United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > MUFC Tickets and Travel
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2013, 07:33 PM
DAZZO

Default Train ticket from Manchester Oxford Road to United Station

How much does it cost for a ticket from oxford road to the ground by train?

Unread 17-02-2013, 07:36 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

can only be a couple of quid

but usually free

Unread 17-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Sparky***

i remember back in my naive youth in the late 90s i came up to old trafford by train (back in the days before i could drive) me and a mate got out at manchester piccadilly and as it was such a wonderful spring day in April we decided to walk to old trafford.

never again. 4 @#%&!ing miles trudging in 80 degree heat, wearing jeans and a jumper. by the time i got to the ground i was fit to pass out.

Unread 17-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Switching Off

Get on the tram for free

Unread 17-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i remember back in my naive youth in the late 90s i came up to old trafford by train (back in the days before i could drive) me and a mate got out at manchester piccadilly and as it was such a wonderful spring day in April we decided to walk to old trafford.

never again. 4 @#%&!ing miles trudging in 80 degree heat, wearing jeans and a jumper. by the time i got to the ground i was fit to pass out.
OOT @#%&! :shakehead:

Unread 17-02-2013, 07:45 PM
DAZZO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Get on the tram for free
From Manchester oxford road is that? never been by train so don't know best way to get there for as cheap as possible!

Unread 17-02-2013, 07:47 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZO
From Manchester oxford road is that? never been by train so don't know best way to get there for as cheap as possible!
support your local team then

Unread 17-02-2013, 07:48 PM
DAZZO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
I live in North Wales my family are from Manchester originally, i have never been via train

Unread 17-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
do you support bury then?

Unread 17-02-2013, 07:49 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
I live in North Wales my family are from Manchester originally, i have never been via train

Unread 17-02-2013, 07:50 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
do you support bury then?
you don't change when you move do you?
plus i don't mean everyone should just homers like dazzo

Unread 17-02-2013, 07:57 PM
DAZZO

going back to original point how is free sometimes? is it just cause there that many people it too difficult to charge or not?

Unread 17-02-2013, 08:00 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
going back to original point how is free sometimes? is it just cause there that many people it too difficult to charge or not?
just get on a train and avoid the inspector, worst thing that happens is you get thrown off at the next station
but yeah get the tram which will be packed so tickets aren't needed

Unread 17-02-2013, 08:03 PM
TheNew

Quote:
just get on a train and avoid the inspector, worst thing that happens is you get thrown off at the next station
but yeah get the tram which will be packed so tickets aren't needed
Except if he's getting on at Oxford Road he won't be able to do that, because they have ticket barriers. Just saying.

Unread 17-02-2013, 08:07 PM
The Mull

Get the Tram. The train is a pain in the arse, speshly trying to get back after. No extra trains on and 30 thousand stood about freezing their nuts off

Unread 17-02-2013, 08:12 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Except if he's getting on at Oxford Road he won't be able to do that, because they have ticket barriers. Just saying.
my post should have said tram tbf

Unread 17-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Does the tram go to Oxford Road? Would Dazzoers not need to walk down to St Peter's Square?

Unread 17-02-2013, 08:19 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Does the tram go to Oxford Road? Would Dazzoers not need to walk down to St Peter's Square?
yup, or Picc Station

edit: and get off at Exchange Quay

Unread 17-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Throw

Big Dazz being pulled all over the shop here. Feel for him. Mans just trying to get to the match as cheap as possible.

Unread 17-02-2013, 08:40 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

laying out probably more than two days wage on tickets and travel to the match and worried about a £2 train fare in manchester
Closed Thread