United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-06-2007, 02:07 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
. Long-term, Nani, Anderson, Rooney, Ronaldo and Torres would be fighting for four positions.
Nowt wrong with that SS. Perfect in fact

Unread 04-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Nowt wrong with that SS. Perfect in fact
I concur. Even if I do have my doubts re Torres.

Unread 04-06-2007, 02:11 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Not sure how long is left on his deal. I think it may take slightly more than that, but not much. I don't see any other big club in Europe coming in for him for anything close to the £27m buyout. The time has come for them to sell him. In hindsight, they should have done it a few years ago when he was worth a fortune.

I'd say £20m would get him, which we could fund a good £12-13m of by selling Smith, Heinze and Richardson.

Not sure where everyone would play, mind. Long-term, Nani, Anderson, Rooney, Ronaldo and Torres would be fighting for four positions.
Yea, I think they both realise he's stayed to long. Barca were offering them silly money a couple of years ago. The Lad has also stagnated a little, but has it all.

The five you mention could all comfortably fit into a 442 - if not, competition for places is always good!

Unread 04-06-2007, 02:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
The five you mention could all comfortably fit into a 442 - if not, competition for places is always good!
Are you thinking Anderson in a two-man midfield? It would be the most attacking side ever.

I must say, it does all sound a bit too much having the five we mentioned, plus Rossi, Giggs, Saha, Ole and Smith. I think we'd probably have to lose at least one or two of them.

Unread 04-06-2007, 02:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Are you thinking Anderson in a two-man midfield? It would be the most attacking side ever.

I must say, it does all sound a bit too much having the five we mentioned, plus Rossi, Giggs, Saha, Ole and Smith. I think we'd probably have to lose at least one or two of them.
Ole is already done.

Unread 04-06-2007, 02:21 PM
24hr Leavesey

Get rid of the last three you mentioned and it's all good. Rossi might not think so though...

Unread 04-06-2007, 02:26 PM
The Watcher

Quote:

Attack Attack Attack

I think Ole (as much as we all love him) is finished at the top level. With the news that he needs another knee opp, I think now would be a good time to call it a day. He’s scored some important goals for us this season, which is much more then many of us expected. Rossi may go too, which is disappointing. Giggs is reaching the end of his career - if Nani settles quickly, I don't think Ryan will be 1st choice anymore. Smith is good back up.

Given the choice, I'd loose Ole and (reluctantly) Rossi, if it meant we could get Torres in.

Unread 04-06-2007, 02:29 PM
puressence

dong>torres

Unread 04-06-2007, 02:30 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
dong>torres

Birtles>Dong

Unread 04-06-2007, 02:32 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
dong>torres
Ding>Dong

Unread 04-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

puressence>dong

Unread 04-06-2007, 02:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Attack Attack Attack

I think Ole (as much as we all love him) is finished at the top level. With the news that he needs another knee opp, I think now would be a good time to call it a day. He’s scored some important goals for us this season, which is much more then many of us expected. Rossi may go too, which is disappointing. Giggs is reaching the end of his career - if Nani settles quickly, I don't think Ryan will be 1st choice anymore. Smith is good back up.

Given the choice, I'd loose Ole and (reluctantly) Rossi, if it meant we could get Torres in.
If we lost Ole and sold Smith, we'd have a good set of options, without over-crowding the squad.

Hargreaves and Carrick will probably play as a two in the middle, with Anderson competing with and eventually taking over from Scholes in a no.10 position ahead of them. After that it would be Nani, Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney, Torres, Rossi and Saha competing for the front three positions. Giggs won't be around longer than two more years, by which time hopefully Rossi and Nani will have developed enough that we can lose Saha when his time comes.

Sounds good to me. All we have to do now it get Torres.

Unread 04-06-2007, 02:40 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
If we lost Ole and sold Smith, we'd have a good set of options, without over-crowding the squad.

Hargreaves and Carrick will probably play as a two in the middle, with Anderson competing with and eventually taking over from Scholes in a no.10 position ahead of them. After that it would be Nani, Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney, Torres, Rossi and Saha competing for the front three positions. Giggs won't be around longer than two more years, by which time hopefully Rossi and Nani will have developed enough that we can lose Saha when his time comes.
Only reason I'd keep Smith is that I wouldn't want the side becomming to "soft" and he does offer a genuine alternative. But I'd be quite happy with the situation you describe.

Quote:
Sounds good to me. All we have to do now it get Torres.
Yea, there is that

Unread 04-06-2007, 04:08 PM
sudored

forlan i always thought he looked good just never really got a run in the team to get his confidence up, 2/3 years more experiance now as well
Closed Thread