United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default So United may still be after Anelka?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...9520-19247231/

CISSE KEY TO NIC DEAL
05/06/2007

Article: ANELKA'S RED ALERT
BOLTON will only let Nicolas Anelka join Manchester United if they manage to sign Djibril Cisse from Liverpool.

Cisse has returned to Liverpool after a loan spell at Marseille but Anfield boss Rafa Benitez is ready to listen to offers for the out-offavour France striker.

Bolton lead the chase for Cisse, although Liverpool's £6m asking price is likely to prove too high for them.

Advertisement
Liverpool want to cash in on Cisse, after Benitez decided he was not part of his plans.

But if Bolton can persuade Liverpool to lower their price or allow them to take Cisse on loan next season, Anelka could still complete his £8m switch to United.

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside yesterday denied United were interested in Anelka - but sources confirmed Old Trafford chief executive David Gill did make an inquiry last week over the availability of the 28-year-old striker.

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:18 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Cisse is going to Benfica as part of the Simao deal, I thought it was all but done.

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Cisse is going to Benfica as part of the Simao deal, I thought it was all but done.
I've no idea but why would Gil phone Gartside to ask about Anelka only to say he isn't interested?

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:27 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I've no idea but why would Gil phone Gartside to ask about Anelka only to say he isn't interested?
I phoned a car insurance company once and after my price was quoted I wasn't interested

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I phoned a car insurance company once and after my price was quoted I wasn't interested
Hmmm, valid point. Not really what Gartside suggested though.

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:34 AM
sharath

I doubt cisse is going anywhere but france. 25m euros for ribery to bayern I see...makes the deals for nani and anderson look great.

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
I doubt cisse is going anywhere but france. 25m euros for ribery to bayern I see...makes the deals for nani and anderson look great.
Bayern are certainly throw in the Hargreaves cash about. Btw, I thought Anelka had some sort of agreement/buyout clause that allows him to go for £8 million?

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:38 AM
rebelcountyred

i wonder if the anelka deal failed to get off the ground because none of the players that they wanted were available or willing to go, smith is banging on about a new deal, lord snooty would surely prefer a move to london ie west am, just a thought.

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:39 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I'm telling you, it was a prank.

I can picture him and Fergie holding back the giggles trying to keep it together.

They also phoned Ken Bates to ask him if his refrigerator was running....

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:39 AM
elephantstone

My mate is that convinced that Anelka is coming to united that he has bet money on it and he is as tight as 2 coats of paint

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:40 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Hmmm, valid point. Not really what Gartside suggested though.
Didn't Gartside say that he phoned Gill?

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:41 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
My mate is that convinced that Anelka is coming to united that he has bet money on it and he is as tight as 2 coats of paint
That's me convinced

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:42 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Bayern are certainly throw in the Hargreaves cash about. Btw, I thought Anelka had some sort of agreement/buyout clause that allows him to go for £8 million?
I thought you didn't care where the Hargreaves money was being spent?

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:43 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Didn't Gartside say that he phoned Gill?
Youssou N'Dour rang them both up on a conference call and then hung up after doing a bit of heavy berating.

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I thought you didn't care where the Hargreaves money was being spent?
I don't. Surprised it hasn't been spent on Phil Jagielka and Scott Parker as you must be. Surely with these being cheaper and better than OH they'd be brilliant signings for Bayern. Why do you think they haven't gone after these 2?

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Default Am I alone

in preferring a slightly eccentric, aloof, mercurial French striker who can't seem to settle at previous clubs - bearing in mind our track record with this kind of individual?

Let's sign Cisse.

Yep. I'm alone.

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:50 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
I don't. Surprised it hasn't been spent on Phil Jagielka and Scott Parker as you must be. Surely with these being cheaper and better than OH they'd be brilliant signings for Bayern. Why do you think they haven't gone after these 2?
I doubt either of them want to move to German football, since it's hayday in the late 90s the german leagure has fallen significantly behind the Spanish, English and Italian leagues in terms of quality and in terms of the money they have to throw around.
Also take in to account the fact that Parker has moved back to London because he does not like it "Up North" what do you think his chances of settling in Germany are? And why if you are a good Sale lad and rising star of the England setup would you want to go and play in a league fast becoming second rate and where nobody will see you so your international prospects will be damaged.

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:53 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I doubt either of them want to move to German football, since it's hayday in the late 90s the german leagure has fallen significantly behind the Spanish, English and Italian leagues in terms of quality and in terms of the money they have to throw around.
Also take in to account the fact that Parker has moved back to London because he does not like it "Up North" what do you think his chances of settling in Germany are? And why if you are a good Sale lad and rising star of the England setup would you want to go and play in a league fast becoming second rate and where nobody will see you so your international prospects will be damaged.
So Munich were well in for them but they turned them down? You are actually delusional aren't you.

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Apparently United made a big effort to sign Parker but he thinks United are on a downward slope and West Ham will dominate English football over
the upcoming decade.

Unread 05-06-2007, 08:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Apparently United made a big effort to sign Parker but he thinks United are on a downward slope and West Ham will dominate English football over
the upcoming decade.
Ah but how did the Irons nip in ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal who surely must've been in for him?
Closed Thread