United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-04-2010, 10:03 AM
MUFC One Love

Default Re: Match Attax - World Cup Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
you know its the right thing to do carlo, we can do a swap club. it will be pure bants opening a letter and the honduran team photo sticker falling out

Unread 28-04-2010, 10:04 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
My lad supports Everton as well.....and Newcastle.

Destests City and esp Tevez, can't understand why he left United to go there.

His big bug-bear at the moment is managers. Thinks they are all crap. (Manager cards are only rated 5/100 in Match Attax)

City are one his 'Boo teams', along with the mickeys and Chelsea. He gets Torres and Tevez mixed-up so said he'll just boo either of em when they're on the telly.
We went in a boozer on holiday full of mickeys watching em on Sky. Stood right in front of the screen and said "me and my dad hate Liverpool. We boo them coz they're rubbish". The crowd was a bit @#%&!-looking so I was dead proud rather than on me toes out the door.

Unread 28-04-2010, 10:05 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
you know its the right thing to do carlo, we can do a swap club. it will be pure bants opening a letter and the honduran team photo sticker falling out

First rule of Swap Club. Nobody talks about Swap club.

Unread 28-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Skag Trendy

Default Re: Official Panini/Match Attax thread

I rememeber i stole a whole box of Paninis in the early 90's when i did a paper round. Ended up with a huge pile of "dubs"

Last thing i collected was them Star Wars pog things from Wotsits and Monster Munch etc.

Unread 28-04-2010, 10:11 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
I am battling with myself on this one. Bad enough buying the Match Attax, starting on the Paninis as well is surely unhealthy.

It'll be like buying 20 Bensons AND 20 Regal a day.

Might buy just the book at dinner. Psyche myself up for it.

Unread 28-04-2010, 10:40 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
I am battling with myself on this one. Bad enough buying the Match Attax, starting on the Paninis as well is surely unhealthy.

It'll be like buying 20 Bensons AND 20 Regal a day.

Might buy just the book at dinner. Psyche myself up for it.
if you do the panini one i will do the same for my lad we can do a few swaps on here.

who is in?

Unread 28-04-2010, 10:42 AM
carlosartorial

Been looking on ebay. That 100 packs for £40 is looking good value.

Shouldn't have started this thread.

Unread 28-04-2010, 10:43 AM
elephantstone

how much are they usually a packet?

Unread 28-04-2010, 10:46 AM
carlosartorial

50p for 5. So it's 20% off.

600 odd in the book.

100 packs at £40 is 500 stickers. Reckon you'll get 350 out of that so we'll have 150 swops.

If you buy a box, I will.

Unread 28-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Ginners

love all this "its for my kid"

ive been tempted to buy some packs when in the shop but i know once i start i wont stop until its complete

Unread 28-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Sloane

Quote:

600 odd in the book.

100 packs at £40 is 500 stickers. Reckon you'll get 350 out of that so we'll have 150 swops.

theres no fun if you do it like that!

Unread 28-04-2010, 10:56 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
i agree! i bought my book and thought i'd get 50 to start me off so i ordered them online. then i was like i can't live with myself letting my lad (he's not here til august ) think i filled it genuinely when i didn't, so i bought 20 packs yesterday and only got one swapsy - drogba

another 20 packs today me thinks

Unread 28-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
love all this "its for my kid"

ive been tempted to buy some packs when in the shop but i know once i start i wont stop until its complete
isnt that the point?

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:04 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
i agree! i bought my book and thought i'd get 50 to start me off so i ordered them online. then i was like i can't live with myself letting my lad (he's not here til august ) think i filled it genuinely when i didn't, so i bought 20 packs yesterday and only got one swapsy - drogba

another 20 packs today me thinks
Why not? All I'm doing is buying a weeks worth in one go, they are in sealed packets....

Plus it's childhood dream material...a full £#%&!ing box of stickers!

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Ginners

Quote:
isnt that the point?
well yeah... but i dont want to waste £50 odd quid or however much it will end up costing to complete a football sticker book. its a bit weird for adults to be doing it imo. unless youve got the kid excuse.

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:07 AM
elephantstone

Quote:

600 odd in the book.

okay send us the link

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Why not? All I'm doing is buying a weeks worth in one go, they are in sealed packets....

Plus it's childhood dream material...a full £#%&!ing box of stickers!
i see where you are coming from, my dad used to buy me 4 packs thats the most i would ever get in one go when they were like 25p. used to be estatic when he came through the door with them after a night shift.

im just looking out for you carlo, dont want you to be dissapointed when you finish after a couple of days

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
well yeah... but i dont want to waste £50 odd quid or however much it will end up costing to complete a football sticker book. its a bit weird for adults to be doing it imo. unless youve got the kid excuse.
just world cup fever gins, i thought you would appreciate that. i dont have a kid, but its nostalgic

plus im sure you could find £50 down the back of your leather couch

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:12 AM
carlosartorial

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANINI-FIFA-WO...97380037408524

I'm £#%&!ing on this now.

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Ginners

Quote:
just world cup fever gins, i thought you would appreciate that. i dont have a kid, but its nostalgic
oh im all for world cup fever, got my wallchart up with all the fixtures on already and i can barely see out the car with england flags but i just think its a bit wrong unless youre doing it for your kid etc

i might just adopt one for the world cup and return him after
Closed Thread