United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-01-2016, 12:05 AM
Cream

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ve-real-madrid

Quote:
There is no sense that anyone in Bale’s camp is overly anxious about the situation, and coming back to the Premier League is certainly not part of their thinking. At the age of 26, Bale is approaching his peak years, playing for Madrid is seen as being as good as it gets and the messages from those that matter inside the Bernabéu are always positive.

Equally, there would be a frenzy of interest come the summer, including from Manchester City and Chelsea, if things unravelled under Zidane. Manchester United have monitored Bale’s situation closely for some time and would have the financial wherewithal, but they are highly unlikely to be at the top of the list given the state of affairs at Old Trafford

Living the dream.

Unread 08-01-2016, 12:08 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
playing for Madrid is seen as being as good as it gets and the messages from those that matter inside the Bernabéu are always positive.
Yep, it certainly doesn't get any better than finishing 2nd or 3rd to Barcelona every season.

3 league titles in 10 years? As. Good. As. It. Gets.

Unread 08-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Billy Redface

We aren't signing Bale.

We aren't signing Ronaldo

We aren't signing Neymar

I really hope all this shite comes solely from the media, because if anyone at the club is drip-feeding this nonsense to them then they need a slap. Every year we have a ridiculous dick-swinging transfer 'saga' to prove how we can still run with the big boys. It's embarrassing. It also has the opposite effect: the idea doesn't excite me. I just cringe when I see the same boring, pie-in-the-sky link with us.

There's plenty of gettable players who would improve us massively.

Unread 08-01-2016, 08:47 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Oh, right. I'm sure 'saving face' about a potential signing 6 years earlier was definitely Fergie's number one priority in his final weeks as Manchester United manager
saving face was always his number one priority.

Unread 08-01-2016, 08:58 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
We aren't signing Bale.

We aren't signing Neymar

I really hope all this shite comes solely from the media, because if anyone at the club is drip-feeding this nonsense to them then they need a slap. Every year we have a ridiculous dick-swinging transfer 'saga' to prove how we can still run with the big boys. It's embarrassing. It also has the opposite effect: the idea doesn't excite me. I just cringe when I see the same boring, pie-in-the-sky link with us.

As long as Real/Barca aren't in for said gettable player.

To that extent it's great that they hold on to the likes of Bale, Neymar and co. Play second fiddle to them or start every week for us, Antoine.

Unread 08-01-2016, 09:14 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
We aren't signing Bale.

We aren't signing Neymar

lets not forget we signed Di Maria who you could class as a world class player. I think its more of a case of do they want to come to Manchester.

Unread 08-01-2016, 10:39 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
lets not forget we signed Di Maria who you could class as a world class player. I think its more of a case of do they want to come to Manchester.
I wouldn't put di Maria in that bracket. He only came because madrid didn't want him after signing Rodriguez.

If he was as important to them as bale, Ronaldo and neymar are to their teams then he wouldn't have come.

And he was shit.

We need to recognise our current position too. We're not CL contenders. We're not title contenders and we are in risk of missing out on top four. We're not one of the top five teams in the world at the moment. The focus should be on ensuring we are. Maybe then we can think about attracting the world's elite again.

Unread 08-01-2016, 10:56 AM
Turin

Anyone who's "devastated" about Benitez getting the sack belongs nowhere near Old Trafford. What a putz.

Unread 08-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turin
Anyone who's "devastated" about Benitez getting the sack belongs nowhere near Old Trafford. What a putz.
Exactly, only want top reds in the team.

Mani and Zoe Ball up front.

Kev the paper boy in the hole.

Unread 08-01-2016, 12:29 PM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yep, it certainly doesn't get any better than finishing 2nd or 3rd to Barcelona every season.

3 league titles in 10 years? As. Good. As. It. Gets.
Beats playing for a side who struggle to make fourth in a shit league...

Unread 08-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Venceremos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder
You're so edgy calling the Premier League shit =0

Unread 08-01-2016, 12:46 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder
For a British player he's doing okay in La Liga. Our top players are average in the eyes of the Spanish press/supporters (which they are) but they quite rate GB.

Bale is perfect for the "shit league." Well proven and would be brilliant for United.

Unread 08-01-2016, 04:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers

Ooooh, burn

Unread 08-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Turin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers

My post wasn't very clear. Not really to do with Benitez. Any player 'devastated' by a manager leaving is suspect. RvP pretty much stopped trying a leg when Fergie went. £#%&! that.

Devastated ffs.

Unread 09-01-2016, 08:50 PM
dunk

Just got his hat-trick.

Bet Madrid can't wait to sell him..

Unread 09-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Vedder

Hattrick. What a header. He's brilliant.

Unread 09-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Pop

Thumbs up

Bet he can't wait to leave this

for this...

Unread 10-01-2016, 12:51 AM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Bet he can't wait to leave this

for this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
You're so edgy calling the Premier League shit =0
It is.

I think English clubs performances in Europe confirm this.

Unread 10-01-2016, 01:00 AM
mkr

On the bench against Newcastle.

YHIHF.

Unread 10-01-2016, 01:22 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Just got his hat-trick.

Bet Madrid can't wait to sell him..
BBC sport

Quote:
He departed to a hero's send-off when substituted towards the end, and the look of envy on Cristiano Ronaldo's face conveyed how fine a performance it had been.
Get used to it, Ron.
Closed Thread