United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Love all these pages of debate and argument before he £#%&!s off to PSG or somewhere.
tbf it looks like some players and managers are starting to realise that PSG and the French league are a waste of time with few career prospects. In theory we should benefit from the centralisation of wealth and (relative) success of the big European leagues but we still need a combination of good scouting and good coaching, something plenty have argued we haven't had for at least 5 years.

Unread 29-06-2016, 01:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
That's nonsense imo. There's no doubt the Glazers have been tight arses during the various refinances, and we'll spend our cash reserves like Real Madrid or Barcelona. But you have to be honest and say United have spent as wasted a hell of money in the past 24 months.

New TV and commercial deals, and a new manager means we'll be dropping plenty more in the transfer market.
Apparently Mkhitaryan is having to contribute to his transfer...

It's probably a result of the amount of money we have chucked at shit since 2009 tbh.

Unread 29-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Apparently Mkhitaryan is having to contribute to his transfer...

It's probably a result of the amount of money we have chucked at shit since 2009 tbh.
I bet he's basically just forgoing any bonus payments that were due to go to him.

Unread 29-06-2016, 02:01 PM
Alan

Quote:
I bet he's basically just forgoing any bonus payments that were due to go to him.
I bet he's doing neither.

Dunk needs to read his own links properly.

Unread 29-06-2016, 02:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
A contribution is a contribution..

Unread 29-06-2016, 02:29 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
A contribution is a contribution..
Actually I meant payments from Dortmund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I bet he's doing neither.

Dunk needs to read his own links properly.
Yeah dunno what's going on, but we have plenty of money. Only a handful of teams can financially compete with us. The question is how we spend said money.

Unread 29-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Alan

Quote:
Yeah dunno what's going on, but we have plenty of money. Only a handful of teams can financially compete with us. The question is how we spend said money.
Nothing's going on. Dunk's going off his own link which said he was so keen to join United he would even have paid part of the transfer fee. He's not actually going to.

I despise the glazers as much as anyone, but the previous manager is the person to look at if United's transfer funds are being restricted, given how much he wasted.

Unread 29-06-2016, 03:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Actually I meant payments from Dortmund.

So Dortmund were due to pay him a bonus, Dortmund said they wanted it back off United as part of the fee, United said no, so he had to forego it. That's a contribution.

Honestly don't think United's financial picture is as rosy as they'd have you believe, from a transfer fund PoV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Nothing's going on. Dunk's going off his own link which said he was so keen to join United he would even have paid part of the transfer fee. He's not actually going to.

I despise the glazers as much as anyone, but the previous manager is the person to look at if United's transfer funds are being restricted, given how much he wasted.
No, see above. And the previous manager was operating under restrictions too.

Taking the position United have tons of money and can buy who they want makes it easier to point the finger at the manager when only shit players arrive though, so... We'll see how the position of certain forumistas changes as we still don't compete for the top players.

That said, it's not looking like many of the top rated players will be moving this summer, probably only Pogba.

Unread 29-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Baron

Quote:
Honestly don't think United's financial picture is as rosy as they'd have you believe, from a transfer fund PoV.
Tends to happen when you miss out on CL football for 2 of the last 3 seasons though, massive bonuses in sponsorship linked to that as well as the prize money.

When Palace are bidding £30m+ for players, you know the game has changed to a ridiculous level.

Unread 29-06-2016, 06:08 PM
puressence

Quote:
So Dortmund were due to pay him a bonus, Dortmund said they wanted it back off United as part of the fee, United said no, so he had to forego it. That's a contribution.

No, see above. And the previous manager was operating under restrictions too.

Taking the position United have tons of money and can buy who they want makes it easier to point the finger at the manager when only shit players arrive though, so... We'll see how the position of certain forumistas changes as we still don't compete for the top players.

That said, it's not looking like many of the top rated players will be moving this summer, probably only Pogba.
He's hardly got a begging bowl on a reported 10 million a season over 4 years 😂😂😂

Unread 29-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He'll be very happy at Bayern.
Any news on 'by when', Pal?...
Closed Thread