United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2010, 02:27 PM
MJ Ramone

Default Re: Vidic - New Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
on the contrary, everyone involved wants to stay in both domestics cups for as long as possible

cumbria is spot on about the LC in particular, and you should remember that a side containing Ronaldo and Rooney crashed out at Southend in 06/07. the home defeat to Coventry the following year still rankles, particularly as it denied a fair few players valuable playing time that season.
I do indeed remember those League Cup exits, but I don't think it's particularly high on Fergie's list of priorities tbf.
For the record, that SF 2nd leg against City last year was just about my favourite game of the campaign.
United were brilliant that night.

Unread 25-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I do indeed remember those League Cup exits, but I don't think it's particularly high on Fergie's list of priorities tbf.
For the record, that SF 2nd leg against City last year was just about my favourite game of the campaign.
United were brilliant that night.
it was a brilliant night, although I was at both the City games at OT last season and we were far better going forward in the 4-3 game imo - sensational at times that day

agree on Ferguson's priorities being the CL and PL obviously if that's what you mean, although there again, in terms of the constant development of the squad he continues to oversee then the League Cup (and the FA Cup) are at least as important to him i would suggest

Unread 25-07-2010, 03:13 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it was a brilliant night, although I was at both the City games at OT last season and we were far better going forward in the 4-3 game imo - sensational at times that day

agree on Ferguson's priorities being the CL and PL obviously if that's what you mean, although there again, in terms of the constant development of the squad he continues to oversee then the League Cup (and the FA Cup) are at least as important to him i would suggest
The 4-3 was absolutely surreal.
I watched it in a Pub full of ABU's & City fans...there were about half a dozen Reds in there. To say we went a little bit mental when Owen scored is the understatement of the year. I was buzzing so much after that game. Incredible.
And yes, you're right. We should have won comfortably.
The myth that hangs over that game is ridiculous - ie; we were the beneficiaries of an unjust 'smash & grab' - despite the fact we could easily have scored 7 or 8 ...where as City scored with all 3 of their (gifted) chances.

The League Cup game had such a great sense of 'revenge' about it though! We owed them big time for the first Leg...the fact it wasn't a Pen, the fact Tevez was goading the Boss, Gary Cook's bragging..etc
A cagey first half as I remember...then early in the second half Scholesy pops up..Carrick makes it 2. United well on top, when @#%&!-neck pulls one back...followed by Rooney's late winner

Unread 25-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

the scholes goal came in the next attack after bellamy got hit with the bottle - the place was £#%&!ing rocking
Closed Thread