Closed Thread

Unread 22-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Redhod99

Default Vidic - New Contract

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...nited-contract

Unread 22-07-2010, 11:13 PM
RedMenace

Default Re: Vidic - New Contract

It'd be interesting to see what happens if they do make this offer. The cynic and doomlord in me would suggest that they'd do it when they know he wants to go anyway but the small optimistic part of me is thinking that we may keep hold of him. £90k is a fair wage for him in relative terms.

Unread 22-07-2010, 11:28 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
The cynic and doomlord in me would suggest that they'd do it when they know he wants to go anyway
It worked wonders in getting Tevez off the pay roll, so why not try it again this summer

Vidic is a world class centre back at his peak. We'd be £#%&!ing mental to let him go. He deserves to be amongst the highest earners at United, fantastic player.

Unread 22-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
It worked wonders in getting Tevez off the pay roll, so why not try it again this summer

Vidic is a world class centre back at his peak. We'd be £#%&!ing mental to let him go. He deserves to be amongst the highest earners at United, fantastic player.
Agree. If he has to go to Spain, try and do a deal with Barca to get Pique back. He won't come though.

We could always insist we use his £30M value against resigning Ronaldo for £50M + Vidic. But we haven't got £50M.

On reflection, we're £#%&!ed. A few injuries to keep players and it's squeaky bum time for United.

Unread 22-07-2010, 11:48 PM
RedMenace

I do agree that it could well be a tactic as I've said above but to actually be fair to the club for once they've almost never renewed contracts until the player has only two years left and we all know there'll be no great rush to increase expenditure until they have to. If they left it until his contract ran out or nearly out then it would definitely be a stunt but as it is I wouldn't go to town on them. If the offer actually is made.

Unread 22-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
I do agree that it could well be a tactic as I've said above but to actually be fair to the club for once they've almost never renewed contracts until the player has only two years left and we all know there'll be no great rush to increase expenditure until they have to. If they left it until his contract ran out or nearly out then it would definitely be a stunt but as it is I wouldn't go to town on them. If the offer actually is made.
If United offer him the going rate, fair enough but if Real get him for normal money then it's unforgivable. If United deliberately offer less than they know he's been offered then it's nothing more than a publicity stunt.

Unread 22-07-2010, 11:54 PM
The Watcher

Unhappy Re: Vidic - New Contract

Quote:
If they left it until his contract ran out or nearly out
They'd never do that, as there's plenty of cash to be made from selling him. Bought for £7 million sold for over £30 million. My suspicion is he'll be gone soon, the stories from 'sources' about him being a disruptive influence are already appearing in the press.

Unread 22-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Mr Kaboom

Another slice of Glazer bullshit pie swallowed whole by the gullible media.

Unread 23-07-2010, 12:00 AM
RedMenace

Agree Sniffer but to be fair the tax rate will mean Madrid et al have an advantage straight away. £90-100k is about the right offer I reckon. Ferdinand is possibly on more but he signed his deal when he was at the peak of his powers. Rooney, Vidic and Evra deserve to be our highest earners.

Unread 23-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Sparky***

Yeah we're best rid of that vidic. Rio's at peak physical fitness, never injured and wes brown is the calm, cool influence he's always been.

Smalling and evans as our first choice central defensive partnership for 60% of the season.

Unread 23-07-2010, 12:19 AM
RedMenace

Hmm relatively encouraging quotes from his official agent.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...275213,00.html

Unread 23-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Tumescent Throb

stories about Vidic have been going for at least a year - posted on here last summer that he was as good as gone, so this rampant paranoia about these stories being planted by the club this summer is funny as £#%&!

as for vidic being worth 90k a week? £#%&! off, that kind of money is obscene and the sooner football fans speak out about this £#%&!ing %@#$&!s the sooner football will start to come back to the fans whose loyalty all these so called premier league teams were built on in the first place and whose loyalty sky tv has been able to bleed dry to the tune of a millionsquillion squid since 1992

yeah yeah it's the going rate etc. well £#%&! it, that going rate is why it costs so much to go and watch 22 @#%&!s kicking a balloon around and falling over for 90 minutes.

that said, be a pity if he does go, especially with Neville and even Ferdinand looking £#%&!ed, and with us having only O'Shea and a novice as cover for the increasingly demented world class left-back of ours.

Unread 23-07-2010, 07:33 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
stories about Vidic have been going for at least a year - posted on here last summer that he was as good as gone, so this rampant paranoia about these stories being planted by the club this summer is funny as £#%&!

as for vidic being worth 90k a week? £#%&! off, that kind of money is obscene and the sooner football fans speak out about this £#%&!ing %@#$&!s the sooner football will start to come back to the fans whose loyalty all these so called premier league teams were built on in the first place and whose loyalty sky tv has been able to bleed dry to the tune of a millionsquillion squid since 1992

yeah yeah it's the going rate etc. well £#%&! it, that going rate is why it costs so much to go and watch 22 @#%&!s kicking a balloon around and falling over for 90 minutes.

that said, be a pity if he does go, especially with Neville and even Ferdinand looking £#%&!ed, and with us having only O'Shea and a novice as cover for the increasingly demented world class left-back of ours.
And here he is, not only does he he think United are fine with a great squad, and now he's pretty much saying '£#%&! it, he's not worth 90k a week anyway' I'm sure throb works for the Glazers.

Unread 23-07-2010, 07:54 AM
waynes ear's

throb is a £#%&!ing ignorant @#%&!. hence why whatever he says is not worth £#%&! all. @#%&!

Unread 23-07-2010, 07:58 AM
safingtons

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...postcount=4320

As I suspected then.

Rooney and Vidic sorted.

2 top young prospects in Chicharito and Smalling. If we get a midfielder, for all the doom this has been a brilliant summer. Got rid of deadwood for top money, kept our 2 best players and hopefully signed that much needed Scholesy replacement.

Fergie you @#%&! etc.

Unread 23-07-2010, 08:15 AM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
for once joel has hit the nail on the head

how the fans can moan about wages and the state of football, when they're the ones keeping the whole thing going is beyond me

power to the people

Unread 23-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Switching Off

He'd only be taking home £45k a week. Think of the children!

Unread 23-07-2010, 08:30 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Think of the children!
no thanks Gadd

Unread 23-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
no thanks Gadd