United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:07 PM
El Calafate

Default FFS! We've got the best young attacking players

in the world, so just £#%&!ing play them.

Rooney (when fit!), Ronaldo, Tevez, Anderson and Nani.

oh no! that would just be plain stupid!

Keep them in the stands! Let Fletcher and Co. show them how it's done.

nft.

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:10 PM
violater

no no no.
our experianced pros are peter pans of the modern day.

they will never age and their ability will never wane.

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Whalefish

I'm sure Fergie would if fit which Anderson isn't. You don't rush someone back who is well short of match fitness after a broken leg, Hargreaves is another.

As for Tevez, erm he only officially joined last Friday and has only been training with Utd for just over a week. He'll start tonight though but will probably be ineffective due to this lack of match fitness.

Sports fitness isn't as starightforward as we like to think. Oh he's not on an injury list, play him....

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:13 PM
El Calafate

everytime utd play fletcher and Silvestre, they should discount the fans £15, or have a free bar, or both. nft.

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:14 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm sure Fergie would if fit which Anderson isn't. You don't rush someone back who is well short of match fitness after a broken leg, Hargreaves is another.

As for Tevez, erm he only officially joined last Friday and has only been training with Utd for just over a week. He'll start tonight though but will probably be ineffective due to this lack of match fitness.

Sports fitness isn't as starightforward as we like to think. Oh he's not on an injury list, play him....
He will score.

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:14 PM
El Calafate

Quote:

any of those players could be 5% fit and do a better job. nft.

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
He will score.
If he scores and Utd win I'll get the misses to shove a large cucumber up my arse.

We're going to get tonked.

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
If he scores and Utd win I'll get the misses to shove a large cucumber up my arse.

What's going up if he scores 2? A marrow maybe.

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:17 PM
koppas

Quote:
You best post a link.

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
What's going up if he scores 2? A marrow maybe.
If he scores 2 and Utd win I'll let the misses use a large hammer.

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:23 PM
koppas

Quote:
If he scores 2 and Utd win I'll let the misses use a large hammer.
She does that for me anyway so nothing special there I'm afraid.

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Smeggs

hargreaves, nani and tevez all to start tonight please.

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
Same here.

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
I hope so.

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:57 PM
violater

id even start a half fit anderson.

he can more than handle his own.

Unread 15-08-2007, 12:58 PM
antonin jablonsky

MEN reporting Tevez, Hargreaves, Nani and Andewrson possibly all involved tonight. No quotes.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....veil_gems.html

Unread 15-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
id even start a half fit anderson.

he can more than handle his own.
answer honestly now. how many times have you actually watched him play and I do not mean highlight reels off youtube, a clip on eurosport or the like. I mean sat down and watched a football match with him involved?

Unread 15-08-2007, 01:03 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
answer honestly now. how many times have you actually watched him play and I do not mean highlight reels off youtube, a clip on eurosport or the like. I mean sat down and watched a football match with him involved?

about the same ive seen of hargreaves

Unread 15-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
So how do you know he can more than handle his own? dont get me wrong im not having a go (this time) but i dont think that 4 games is exactly comprehensive evidence that he can hold his own in our league without being match fit. Let alone replace Paul Scholes who you've been hammering since Sunday.

Unread 15-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Sparky***

They're not fit and ready yet. God, anyone would think we've had 6 weeks to prepare for the season to start, eh?

Closed Thread