United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Switching Off

Default Contract for Bale sale to Madrid leaked

https://footballleaks2015.wordpress....d-gareth-bale/

Nothing to get excited about, except that Real decided to pay in instalments, which meant he cost more than Ronaldo, who isn't happy to lose his status as most expensive player ever (in euros)

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:23 PM
PeakyBlinder

Where are all of these leaks coming from ?

What I find most fascinating about these contract is that it proves teams really do pay these huge transfer fees. I used to think, when I was younger, than it was all %@#$&!s and they didn't actually pay millions in pounds for players. Turns out they do after all.

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder

What I find most fascinating about these contract is that it proves teams really do pay these huge transfer fees. I used to think, when I was younger, than it was all %@#$&!s and they didn't actually pay millions in pounds for players. Turns out they do after all.

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:37 PM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Seriously. I guess I thought it was more of an advanced Monopoly money.

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:39 PM
20 times

Quote:

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:40 PM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
https://footballleaks2015.wordpress....d-gareth-bale/

Nothing to get excited about, except that Real decided to pay in instalments, which meant he cost more than Ronaldo, who isn't happy to lose his status as most expensive player ever (in euros)
We knew that anyway?

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

But they don't really, it's not hard cash, it's just digital numbers slushing round the financial ether...

No one person is buzzing off selling a footballer, booking a trip to Dubai, paying off some credit cards and promising the Mrs a 'great xmas this year' you were right as a kid....

It's not real.

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:50 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
But they don't really, it's not hard cash, it's just digital numbers slushing round the financial ether...

No one person is buzzing off selling a footballer, booking a trip to Dubai, paying off some credit cards and promising the Mrs a 'great xmas this year' you were right as a kid....

It's not real.
Money isn't real. Keep thinking about it and it's mental

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:51 PM
dragflick

Quote:

It's not real.
It's not real 'cause it's not paid in hard cash?

When I pay my rent/bills- not real hard money is it. Just numbers on a screen.....

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:53 PM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:

It's not real.

yhgr

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
It's not real 'cause it's not paid in hard cash?

When I pay my rent/bills- not real hard money is it. Just numbers on a screen.....
You need to open your mind a little.....

It's not cash as we know it..

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:54 PM
dragflick

Quote:
You need to open your mind a little.....

It's not cash as we know it..
alright lawless...

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
We knew that anyway?
The exchange rates effected it.

In sterling terms, Bale cost more than Ronaldo, but based on the exchange rate at the time, Ronaldo's deal was worth more than Bale's in euros.

Mind blown etc.

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:55 PM
My Name is Keith

Struggling with this 'money isn't real' concept. Pretty sure 'it is'.

Unread 21-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
alright lawless...

Quote:
Top10 transfers

1Neymar 105m€ (And more)
2Bale 101
3CR7 94
4Suarez 82
5James 80
6DiMaria 75
7Zidane 74.5
8De Bruyne 74.5
9Figo 70
10Sterling 68

Unread 21-01-2016, 02:08 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Struggling with this 'money isn't real' concept. Pretty sure 'it is'.
Only if we accept it is.

Unread 21-01-2016, 02:13 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Only if we accept it is.
Oh right, you're asking us to ignore reality. Nice one, sorry I mean, far out.

Unread 21-01-2016, 02:13 PM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Oh right, you're asking us to ignore reality. Nice one, sorry I mean, far out.

Unread 21-01-2016, 02:18 PM
Whip Hubley

s2c MNIK'ers and draggers swallowing a concept like money so readily.

Unread 21-01-2016, 02:19 PM
DuanePipe

Some interesting stuff in there.

1. Tottenham gets to match any bid Real accept from a Premier League club for Bale after 2019. At this point, if higher bids come in, Real still have to sell to Spurs at the initially accepted price.

2. If Spurs choose not to match any bids and Bale is transferred back to the Premier League, they have to pay Spurs £10m.

3. Real have to undertake that the player does not chat shit about Spurs or its Chairman.

4. Real had to write off all monies owed to them from the previous transfer of Rafael van der Vaart to Spurs.

Looks like Real really, really wanted Bale based on how one sided that contract is. Surprised Levy didn't ask for a sunbed for his sister and a new house for his parents. It's another world but the contract is surprisingly simple.
Closed Thread