United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Default Daley Blind Cb 2015/16

Very happy with him at the back for now.....

No idea where this leaves Rojo but he's solid.

Aware, strong, intelligent, fit...

Got over that knock from last season and is trusted by Gaal to walk into any position in the first team...regularly..

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:08 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Very happy with him at the back for now.....

No idea where this leaves Rojo but he's solid.

Aware, strong, intelligent, fit...

Got over that knock from last season and is trusted by Gaal to walk into any position in the first team...regularly..
the difference is that he can actually pass the ball, he made one of the goals tonight.

Defo £#%&! over him far to often on the d-low

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Rhodzy

Can see what a difference it makes having someone who can play from the back. Do worry about him against the top strikers.

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:12 PM
armchair

Obviously his pace is an issue but despite all those concerns I love a passing midfielder playing at the back. He's a decent partner for Smalling too as he's usually available for the easy pass once Smalling has beasted some attacker.

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Vedder

He's wonderful. His passing from the back is a huge plus.

Neville did a piece on him last night too and he marshals the defence really well.

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Can see what a difference it makes having someone who can play from the back. Do worry about him against the top strikers.
yep. he's done well, but he's not really been tested as yet. i still think he's too short to be a centre back. will reserve judgement until i've seen him against a top striker.

Neo

Thumbs up

Only concern for me is his his pace if we're caught on the break, and his height defending crosses against a big target man. Neither have really been tested yet though.

Other than that, he's looked the business. Great to have a centre-back who is so assured in possession. Looks to have a good and growing understanding with Smalling.

Seems like a top pro, too; intelligent, a talker, can lead. Great player to have in the squad/starting XI.

Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

I think Rojo will slip back into that position and fear Blind could end up a utility man.

However, over the course of a season and with our injury record,he will still get plenty of games thankfully. Can see him in midfield too - I wouldn't rule that out for now either.

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Bunker Buster

Test him...

He's ready...

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:16 PM
Ethers

He's made me look an absolute tit so far (not hard)

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He'll never overly impress's, he barely disappoints.....

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:19 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Test him...

He's ready...
This.

When you put immense pressure on coal, it is either destroyed or turned into a diamond.

Play him on his own v Newcastle. It's time he became the diamond we all know he can be.

Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I wrote a long analysis before the game last Friday of how he'd likely struggle against the physical presence of Gestede at Villa Park.

Got logged out before I could submit the post.

Sage status intact.

suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
I think Rojo will slip back into that position and fear Blind could end up a utility man.

However, over the course of a season and with our injury record,he will still get plenty of games thankfully. Can see him in midfield too - I wouldn't rule that out for now either.
He'll make a great handsome Phil Neville.

FWIW I'd like to see Rojo given a good run but Daley can't be dropped right now.

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I wrote a long analysis before the game last Friday of how he'd likely struggle against the physical presence of Gestede at Villa Park.

Sage status intact.

Class.

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Ethers

Quote:
He'll never overly impress's, he barely disappoints.....
Just didn't think he'd have the physicality for CB, even though I love him.

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:21 PM
RedMenace

Apparently he was originally a centre back in the Ajax academy.

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Apparently he was originally a centre back in the Ajax academy.
Early youth...Ajax.

It's more a number 6 position, one of a left sided diamond as a back 3, they do it a lot as youths to encourage foward play and an attack is your defence..

It's around the age of 15-upwards they usually have a solid position laid down..

He's played across the line in most areas... He's just a good footballer...it's not his favours position or even one Vgaal has used him in before.

But he knows it, he can adapt.

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:33 PM
armchair

Quote:
Early youth...Ajax.

It's more a number 6 position, one of a left sided diamond as a back 3, they do it a lot as youths to encourage foward play and an attack is your defence..

It's around the age of 15-upwards they usually have a solid position laid down..

He's played across the line in most areas... He's just a good footballer...it's not his favours position or even one Vgaal has used him in before.

But he knows it, he can adapt.
yep

Unread 18-08-2015, 09:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Sage status intact.
That's the same Gestede who didn't even start the game, pal?
Closed Thread