Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2010, 01:08 PM
JakeB

Default Re: Rio to miss first month of the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
its not just been one bad year.....

hes 32 in november, what is the more likely senario, he'll stay injury free for the next 3 seasons or do you think hes more likely to miss many more crucial months/matches through recurring injuries ?

you need a steady, solid, regular partnership at the heart of the defence.
What's the point in selling him?

He's a leader in the dressing room, perhaps the leader, it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that he will recover and have a good season, and even if we did sell him we'd get a shit fee and just lose experience and potentially the best defender in the country and club captain if he regains fitness (which he can).

Unread 25-07-2010, 01:12 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
What's the point in selling him?

He's a leader in the dressing room, perhaps the leader, it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that he will recover and have a good season, and even if we did sell him we'd get a shit fee and just lose experience and potentially the best defender in the country and club captain if he regains fitness (which he can).
i thought Neville was club captain ?

Unread 25-07-2010, 01:13 PM
JakeB

Quote:
i thought Neville was club captain ?
Potentially best defender AND club captain.

Suggesting that if he regains full fitness and form he may well be around longer than Giggs and Neville, and take over

And he does seem to get the armband more often than not when he does play tbh

Unread 25-07-2010, 01:26 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Potentially best defender AND club captain.

Suggesting that if he regains full fitness and form he may well be around longer than Giggs and Neville, and take over

And he does seem to get the armband more often than not when he does play tbh
his abilities and leadership qualities have never been in doubt....my worry is his fitness....his long term fitness.....and with the benefit of hindsight, the future doesnt look good....i hope im proved wrong, i really do.

Unread 25-07-2010, 01:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Rio has said himself on his twitter that it would be six weeks.

http://twitter.com/rioferdy5
As I said, let's see.

He is hardly going to contradict Fergie, is he - but the boss has been known in the past to overstate the injury gloom

Unread 25-07-2010, 01:35 PM
JakeB

Quote:
his abilities and leadership qualities have never been in doubt....my worry is his fitness....his long term fitness.....and with the benefit of hindsight, the future doesnt look good....i hope im proved wrong, i really do.
I hope so too, and I'm also worried about his fitness, I'm sure every fan is.

I just couldn't believe the calls to sell him

Unread 25-07-2010, 01:42 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
I hope so too, and I'm also worried about his fitness, I'm sure every fan is.

I just couldn't believe the calls to sell him
knee jerk reaction to a degree.....but it would get a huge wage bill off the books and stop us having false hope that he'll be as good as new again

paving the way for a new solid defensive partnership to develop.
Closed Thread