Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
This place is turning into RAWK.
calm down, calm down

Unread 08-04-2017, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
%@#$&!s, I'm afraid, hence they are out performing us yet again. And no, Roy Keane wouldn't have this group of players above Spurs, no £#%&!er would.
Depends what you mean by "this group of players". Our first choice XI, on form, really isn't a bad team you know.

Unread 08-04-2017, 11:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Depends what you mean by "this group of players". Our first choice XI, on form, really isn't a bad team you know.
What game did it last play in ?

....and the result ?

Unread 08-04-2017, 11:41 PM
gav81

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
balls, I'm afraid, hence they are out performing us yet again. And no, Roy Keane wouldn't have this group of players above Spurs, no £#%&!er would.
What about Fergie?

Unread 08-04-2017, 11:46 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
What are you on about now lemonhead? Identify the irony in that comment then please?
You reference RAWK....

when your bordering on the same level of praise levelled at Neil mellor by the scousers regarding rashford....

and let's not forget your boy at Sunderland who you thought would be a big success here as welll

Unread 09-04-2017, 12:00 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
You reference RAWK....

when your bordering on the same level of praise levelled at Neil mellor by the scousers regarding rashford....

and let's not forget your boy at Sunderland who you thought would be a big success here as welll
In case you hadn't noticed, the whole of football has identified how talented Rashford is. He's 18 ffs. Give him time.

Not sure who you're talking about at Sunderland?

Unread 09-04-2017, 12:02 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
You reference RAWK....

Paddy Mcnair's time will come

Unread 09-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Vedder

Son, Kane. And Alli have scored more goals in the league than United

Unread 28-10-2017, 09:17 AM
TheFatGoth

Seems an appropriate time to revisit this thread

I'd add Bailly and Rashford as squad players

Unread 28-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Billy Redface

Always a weird thing.

Spurs probably wouldn't unsettle their eleven to accommodate any of ours.

There is usually one or two obvious 'he is better than him' choices, but the rest are usually fans sticking with their own players.

Not many United fans would swap Bailly for Vertonghen. Not many Spurs fans would swap Vertonghen to Bailly.

But for shits and giggles:

De Gea
Valencia
Bailly
Alderwield
Rose

Alli
Pogba
Matic
Eriksen

Kane
Rashford

Unread 28-10-2017, 10:35 AM
TheFatGoth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Always a weird thing.

Spurs probably wouldn't unsettle their eleven to accommodate any of ours.

There is usually one or two obvious 'he is better than him' choices, but the rest are usually fans sticking with their own players.

Not many United fans would swap Bailly for Vertonghen. Not many Spurs fans would swap Vertonghen to Bailly.

But for shits and giggles:

De Gea
Valencia
Bailly
Alderwield
Rose

Alli
Pogba
Matic
Eriksen

Kane
Rashford
Manager: Pochettino

Unread 28-10-2017, 02:35 PM
King Eric

Bailly
De Gea
Valencia
Matic
Rashford
Lukaku
Pogba

All at least as good, most better.

Unread 28-10-2017, 02:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Seems an appropriate time to revisit this thread

I'd add Bailly and Rashford as squad players
Waiting for your comments on today, pal?

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:13 PM
Tiberian

Spurs are still Spurs. 4th, no cups, many worshipful articles from their London based media fans.

Negative in not starting Llorente today as a direct replacement for Kane? They had an opportunity against a struggling Utd and Pocchetino chose a safer approach.

Pleased we avoided Aurier, brainless.

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Spurs are still Spurs. 4th, no cups, many worshipful articles from their London based media fans.

Negative in not starting Llorente today as a direct replacement for Kane? They had an opportunity against a struggling Utd and Pocchetino chose a safer approach.

Pleased we avoided Aurier, brainless.
Not sure I agree about the selection. It was a toss up. Like for like or players he trusts.

He was quick to change it too. The issue with them is adapting. Fine when all is well. Kane missing and they couldn't cope. A big game, a big moment and they just weren't aggressive enough.

It's a recurring issue. They've probably been the best side over the last two years, but not the best in either. Sums them up.

From their point of view, we were there for the taking. From our point of view , so were they.

