial position given their need to borrow £10m from United last year?

9. Why did the club insist on the new shirt sponsor Aon making such a large upfront payment a year ahead of the deal starting, given such terms will reduce the total value and the club had a very significant cash balance at the time?

10. Given that the rate paid on the new bonds is higher than that paid on the old bank debt, isn't the only "benefit" that arises from the refinancing the right to pay dividends from United to the Glazers' holding companies?