United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Yeah mate, your post is far more exciting .
As is yours.

Wasn’t aware posts on a football forum were meant to be exciting tbh. Feel free to ask for a refund, and I’ll be sure to learn from your examples in future.

Unread 28-01-2018, 11:07 AM
taff

there needs to be room for error in football; it's part of the game's character and central to its sense of melodrama.

VAR has only come about because there's too much £#%&!ing money involved nowadays.

Unread 28-01-2018, 11:40 AM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Problem is that the refs are some sort of protected species.

They’re above criticism and above repercussions from within the game for the decisions they make.

For the most part, all of these tedious debates would be shut down if refs who have made big mistakes came out and said “Yeah, sorry. I f***ed that one up. These are the reasons I made the wrong decision that I did. I’ll try to improve and ensure it doesn’t happen again”.

But no, all you get is this arrogant wall of silence from the w****rs and their governing body. Meanwhile any player or manager who dare suggest the ref gave a poor performance is hauled over the coals.

I’m all for respecting the officials, but it’s a f***ing two way street.
You have a point, they just won’t ‘throw them to the dogs’ like that.

Wenger was right the other day when he said the ref didn’t see that handball, he just guessed. I think we would be surprised at how much they actually guess at due to players in the way, they were following the ball and so on. They will give quite a few decisions on the reactions of players maybe even fans. And they really wouldn’t want to have to say that when cornered with the replays straight after the game.

Unread 28-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Exactly. Refs are scared to make the simplest of calls. That fear & the repercussions would be massively magnified in the Premier League. If a ref backs his judgement & doesn’t use the CAR & it turns out he should all hell breaks loose & he gets slaughtered & no other refs will risk going there so even the seemingly clear cut decisions will end up getting reviewed & the game will Graf on longer than my post 😁 . The VAR got all the calls right at Liverpool yet it still caused so much outrage. Luckily they were all pretty much black & white decisions
The disallowed goal and penalty were both open to interpretation. The third one should never have been reviewed but by that stage the referee had lost all confidence and was incapable of making a decision on his own.

God help us all when Michael Oliver is using it.

Unread 28-01-2018, 11:49 AM
20 times

So if refs aren’t allowed to make mistakes does that mean players aren’t either

Unread 28-01-2018, 02:23 PM
TheFatGoth

Hope it ruins the World Cup tbh.

Unread 28-01-2018, 02:33 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
it will...... Remember the confederations cup last summer ?

madness in every game..

hope it £#%&!s up the World Cup too... Fifa need to be given a good kicking for a lot of things, like having a World Cup in a mad rough hole like Russia and then the following winter World Cup......

Unread 28-01-2018, 02:51 PM
20 times

Quote:
Hope is also confuses Jonathan Pierce. Remember when he £#%&!ed up commentating on the France goal?

Unread 28-01-2018, 03:24 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
it will...... Remember the confederations cup last summer ?

madness in every game..

hope it £#%&!s up the World Cup too... Fifa need to be given a good kicking for a lot of things, like having a World Cup in a mad rough hole like Russia and then the following winter World Cup......
International football is £#%&! and has been for years tbh, be good to £#%&! it off all together.

Unread 28-01-2018, 04:22 PM
Tiberian

The end to end flow and subtle shifts in momentum is what sets football apart from other sports and give it the unique feel. We all know either from watching or playing that a stop start game is less satisfying to participate in. The sports that have most successful use of video replays either have natural stoppages or restrict use to issues of fact.

Once it starts being used for interpretive questions then long stoppages are inevitable, refs gathered around screens terrified of a mistake wanting every angle possible before they make a call. Disputed catches in cricket can take an age, make the crowd restless.

Unread 29-01-2018, 10:31 AM
TheFatGoth

Good read

http://www.football365.com/news/var-...ul-of-football

Unread 07-02-2018, 12:10 AM
TheFatGoth

Unread 07-02-2018, 01:18 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Unread 10-02-2018, 11:06 AM
TheFatGoth

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43007248

Unread 10-02-2018, 11:08 AM
Ethers

It took £#%&!ing ages, and ruined my bet. Cheers VAG

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:25 PM
barca99

Been used at huddersfield on saturday, cant wait

Best wait 5 mins after the ball crosses the line to see if we can celebrate

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:29 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Don’t think we’ll need to worry about that

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:34 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Don’t think we’ll need to worry about that
Knew that was coming

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Been used at huddersfield on saturday, cant wait

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Unread 13-02-2018, 11:09 PM
red in cumbria

Will make what already promises to be a feast of football even more scintillating, without question
Closed Thread