United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-06-2010, 10:14 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Well that's fine Denis but can we save the fees we pay them too please? Plus the expenses accounts and hotels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I would have thought you of all people denis would get irate about taxpayers money being given to useless £#%&!ers like Shearer saying 'we don't know anything about these teams'
the "old" denis would have been livid with a face like this >>

but i cant see riots outside shepherds bush....so......

the "new" denis is trying to be a bit more chilled .....

im keeeping my power dry for something important to get angry about :guns:

Unread 16-06-2010, 10:18 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
You'd think the first two at least would know what they're on about but I dont think they've said anything my goldfish wouldnt have known. And I dont even have a goldfish so MOTWYW.

And I'm dubious about Viera's nous and disagree about Adebayor although tbf I've not understood a word he's said so far.
They seem to be dumbing down a bit, but Seedorf and Davids have made good contributions, as has Vieira, although you have to strain or turn the TV up to hear what he's saying. Adebayor has been alright too, he just doesn't explain himself very well.

And Adebayor is certainly no more indecipherable than Hansen or Shearer, or £#%&!ing Desailly, who is £#%&!ing car-crash TV.

Unread 16-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Mr_Ed

Let's all just count our blessings that a certain J Redknapp was lined up by the beebles to be a pundit before Sky outbid them and he went there instead...

Unread 16-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Alex de Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Might i recommend to you all the football weekly podcasts from the guardian and whilst the world cup is on the football daily podcasts. Hosted by the fantastic James Richardson of Gazzetta fame and actually with journalists talking properly about football and giving facts and figures you didn't know.
Great programme, I like it when the Scottish chap is on (Kevin someone). He has a nice soothing voice like Arnold Brown. James Richardson is the funniest on there by miles (imo).

Unread 16-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Let's all just count our blessings that a certain J Redknapp was lined up by the beebles to be a pundit before Sky outbid them and he went there instead...
Lichrilly thank £#%&! for that.

Unread 16-06-2010, 11:16 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's like how I keep hearing Townsend and other saying how well England played against the USA. No they didn't, they were shite. England can't string more than 3 passes together in midfield to start a move, and as shown against the USA, just want to launch the ball forward as quick as possible. Technically the England side is terrible imo, and Beckenbaur's comments were 100% spot on.
Absolutely, TalkSport are trotting out all the excuses & pointing out that no Team has set the world alight up to now (which is true) , however it's the WAY England play that makes their performance even more embarrassing, not that they didn't play well.
The FA are spending £9mill a year on a 'sophisticated Italian Coach' (who can't speak English ffs!) & all he does is play percentage Football!...Launch it up to Heskey or hit it long into the channels. That's your lot.
Feel sorry for the likes of Rooney, Lennon, Johnson & Gerrard who seemed to actually want to play Football the other night.

As for the TV coverage, I agree it's been very poor. The BBC pundits are in their comfort zone, an old pals act who are more interested in a round of Golf than doing any 'homework' ahead of the games. They've invited along a few token 'non-English' pundits to show how cosmopolitan they are.
ITV is worse, Chiles & Keegan are £#%&!ing awful.

SKY do it so much better. I'd much rather have the 'Redknapp, Gray, Gullit, Souness axis of Banter' - at least they'd discuss the Football with a bit of passion ffs.

Unread 16-06-2010, 11:25 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
SKY do it so much better. I'd much rather have the 'Redknapp, Gray, Gullit, Souness axis of Banter' - at least they'd discuss the Football with a bit of passion ffs.
No. Maybe being slightly harsh on Gullit but the other two are just terrible. Souness is decent.
And when you take into account the Sky second raters (merson, Le Tiss etc) then you're really scraping the turd off your shoes.

Unread 16-06-2010, 11:29 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
No. Maybe being slightly harsh on Gullit but the other two are just terrible. Souness is decent.
They are, but at least they're enthusiastic!
Actually I don't think Andy Gray's terrible tbf, he's become a bit of a parody of himself in a lot of ways, but he's good at what he does (despite his blatant anti-United bullshit)

Souness is quality. I really shouldn't like the guy considering, but I think he comes across really well.

