United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-11-2012, 02:52 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Team vs 1966 World Cup Winners

Anderson "picks himself" according to SAF.

Dave

Rafael
Ferdinand
Evans
Evra

Cleverley
Carrick
Anderson

Chicharito
Rooney
Van Persie.

Unread 26-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
No one else would.

Unread 26-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Harri Jaffa

Unread 26-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:

Dave

Rafael
Ferdinand
Evans
Evra

Cleverley
Carrick
Anderson

Chicharito
Rooney
Van Persie.

That's the exact team I'd have so if it's the popular team then it has no chance of actually happening

Unread 26-11-2012, 03:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Tombola madness or penny finally drops.
Not sure which way he'll have gone after Saturday.

De Gea

rafael
Rio
Evans
Evra

Carrick
Cleverley
Anderson

Welbeck
Rooney
RVP

* Pea 'deserves' to start, but he's a far better impact sub ..not that we should need one against West Ham

a more likely side however is:

Lindegard

Rafael
Evans
Smalling
Evra

Carrick
Giggs
Young
Welbeck

Van Persie
Rooney

Unread 26-11-2012, 03:09 PM
borsuk

Quote:
can't even turn the tombola himself these days

Unread 26-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Rhodzy

I got confused by the thread title.

Unread 26-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
So did Harriers by the looks of things. I was a bit confused for a second but having worked with a West ham fan for a few years and hearing his constant 'we won the World Cup' boasts and Bobby moore shirts, the horrificness came back to me with a shudder...

Unread 26-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Linda
Rafael
Ferdinand
Evans
Evra
Young
Anderson (if he flops again he can £#%&! off)
Powell
Valencia
Welbeck
Van Persie

Unread 26-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
likewise

Unread 26-11-2012, 03:31 PM
PaulParkers

I'd pick T4Hers team.

Disagree that Pea is a better impact sub. He stretches the game and makes the pitch big by playing on the shoulder of the opposition back four, giving the other attacking players more room. He's the only player we have willing to make runs in behind. He should start.

Unread 26-11-2012, 03:37 PM
jem

de gea

rafael - smalling - evans - evra

carrick - anderson

valencia - cleverley - rooney

van persie

if valencia isn' fit then welbeck.

Unread 26-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
I'd pick T4Hers team.

Disagree that Pea is a better impact sub. He stretches the game and makes the pitch big by playing on the shoulder of the opposition back four, giving the other attacking players more room. He's the only player we have willing to make runs in behind. He should start.
I think Pea is always better coming on as a sub for that exact reason. Tired legs and minds have more difficulty coping if they've been doing something else for 60 mins...

Unread 26-11-2012, 03:52 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I think Pea is always better coming on as a sub for that exact reason. Tired legs and minds have more difficulty coping if they've been doing something else for 60 mins...
Yeah, usually simply nodding aimless crosses out of their box under little to no pressure.

If Pea plays from the start he can stretch them from the start. Perhaps then we wont have to go 2-0 down before we show any attacking impetus.

Unread 26-11-2012, 03:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
whilst it is true that cheech faces tired legs, his real late value is that he comes on when the rest of the team is geared to all-out attack and players making penetrating runs in the midfield which pull the defence out of position. he's too easy to mark when we play tentative, pedestrian, knock it to the wings, hold and only cross if you really have to. he's not ideal for collecting with his back to goal or running wide and carrying the ball (unlike rooney, van p or wellers). if we go for it from kick off, he can start.

Unread 26-11-2012, 03:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
whilst it is true that cheech faces tired legs, his real late value is that he comes on when the rest of the team is geared to all-out attack and players making penetrating runs in the midfield which pull the defence out of position. he's too easy to mark when we play tentative, pedestrian, knock it to the wings, hold and only cross if you really have to. he's not ideal for collecting with his back to goal or running wide and carrying the ball (unlike rooney, van p or wellers). if we go for it from kick off, he can start.
Indeed, probably the most important goal he ever scored for us was within a few seconds of kick-off. He played well that day, because we played a game that suited him. It can be done.

Unread 26-11-2012, 04:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Tombola madness or penny finally drops.
It did for a while after the Spurs game, so here's hoping

Unread 26-11-2012, 04:17 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Linda
Rafael
Ferdinand
Evans
Evra
Young
Anderson (if he flops again he can £#%&! off)
Powell
Valencia
Welbeck
Van Persie
young in but no rooney. ok.

Unread 26-11-2012, 04:28 PM
The Return of JC

Picking Young :shakehead:

Anderson must start. It doesn't have to mean that he's ready or going to go the distance or has a future or any of that shit, but right now, in this moment (well, in the next game) he is playing better than any other midfielder, so he should start until he stops playing well or bursts.

Unread 26-11-2012, 04:28 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Picking Young :shakehead:

Anderson must start. It doesn't have to mean that he's ready or going to go the distance or has a future or any of that shit, but right now, in this moment (well, in the next game) he is playing better than any other midfielder, so he should start until he stops playing well or bursts.
about 25 minutes
Closed Thread