United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2010, 12:22 AM
JakeB

Default Rio to miss first month of the season

Out for an additional 6 weeks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...led-weeks.html

Rio Ferdinand will miss the first month of the season after Manchester United last night ruled the defender out for another six weeks.

It was hoped the England captain might have recovered from the knee ligament injury he suffered in training for the World Cup in time to make the start of the new Premier League season.

But speaking ahead of the third game of United’s tour of North America against Kansas City Wizards in the early hours of tomorrow morning, Sir Alex Ferguson revealed Ferdinand still faces a lengthy lay-off.

Unread 25-07-2010, 12:28 AM
denis lawless

Default Re: Rio to miss first month of the season

time to ship him out.....

great player that he was, hes old and his injuries arent going to get any less...

if he'd been available for a full season last season, we'd still be champions.

thanks for all the fish...but goodbye

Unread 25-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Liu Jian

Who's gonna pay big money for 31 year-old Rio, and pick up his £120,000 a week wages? Even City aren't that stupid.

Unread 25-07-2010, 01:16 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Who's gonna pay big money for 31 year-old Rio, and pick up his £120,000 a week wages? Even City aren't that stupid.
only one i can think of is 'arry "cor fackin' blimey i know rio 'ee's a good lad" redknapp. gave him his start at wham and rumours seem to surface every once in a while suggesting a reunion. plus i bet there's a few chumps on silly money down at spuds. yhihf

Unread 25-07-2010, 01:19 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
only one i can think of is 'arry "cor fackin' blimey i know rio 'ee's a good lad" redknapp. gave him his start at wham and rumours seem to surface every once in a while suggesting a reunion. plus i bet there's a few chumps on silly money down at spuds. yhihf
as long as he doesnt offer us someone in a swap deal...we've had enough shite from them down the years

Unread 25-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Stickman

sell.

nft

Unread 25-07-2010, 01:36 AM
Spiffy

We always have a shite start to the season. If we're not careful we could be out of the title race early on. Hopefully we can hit the ground running and we get the Wayne Rooney we sent to the World Cup and not the one that came back. Rio is a big £#%&!ing miss, I know a lot rate Evans highly but in the head to heads with Chelsea in the league and the big European games, I always feel a lot more secure with Rio in defence.

Unread 25-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
We always have a shite start to the season. If we're not careful we could be out of the title race early on. Hopefully we can hit the ground running and we get the Wayne Rooney we sent to the World Cup and not the one that came back. Rio is a big £#%&!ing miss, I know a lot rate Evans highly but in the head to heads with Chelsea in the league and the big European games, I always feel a lot more secure with Rio in defence.
hes not going to be here forever, if we cant get him playing regular it would be counter productive to the squad to try preparing him for the big matches would it not? Evans is going to have to take up that mantle one day.

Unread 25-07-2010, 08:30 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
as long as he doesnt offer us someone in a swap deal...we've had enough shite from them down the years

Unread 25-07-2010, 09:18 AM
antonin jablonsky

We'll befine with Vidic and Evans.

Unread 25-07-2010, 09:27 AM
borsuk

vidic and evans is a good pairing as long as evans stays fit. smalling looks decent and wes is a more than decent alternative, don't see a problem for the start of the season. we'll need rio later though.

just hope evans is over his injury problems. that lad can be a fixture for a decade if so.

Unread 25-07-2010, 09:41 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
We'll befine with Vidic and Evans.
7 in midfield?

Unread 25-07-2010, 09:42 AM
magic_cantona

ffs Rio and The Couger MWTA

Unread 25-07-2010, 10:26 AM
The Return of JC

yes. Let's sell our best defender because he's missing for a month

Unread 25-07-2010, 10:39 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Hilarious isn't it

Unread 25-07-2010, 10:47 AM
red in cumbria

It's the Daily Mail, FFS. They hate us even more than most of the ABU rags

Let's wait and see how long Rio is actually out for, eh??

Unread 25-07-2010, 12:38 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Alan Brazil ?

Garth Crooks ?

Berbasnooze ?

Carrick hasnt set the world on fire of late either......

Quote:
er ? he only played for about a month last season ffs ....was missing for large periods the season before and was "walking wounded" at the business end of the two seasons prior to that....and hes already out for 6 weeks at the start of this season.

great player....but hes £#%&!ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Hilarious isn't it
not funny, just the reality of the situation.....we need him and at his peak he was a class act..... but hes not available more often than not and with his age, things arent likely to get any better...bad back, bad groin, bad knee.....how can that be good for the future ?

Unread 25-07-2010, 12:52 PM
The Return of JC

you don't have to tell me when he was injured, i was watching too. He's had problems, yeah, but he's still vital to us. So anyone should be sold who has a bad year of injuries. Maybe Chelsea should sell Essien and Terry, and Spurs should sell King? Arsenal should probably ditch Van Persie too. I think Hargreaves has scarred some on here.

Unread 25-07-2010, 01:03 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
you don't have to tell me when he was injured, i was watching too. He's had problems, yeah, but he's still vital to us. So anyone should be sold who has a bad year of injuries. Maybe Chelsea should sell Essien and Terry, and Spurs should sell King? Arsenal should probably ditch Van Persie too. I think Hargreaves has scarred some on here.
its not just been one bad year.....

hes 32 in november, what is the more likely senario, he'll stay injury free for the next 3 seasons or do you think hes more likely to miss many more crucial months/matches through recurring injuries ?

you need a steady, solid, regular partnership at the heart of the defence.

Unread 25-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It's the Daily Mail, FFS. They hate us even more than most of the ABU rags

Let's wait and see how long Rio is actually out for, eh??
Rio has said himself on his twitter that it would be six weeks.

http://twitter.com/rioferdy5
Closed Thread