The downside of positivity media darlings like klopp and poch is that they seem to make no allowances for the opposition. No shift or change or acknowledgment of a sides strengths or weaknesses. We targeted aurier. A clear tactic. Mourinho exposes weakness and it's seen as negative. It's almost as if being tactical is a dirty thing to purists. Teams like Liverpool and spurs should try it some time because their failures are like £#%&!ing clockwork.

Wasn't much in it, but we pushed a little more for it and we got it.

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Not sure I agree about the selection. It was a toss up. Like for like or players he trusts.

He was quick to change it too. The issue with them is adapting. Fine when all is well. Kane missing and they couldn't cope. A big game, a big moment and they just weren't aggressive enough.

It's a recurring issue. They've probably been the best side over the last two, but not the best in either. Sums they up.

From their point of view, we were there for the taking. From our point of view , so were they.

Wasn't much in it, but we pushed a little more for it and we got it.
Yes, I do think, more than any of the other big teams in the league they benefit from a very soft examination from the media. Perhaps that is deserved and fair considering their level of resources and investment in comparison to the competition.

Perhaps I am being harsh, they are not that laden with talent, Son is a workhorse, Davies is no replacement for Rose(what is going on with him?) same on the other side with Aurier/Trippier against Walker. They are highly reliant on Eriksen for creativity, Ali for all the hype is not that player yet. Winks looks a talent but he is just starting his career.

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Yes, I do think, more than any of the other big teams in the league they benefit from a very soft examination from the media. Perhaps that is deserved and fair considering their level of resources and investment in comparison to the competition.

Perhaps I am being harsh, they are not that laden with talent, Son is a workhorse, Davies is no replacement for Rose(what is going on with him?) same on the other side with Aurier/Trippier against Walker. They are highly reliant on Eriksen for creativity, Ali for all the hype is not that player yet. Winks looks a talent but he is just starting his career.
They function well. They are all singing from the same hymn sheet and they're a confident bunch..... but how many of them in that side actually worry you? I think they're a better overall side than Chelsea, but Hazard scares me. They're certainly better than Liverpool, but Mane scares me.

When they function Well, they'll beat most teams. They do beat most teams....but if things aren't going their way....fpr whatever reason....what you got?

Even with the usual worries and negative concerns that come with being a fan, I always fancied us to sneak something in the last fifteen and never felt an equaliser was coming.

I thought we'd win today. Mainly because we were unfancied and Spurs were favourites.

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
They function well. They are all singing from the same hymn sheet and they're a confident bunch..... but how many of them in that side actually worry you? I think they're a better overall side than Chelsea, but Hazard scares me. They're certainly better than Liverpool, but Mane scares me.

When they function Well, they'll beat most teams. They do beat most teams....but if things aren't going their way....fpr whatever reason....what you got?

Even with the usual worries and negative concerns that come with being a fan, I always fancied us to sneak something in the last fifteen and never felt an equaliser was coming.

I thought we'd win today. Mainly because we were unfancied and Spurs were favourites.
I think a fit Dembele is an excellent player, probably going back to a match he played for Fulham at OT and destroyed us. To be fair he was up against Ando() and Cleverley that day, but I would still love him at Utd.

They are better than the sum of their parts and that is a credit to Pochettino. Solid back 3, superior on the ball to the 3 Utd played today, but perhaps not as physically gifted.

Spurs being favourites today I just can't take that seriously. It is Spurs.

Unread 28-10-2017, 03:47 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I think a fit Dembele is an excellent player, probably going back to a match he played for Fulham at OT and destroyed us. To be fair he was up against Ando() and Cleverley that day, but I would still love him at Utd.

They are better than the sum of their parts and that is a credit to Pochettino. Solid back 3, superior on the ball to the 3 Utd played today, but perhaps not as physically gifted.
Yep. They're a good 'team'. Simple as that. Today doesn't change anything. They're a very good side....but doubts remains as to where it actually gets them.

Could easily see them finishing second again this season and winning £#%&! all.

Unread 28-10-2017, 10:52 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Tottenham would happily buy most of our squad. I can think of maybe two or three of theirs I’d have in ours.
Closed Thread