United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
TreeFiddy

Definitely too good for Bolton. That goal for France is pure class.

Unread 03-06-2007, 08:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
Stick Drogba in any decent team in any country and he will be the top scorer in that league.
He's only ever finished top goalscorer once in his career. In France, Djibril Cisse used to regularly outscore him.

Unread 03-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I wish people would stop pretending Rossi is a center forward. I don't care how you look at an alternative formation, you always need a center forward.
What do you class him as?

Unread 03-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
What do you class him as?
The role behind the striker. Like Rooney his best position is between the midfield and defence and feeding in a striker and wingers.

Unread 03-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
The role behind the striker. Like Rooney his best position is between the midfield and defence and feeding in a striker and wingers.
Do you agree that he is too good to be loaned out for another season though? There was plenty of times we could've done with him this season.

Unread 03-06-2007, 09:18 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's only ever finished top goalscorer once in his career. In France, Djibril Cisse used to regularly outscore him.
don't bring facts into this ffs

Unread 03-06-2007, 09:23 PM
koppas

Saviola. Would cost no more than £2m. nft.

Unread 03-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I'm not a big fan of anelka, he plays on the periphery of the box where we already have plenty of midfielders that can shoot. His accuracy is not that great, he gets plenty of shots in but a large proportion of them dont trouble the goalkeeper or are wide of the mark. We are a football team that create goals and spread the chances around. With anelka i think it would take some of that away. He's also a bit of moody player when things are not going his way he will let his head drop.

Come on lads, this is MANCHESTER UNITED we are talking about here, do you really think anelka will be good enough when we play AC Milan etc?

I wouldnt sign him and Owen is probably a better player when fit.

Rooney, Saha, Smith, Rossi - should be good enough IMO.

Unread 03-06-2007, 09:39 PM
puressence

anelka > better than all the rest

Unread 03-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
I'm not a big fan of anelka, he plays on the periphery of the box where we already have plenty of midfielders that can shoot. His accuracy is not that great, he gets plenty of shots in but a large proportion of them dont trouble the goalkeeper or are wide of the mark. We are a football team that create goals and spread the chances around. With anelka i think it would take some of that away. He's also a bit of moody player when things are not going his way he will let his head drop.

Come on lads, this is MANCHESTER UNITED we are talking about here, do you really think anelka will be good enough when we play AC Milan etc?

I wouldnt sign him and Owen is probably a better player when fit.

Rooney, Saha, Smith, Rossi - should be good enough IMO.
Im praying one of them is out while one comes in. (obviously not Roon)

Unread 03-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
do you really think anelka will be good enough when we play AC Milan etc?
They're the type of games I'd want him for, I'm more worried about how he'll fair against Derby or Sunderland

Unread 03-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Im praying one of them is out while one comes in. (obviously not Roon)
If it was Smith out Anelka in i probably wouldnt have any problem with that. Just have to remember that selling and replacing a player is a fair bit of trouble and then you have to bed down the new player whereas smith is already assimilated so to speak. I dont rate Smith that much though, Anelka might just be a shade more effective due to him being a bit quicker. I guess as a back up strker anleka would be ok. Not sure he would be ok with that role though which again is why i would be tempted to leave it as is.

Unread 03-06-2007, 09:58 PM
koppas

Eric Nevland.nft.

Unread 03-06-2007, 10:20 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Eric Nevland.nft.
If this were CM 97/98 then Nevland would make our team worthy of winning all four trophies next season.

But it's not.

Unread 04-06-2007, 08:21 AM
puressence

In All The Rags This Morning

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:45 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
In All The Rags This Morning
along with me, you are the long standing admirer of anelka and wanting anelka at united.

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:47 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
along with me, you are the long standing admirer of anelka and wanting anelka at united.
surely you and pure, plus anelka, anelka's agent, anelka's brother, anelka's brother's agent, anelka's brother's agent's agent...

Unread 04-06-2007, 10:14 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
And me.....

I really think he's matured recently.

As someone pointed out, Anelka of old would be bitching and moaning about being a prisoner by now considering the growing United speculation.

He's proven at the highest level
He fits into our style of play
He's a good finisher
He'd be comparatively cheap
He's experienced in the premiership.

He's the closest thing to Saha out that there that we can afford. He also played a loan role for Bolton a lot last year. Held it up well, isolated a lot and didn't suit his play. But he never complained and still scored goals. All the Bolton players talk about what a nice quiet lad he is and if Allardyce can keep him happy then that's a good sign because, like Fergie, he's a good disciplinarian.
He'd be a gamble, but what signing isn't. And if the fee is around £8m then at least it's not that expensive a gamble.

Ferie ain't stupid. I'm sure any approach would include a 'my way or the highway' type of introduction and I think, at 28, he must know that his chances are running out and one last shot at the big time will keep him on the straight and narrow.

I'd be delighted if he signed.

Nani, Hagreaves, Anderson and Anelka. I think if someone told me those would be our signings at the end of the season I'd have vomited all over them!

(a kind of vomit)
Closed Thread