United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Whalefish

Personality wise I hear Anelka isn't the slapped arse he once was. Quite the opposite in fact.

I reckon Fergie could work his magic again and get him playing at the top once more.

We'd have some pace in our attacking frontline if this came off though. First choice always Eto'o (unlikely given the expenditure which has just happened IMO), but there'd be no complaints from me if Anelka arrived to replace Mr Glass.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog The Bounty Hunter
Like him or hate him (ok hate him) Richardson is more than good enough to cover LB, in fact I'd rather him there than Heinze
True, he does a half decent job there. But we're talking about RB's

Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
He's good but he's not the best in the world. Drogba is twice the player he is.
Drogba? He's physically stronger, but aside from that Eto'o is the superior player in every regard.

puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i can only assume you're wumming. he's generally acknowledged as the best striker in the world by rather more than 'some people on here'. virtually every coach in football recognises that the guy is outstanding. he was superb at mallorca, he is superb at barca, he is superb for the ivory coast and he has always been a big game player.
ivory coast you #@&%!

he plays for cameroon

Stickman

Does anyone else think we will sign him?

Ive a funny feeling this ones going to get done and dusted next week...

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:09 PM
puressence

Quote:
Like him or hate him (ok hate him) Richardson is more than good enough to cover LB, in fact I'd rather him there than Heinze
£#%&!ing drug addict ..............nft

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

I'd love Eto'o to arrive but I just cannot see that happening. Moreover I honestly believe Berbatov is the one Fergie wants. Thus Berbatov signs new contract at Spurs avec clause and in the meantime Utd snap up Anelka and £#%&! off Saha.

No complaints from me if that happens.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Father Christmas

He'd be a good signing. Of course he'll have to submit to the discipline of SAF like everyone else - and he'll only come if he knows that's the score. The thought of Michael Owen coming is horrifying.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'd love Eto'o to arrive but I just cannot see that happening. Moreover I honestly believe Berbatov is the one Fergie wants. Thus Berbatov signs new contract at Spurs avec clause and in the meantime Utd snap up Anelka and £#%&! off Saha.

No complaints from me if that happens.
Surely Berbatov is completly out of the equation now given the moeny weve spent?

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
He's a slapped arse £#%&!er who will ruin team spirit.
What he said.
Someone should sit the @#%&! down and ask him why he's such a #@&%!. He's in his late 20s and acts like a 2yr old.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:13 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
The thought of Michael Owen coming is horrifying.
Sends shivers down my spine everytime I see/hear/think about it.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Drogba? He's physically stronger, but aside from that Eto'o is the superior player in every regard.
Drogba is bigger, stronger has a better shot, has a better touch, can pull of the odd trick and is awesome in the air. The only thing Eto'o can do better is run. Drogba is easily the best striker in the world at the moment. Eto'o is very very good but not the same level as Drogba.

If Drogba didn't cheat so much he would be the perfect striker.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:16 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
he plays for cameroon

just like drogba

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Whalefish

Quote:

Quote:
Surely Berbatov is completly out of the equation now given the moeny weve spent?
That's my point. He signs a new contract with a get out clause, Utd sign Anelka. Given the money spent so far a good alternative arrives and Fergie gets another 12months to see if Berbatov improves or fades.

Mind you he'll be 27/28 (I think) come the end of the 07/08 season. £#%&! knows.

Either way, Anelka would be a nice arrival and his fitness is much better than you know who.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:17 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
Drogba is bigger, stronger has a better shot, has a better touch, can pull of the odd trick and is awesome in the air. The only thing Eto'o can do better is run. Drogba is easily the best striker in the world at the moment. Eto'o is very very good but not the same level as Drogba.

If Drogba didn't cheat so much he would be the perfect striker.
have you ever seen eto'o play?

EDIT
sorry, don't mean to be pissy but that's just way wide of the mark. drogba's finishing is not in eto'o's league, his touch is not even close and eto'o has so much more pace, vision and skill that i can't understand how you can suggest drogba is the better player. and eto'o is incredibly hard to track - wonderful runs off the ball.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
There'd be no complaints from me if Anelka arrived to replace Mr Glass.
There'd be even less from me if he replaced Smith. He really isn't good enough while Saha is, he is however available to play more often ... all things considered I'd rather keep Saha.

If he was only third choice, then he wouldn't play as many games to get injured in - indeed he could possibly be available for more games as a squad player than he would be as a first choice starter ....

.... if you understand my logic

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:19 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Owen would bring nothing to the team. I've never rated him, scored one goal in 1998 and done £#%&! all since
It would bring disease to the team brah, anything attached to that scrawny bird must be riddled in all sorts of horrible scouse afflictions. That is the only thing stopping me from wanting us to sign Anelka, the fact that his soul is tainted. Once that bird touches you you're £#%&!ed for life.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Stickman

Default on the subject of Owen

my views are pretty much the same as the majority on here.

But people saying hes shit etc...hang on a minute!

Fair point he isnt the greatest team player but you'd have to think IF he stayed fit for 3/4's of the season he'd bang near 30 goals for us in all comps....

Obviously you dont want him near the club and any alternative seems better but surely if the unthinkable happened you'd have to think hed be a goalscoring success...no?

I re-iterate, I dont want him here either.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
have you ever seen eto'o play?

EDIT
sorry, don't mean to be pissy but that's just way wide of the mark. drogba's finishing is not in eto'o's league, his touch is not even close and eto'o has so much more pace, vision and skill that i can't understand how you can suggest drogba is the better player. and eto'o is incredibly hard to track - wonderful runs off the ball.
I think we'll just have to disagree, I've seen Eto'o play many times on tv and even once in person. He is very very good and in my mind is probably the next best. But Drogba has been so good for Chelsea and he has done it as a sole attacking entity. Eto'o plays alongside Iniesta, Deco and Ronaldinho.

Unread 03-06-2007, 04:27 PM
puressence

Owen Is An Excellent Player
Closed Thread