United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Rossi the Red

Default Re: Match Attax - World Cup Edition

There used to always be one flash @#%&! at school with a wedge full of shinys. He was like the Al Capone of Merlin stickers...could demand anything he wanted to swap a 'Number 1'

Unread 27-04-2010, 07:31 PM
sweetleftfoot

Did he used to charge 3 for a badge. @#%&!s to a man, they were. Usually they were the kids whose Dads had them for Saturdays. They had new trainers too. Used to wish my Mam and Dad would split up too.

Unread 27-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Did he used to charge 3 for a badge. @#%&!s to a man, they were. Usually they were the kids whose Dads had them for Saturdays. They had new trainers too. Used to wish my Mam and Dad would split up too.
Yeah, spot on description tbf.

Unread 27-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
was gonna do a swapsy's thread myself but I'm on the Panini one Fishal and all

Although in my day it was Merlin

94 was the last one I did, 10 years old

still got couple of those books, the 96 one is the most full

Unread 27-04-2010, 07:44 PM
believe

mad as £#%&! i got the album free in one of the papers and thought £#%&! it i'm going to do this. not stooped to the depths of taking a quid out of my nan's purse for 5 packs yet but there's time

Unread 27-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
mad as £#%&! i got the album free in one of the papers and thought £#%&! it i'm going to do this. not stooped to the depths of taking a quid out of my nan's purse for 5 packs yet but there's time
you will get 2 packs for a quid

Unread 27-04-2010, 08:00 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
you will get 2 packs for a quid
not when i robbed my nan you didn't

Unread 27-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
not when i robbed my nan you didn't
yeah fair enough she might notice £2.50 now though unless the alzheimers has kicked in

Unread 27-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Doing the panini one. You can get a sticker of your lad in the kit at mypanini.com
Someones already done that on here.

Unread 27-04-2010, 08:22 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
Although in my day it was Merlin

94 was the last one I did, 10 years old

I use to always do the Merlin ones.

Unread 27-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I use to always do the Merlin ones.
Panini>Merlin nft.

Unread 28-04-2010, 09:40 AM
suedeshoes

Daughter did the Match Attax premier league one. She's not interested in the world cup coz United arnt in it.
Got a Panini album free from the newsagents...the stickers do smell the same...mmmmmmm. The England stickers are snide photo-shops coz the FA refused Panini the use of pictures of England players in their actual kits coz the FA have done a separate deal with another sticker maker.
My lad mithered me for one packet of stickers but dosnt wanna bother anymore because it didn't have his favourite player Peter Crouch in it. It'll save a few bob but I want that smell.

Unread 28-04-2010, 09:42 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Daughter did the Match Attax premier league one. She's not interested in the world cup coz United arnt in it.
Got a Panini album free from the newsagents...the stickers do smell the same...mmmmmmm. The England stickers are snide photo-shops coz the FA refused Panini the use of pictures of England players in their actual kits coz the FA have done a separate deal with another sticker maker.
My lad mithered me for one packet of stickers but dosnt wanna bother anymore because it didn't have his favourite player Peter Crouch in it. It'll save a few bob but I want that smell.
What. The. £#%&!?

His favourite player is Peter Crouch?!?

Unread 28-04-2010, 09:43 AM
carlosartorial

I am seriously considering doing the Panini one for myself. No wum.

£#%&! the garden, this can be my costly summer project.

Unread 28-04-2010, 09:44 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
My lad (ie me) is collecting these. I'm on a proper nostalgia tip and I'm trying to limit myself to 2-3 packs per day. Anyone else on this and have you got any swops?

Tried to get him to do the Paninis but Match Attax are cooler in his world.
I did the last world cup and filled it. I am tempted to do it with the lad this year.

How many swops have you btw

Unread 28-04-2010, 09:47 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I did the last world cup and filled it. I am tempted to do it with the lad this year.

How many swops have you btw
Due to the PISS POOR response on here I've just given all my Match Attax swops to a lad in work, he's supposed to be bringing me some in...

Got no Panini ones cos I've not started it yet. I'm thinking to do so might be a step too far.

Unread 28-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Jack Duckworth

i've been very tempted to do this via my step son, but thought it was a bit sad for a 29 year old to be contemplating. deffo gonna start now some of you sad cases are doing it

i remember the merlin 94 one at school, i think that was the last one i did.

got, got, got, got, got, got, NEED! GUNNER HALLE, I NEED HIM MATE! I'LL SWAP YOU THE WHOLE WIMBLEDON TEAM, PLUS FRASER DIGBY AND THE SWINDON SHINY FOR HIM!!

happy days

Unread 28-04-2010, 09:53 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
What. The. £#%&!?

His favourite player is Peter Crouch?!?

Today it is. We watched Spurs v Portsmouth in the FA cup semi and he decided he was a Tottenham fan (but still United as well) and Crouch is his favourite player. I guess he stood out (Im a Pringles addict and Crouch is all over their packaging atm as well.

He did tell me yesterday that he supports Villa now as well (he likes their kit).

Unread 28-04-2010, 09:57 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Today it is. We watched Spurs v Portsmouth in the FA cup semi and he decided he was a Tottenham fan (but still United as well) and Crouch is his favourite player. I guess he stood out (Im a Pringles addict and Crouch is all over their packaging atm as well.

He did tell me yesterday that he supports Villa now as well (he likes their kit).
My lad supports Everton as well.....and Newcastle.

Destests City and esp Tevez, can't understand why he left United to go there.

His big bug-bear at the moment is managers. Thinks they are all crap. (Manager cards are only rated 5/100 in Match Attax)

Unread 28-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Due to the PISS POOR response on here I've just given all my Match Attax swops to a lad in work, he's supposed to be bringing me some in...

Got no Panini ones cos I've not started it yet. I'm thinking to do so might be a step too far.
you know its the right thing to do carlo, we can do a swap club. it will be pure bants opening a letter and the honduran team photo sticker falling out
Closed Thread