Unread 16-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

RTE is great. They get bitter old £#%&!wits on to find something nasty to say about someone, stir some shit and generally talk about football like it has collapsed in standard since the days of £#%&!ing John Giles and Eamon Dunphy.
£#%&!ing hell.

Unread 16-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Pop

Pretty stimulating stuff tbh

Unread 16-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Baron

Chris Coleman & Tyldesley last night took the £#%&!ing piss for monumental ignorance & @#%&!ishness after Maicon's superb near post hit. I turned off the moment Chile's appears. I'm just not dealing with the mincing pissbag, it's like someone gave James Corden a GCSE & bumped up the schedule. £#%&!ing @#%&!!

Unread 16-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I turned off the moment Chile's appears. I'm just not dealing with the mincing pissbag, it's like someone gave James Corden a GCSE & bumped up the schedule. £#%&!ing @#%&!!
Their goal was a bit lucky but that's a bit harsh.

Unread 16-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
They are, but at least they're enthusiastic!
Actually I don't think Andy Gray's terrible tbf, he's become a bit of a parody of himself in a lot of ways, but he's good at what he does (despite his blatant anti-United bullshit)

Souness is quality. I really shouldn't like the guy considering, but I think he comes across really well.
Agreed, at least he understands tactics and can relay it on tv, unlike the idiots on the beeb and ITV.

Tiberian should be a pundit, and made SSide Red. Miles ahead of these clowns.

Unread 16-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Agreed, at least he understands tactics and can relay it on tv, unlike the idiots on the beeb and ITV.

Tiberian should be a pundit, and made SSide Red. Miles ahead of these clowns.
I think they should have borsuk and Appletango.

Unread 16-06-2010, 12:34 PM
borsuk

so many things you could say about that first half, just as an example, about how chile pressure the ball, where they do it, how their defence is set up, where their runners go when they break, how many midfielders sit, how many break, where they might be vulnerable etc. instead we get bland crap about working hard, covering a lot of ground, throwing players forward etc. the mind boggles, aren't these clowns embarrassed to come out with such idiocy?

Unread 16-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Would Apples have access to Fred in the studio though? I don't think it's fair to him to not be able to find posts from 3 years ago in an argument.

Unread 16-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
so many things you could say about that first half, just as an example, about how chile pressure the ball, where they do it, how their defence is set up, where their runners go when they break, how many midfielders sit, how many break, where they might be vulnerable etc. instead we get bland crap about working hard, covering a lot of ground, throwing players forward etc. the mind boggles, aren't these clowns embarrassed to come out with such idiocy?
Love Chile Hate Chiles

Unread 16-06-2010, 12:40 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
and a link to the match day thread

Unread 16-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Such is Keane's disdain for the 'experts' in front of the cameras and behind microphones that he admitted he had resorted to turning off the sound on his television.

I was asked by ITV to do the Celtic versus Manchester United game but I've done it once for Sky and never again," Keane said. "I'd rather go to the dentist.

"You're sitting there with people like Richard Keys and they're trying to sell something that's not there.

"Anytime I watch a game on television, I have to turn the commentators off. They say 'he's playing well' and I'm thinking 'no, he's not'. My advice to anyone is don't listen to the experts, Just watch the game and gather your own opinions."

Keane, who insisted he would only consider a job in TV "if I fall on hard times", said: "There was a debate about Wenger on Sky and how crazy is that? People are actually getting interviewed saying he shouldn't be doing this.

"What that man's done for English football is amazing and will be remembered in 25, 50, 100 years' time. Will those on telly yesterday be remembered for what they've achieved? None whatsoever.

"I wouldn't trust them to walk my dog. There are ex-players and ex-referees being given air-time who I wouldn't listen to in a pub.
nft

Unread 16-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Love Chile Hate Chiles
Closed Thread