United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2017, 02:01 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Clicked post by accident. aww check you catching feelings you spanner.

Was on record as not being a fan of Greizman, like the look Perisic from what little I've seen, a single post buried in a massive thread. Looks like I've got myself a fan.
Thought it was a one word reply - the worst of Internet insults.

Fair play on Griez. I rate him, but he appears to be a gutless little £#%&!wit, so perhaps a bullet dodged. He's getting on a bit, too.

Fair points on Lukakers. The age is a positive - he's come on leaps and bounds in recent seasons, and hopefully that continues. Workrate has always been an issue with him, and that should be something Jose can fix straight away. He's always *said* he wants to play in the Champions League, and now he's got his chance, so the motivation should be there.

Other concern is the Marlo effect. That @#%&! has the opposite of the Midas Touch on a player judging by Nasri's decline into footballing squalor, so hopefully Rashford can teach the new man how to stay away from the leeches.

Unread 07-07-2017, 02:11 AM
rockored2

Really, all we need is a striker that Pogba respects, and as a bonus is a buddy with.

Then let them sort all the football stuff out between them.

The Matt Busby way.

Unread 07-07-2017, 02:15 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Thought it was a one word reply - the worst of Internet insults.

Fair play on Griez. I rate him, but he appears to be a gutless little £#%&!wit, so perhaps a bullet dodged. He's getting on a bit, too.

Fair points on Lukakers. The age is a positive - he's come on leaps and bounds in recent seasons, and hopefully that continues. Workrate has always been an issue with him, and that should be something Jose can fix straight away. He's always *said* he wants to play in the Champions League, and now he's got his chance, so the motivation should be there.

Other concern is the Marlo effect. That c*** has the opposite of the Midas Touch on a player judging by Nasri's decline into footballing squalor, so hopefully Rashford can teach the new man how to stay away from the leeches.
thought I was having to get my gloves on then

Never gave Lukaku much thought, always though he'd be back at Chelsea or go abroad but I reckon it will work. All the peices are there and Jose ain't letting the c*** coast when he's here so I think he will come on leaps and bounds, playing at what he thinks is the top will bring the best out of him too. If he develops properly £#%&!ing hell he will be unstoppable. Good record with injuries too.

Unread 07-07-2017, 02:24 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Christ on a bike Has saffers had you on an intensive 'prevent' course over the last few days?

Absolutely stereotypical Mourinho oaf signing and AAP is strongly in favour
Not at all. I have always had reservations about some of the aspects of Lukaku's game but there's no denying that he is rapid, powerful and scores goals for fun. His record is at least 1 in 2 everywhere he has played regularly and he is only 24. I have never been that enthused by the prospect of signing Morata especially not for 100m Euros ffs so I think this signing makes sense especially given the dearth of top strikers around.

He wouldn't be my number one choice but the best players in the world aren't moving around are they.

Plus he is 100% proven in the premier league. He will do well.

Quote:
All his goals for Everton..

https://youtu.be/njudw7sR5o0

See what people mean by his first touch. The amount of times it ends up in the back of the net, shocking.
I think he will score a truckload for United.

Unread 07-07-2017, 03:34 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

I think he will score a truckload for United.
His very presence will be a plus in some games,
Someone to run in 2-3 goals against shit would be nice too. Marking him and Rashford will be a nightmare he is built like a brick shit house and he is rapid (chasing him about and bouncing off him for 90 minutes). The 'go to' move on either if they're on one is to double up but them, then what do you do with the other one? What are Pogba and MickyT going to do with the space exposed?

If we get it right with Rashford, Lukaku and Martial,
fuhuking hell it could be like Roon, Ron and Louis. Front three for the next 6-10 years sorted

Unread 07-07-2017, 05:09 AM
naes_sean

Quote:

See what people mean by his first touch. The amount of times it ends up in the back of the net, shocking.
yeah, he's shit

Unread 07-07-2017, 05:50 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
His very presence will be a plus in some games,
Someone to run in 2-3 goals against shit would be nice too. Marking him and Rashford will be a nightmare he is built like a brick shit house and he is rapid (chasing him about and bouncing off him for 90 minutes). The 'go to' move on either if they're on one is to double up but them, then what do you do with the other one? What are Pogba and MickyT going to do with the space exposed?

If we get it right with Rashford, Lukaku and Martial,
fuhuking hell it could be like Roon, Ron and Louis. Front three for the next 6-10 years sorted
Yep. All absolutely correct.

I actually think Lukaku is more of a positive step for us in terms of the style of football we play because his game is all about getting on to the end of things, using his pace on the break, beating players to get a shot away and finishing off passages of attacking play. He is quicker and more mobile than Morata and my concern with buying Morata was that he would be more like Zlatan in terms of his effect on our play and make us easy to play against. I want United to play with pace and play on the break; I want us to use the counter attack; Lukaku is perfect for both of those aspects of the game.

I think he will be quality for us. He is rough around the edges but he will bag an absolute hatful of goals.

Funny listening to the £#%&!wit pundits on ESPN earlier and where as a couple of weeks ago, Lukaku was "perfect" for Chelsea and will guarantee goals and will improve them no end, now signing him for 75m is "a lot of money" and a bit of a gamble for United.

Unread 07-07-2017, 05:54 AM
20 times

Quote:
Based on what exactly?

Only Coracao has watched Bellotti on a regular basis and Morata is a Real Madrid sub.

