United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Stickman

Default Re: Rafael in Brazil squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
and neither do I think rafael is as bad defensively as people make out. In fact I think neville is nowadays more of a liability in defence than rafael. All you have to do is knock it 10 yards in front and out pace neville (which doesn't take much doing).

Rafael has handled the likes of robinho, ronaldinho etc pretty well when played against them
Its a case of never kid a kidder. He knows how they think

Unread 27-07-2010, 08:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

I think he does have issues with his positional sense at the moment, whether this is entirely down to "lack of concentration" I dunno, could be just inexperience. Took Gary Pallister until his mid-20s with Bruce stood next to him to get that right. I do think he's gonna be a fantastic player despite utterly slagging him off by pointing out a waekness I percieve in his game. Good luck to him on his cal up too.

Unread 27-07-2010, 08:42 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Rafael is a fabulous player, walked straight into uniteds first team at 18/19 and rarely looked out of place.
If he was from Salford he would already be a united legend, i'd have him at rb over neville and brown any day of the week

Unread 27-07-2010, 08:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Rafael is a fabulous player, walked straight into uniteds first team at 18/19 and rarely looked out of place.
If he was from Salford he would already be a united legend, i'd have him at rb over neville and brown any day of the week
If he was from Collyhurst he'd be a demon.

Unread 27-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think he does have issues with his positional sense at the moment, whether this is entirely down to "lack of concentration" I dunno, could be just inexperience. Took Gary Pallister until his mid-20s with Bruce stood next to him to get that right. I do think he's gonna be a fantastic player despite utterly slagging him off by pointing out a waekness I percieve in his game. Good luck to him on his cal up too.
Totally exaggerated imo. I remember his first few games being shit, and Tommy Doc saying he was 'never a United player', but after that he was superb.

Unread 27-07-2010, 09:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Totally exaggerated imo. I remember his first few games being shit, and Tommy Doc saying he was 'never a United player', but after that he was superb.
I thought he had issues positionally for a good coupla years tbh but if you disagree that's fine.
Closed Thread