Lukaku's first touch is the only concern for me but he guarantees goals. Plus he has pace and power and will be exciting to watch.
Parters is pro Mou now too

Unread 07-07-2017, 06:10 AM
Part 36 Offer

Goals against the top 6 last season:

Quote:
Romelu Lukaku 4
Harry Kane 4
Alexis Sanchez 3
Diego Costa 3
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It will be an exact replica of Zlatan's tenure.
He is nothing like Zlatan. At all.

Unread 07-07-2017, 06:16 AM
20 times

Quote:

I thought he only scored against shit teams

13 of the 81 goals were against Liverpool/City/Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal

Unread 07-07-2017, 06:18 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
I thought he only scored against shit teams

13 of the 81 goals were against Liverpool/City/Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal
ycnmiu

Unread 07-07-2017, 06:25 AM
Stannage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Griezman is only 2 years older than Lukaku ffs

Unread 07-07-2017, 06:26 AM
believe

Quote:
He is nothing like Zlatan. At all.
Nobody said he was

Unread 07-07-2017, 06:41 AM
Billy Redface

As the videos show, one of his best assets is his ability to get into wide areas, turn and run at players.

He spins players well too if they get too close. The issue is that his hold up play with his back to goal actually isn't the best and he's a littl impatient I'm waiting for support with his back to goal on the counter. £#%&!ed up numerous good positions at OT last season doing that.

In that sense, he's nothing like Zlatan. He won't slow things down. He's not a 'lump it up to him' Fellaini style target man. Better with the ball at his feet.

A few Everton fans saying he's not quite what people think just because he's big..

I certainly don't think we'll revert to shitty tactics just becuase he's here. My concerns are more about his all-round maturity, but plenty of time to sort that out.

As Crumps says, perhaps a bit of familiarity breeding contempt. He's been around for ages now, scoring goals in this league for 'smaller' clubs.

The key ofcourse will be creating combinations with our existing players and ensuring we get the best out of them. We didn't once get Mickey, Rashford, Martial and Zlatan playing well at the same time last season.

Rashford and lukaku already signals big problems for a lot of this league. That's a £#%&!ing handful right. They just need the right support.

Another CM to free up Pogba and another wide players still needed. I expect us to get at least one of those.

Unread 07-07-2017, 06:48 AM
puressence

Can we bookmark the ones saying hes shite when hes on 25 by march ill drag it back up

Unread 07-07-2017, 06:54 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Can we bookmark the ones saying hes shite when hes on 25 by march ill drag it back up
Don't think anyone is calling him shite and saying he won't score goals.

I understand people's concerns.... but I trust José

Unread 07-07-2017, 07:02 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
As the videos show, one of his best assets is his ability to get into wide areas, turn and run at players.

He spins players well too if they get too close. The issue is that his hold up play with his back to goal actually isn't the best and he's a littl impatient I'm waiting for support with his back to goal on the counter. £#%&!ed up numerous good positions at OT last season doing that.

In that sense, he's nothing like Zlatan. He won't slow things down. He's not a 'lump it up to him' Fellaini style target man. Better with the ball at his feet.

A few Everton fans saying he's not quite what people think just because he's big..

I certainly don't think we'll revert to shitty tactics just becuase he's here. My concerns are more about his all-round maturity, but plenty of time to sort that out.

As Crumps says, perhaps a bit of familiarity breeding contempt. He's been around for ages now, scoring goals in this league for 'smaller' clubs.

The key ofcourse will be creating combinations with our existing players and ensuring we get the best out of them. We didn't once get Mickey, Rashford, Martial and Zlatan playing well at the same time last season.

Rashford and lukaku already signals big problems for a lot of this league. That's a £#%&!ing handful right. They just need the right support.

Another CM to free up Pogba and another wide players still needed. I expect us to get at least one of those.
Had reservations - primarily because of his utterely anonymous performance at ot (Herrera and blind did a job on him). But I've actually been encouraged by what I've read on here for once, which is not something i can claim that often. Crumps, Billy, pure, saffers, even abm parters and plenty more all behind this lad.

Quick, young, strong, bags goals for fun...doesn't sound too bad a thing.

I'm in

Unread 07-07-2017, 07:04 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Unread 07-07-2017, 07:06 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Is he shite? No. is he the quality we need to make us league and European contenders again? Let's see (no).

We'd be pissing ourselves if Liverpool has signed him for 75 million.

Unread 07-07-2017, 07:06 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Had reservations - primarily because of his utterely anonymous performance at ot (Herrera and blind did a job on him). But I've actually been encouraged by what I've read on here for once, which is not something i can claim that often. Crumps, Billy, pure, saffers, even abm parters and plenty more all behind this lad.

Quick, young, strong, bags goals for fun...doesn't sound too bad a thing.

I'm in

He's been shite at OT the last two seasons. In two different ways aswell.

Last season he £#%&!ed up numerous breakaway chances and the season before he was outsmarted and disinterested against Daley Blind.

He will need to smarten up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Is he shite? No. is he the quality we need to make us league and European contenders again? Let's see (no).

We'd be pissing ourselves if Liverpool has signed him for 75 million.
It's about what he could bring and how we improve elsewhere that will determine that.

And I wouldn't be laughing if Liverpool signed him. I'd be surprised. This is a £75m deal, one of the biggest of all time, beating out competition from one of the richest clubs and current league champions.

They're only involved in deals this big if they're selling
Closed Thread