United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Zorg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20210274

Quote:
he was described as being "on another level" by Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon after one training session.

Unread 06-11-2012, 04:51 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Read that before

Unread 06-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Read that before
Oops. Toot!

Unread 06-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Jethro

Please lads, stop torturing yourselves. I fully expect someone to get Pogba's address soon

Unread 06-11-2012, 05:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
he was described as being "on another level" by Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon after one training session.
Yeah but that's what Steven Gerrard said about Joe Cole.

Unread 06-11-2012, 05:22 PM
dunk

Unread 06-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Sparky***

give it about 3 years and he'll be worth about £35m or something.

good enough to play for the biggest team in Italy in serie A but not apparently good enough to play for us in the £#%&!ing league cup.

Unread 06-11-2012, 05:51 PM
MJ Ramone

I've got no idea how good he will become, all I know is last year we had an opportunity to find out because of Darren Fletcher's illness - but instead we brought Scholes out of retirement - 6 months after Fergie had been waxing lyrical about Pogba & United's faith in youth.
We were already out of Europe & had nothing to lose by giving Pogba his chance.

Ridiculous situation tbh

Unread 06-11-2012, 05:52 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I've got no idea how good he will become, all I know is last year we had an opportunity to find out because of Darren Fletcher's illness - but instead we brought Scholes out of retirement - 6 months after Fergie had been waxing lyrical about Pogba & United's faith in youth.

Ridiculous situation tbh
meh pogba can £#%&! off

id rather see another year of scholes

Unread 06-11-2012, 05:55 PM
red in cumbria

MJ has a bit of an obsession with Scholes, tbh

Pogba £#%&!ing off to Juve had very little to do with him.

Unread 06-11-2012, 05:59 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
MJ has a bit of an obsession with Scholes, tbh
Scholes is my favourite United player of all time, but bringing players out of retirement at the expense of promising young players isn't in keeping with "The United Way" that Ferguson was eulogising about over the summer of 2011.

Unread 06-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Ridiculous situation tbh
We had the league to lose, which of course we did. Pogba's chance would have come, but what if he would have been included in the team that lost to Wigan? He would have been £#%&!ing crucified along with the management for being shunted into a must win game. I never saw the fuss with him when he got his minutes, looked composed enough but so have countless other youth players over the years. Fair play to him getting in Juve's team as quick as he has, I don't think any of us saw that coming. From what I have seen he really suits the Italian game. In short is a mistake? Maybe, but it's one we really shouldn't be losing sleep over.

Unread 06-11-2012, 06:25 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Scholes is my favourite United player of all time, but bringing players out of retirement at the expense of promising young players isn't in keeping with "The United Way" that Ferguson was eulogising about over the summer of 2011.
That's rewriting history. He felt pretty let down by Pogba and Morrison, and brought back the one bloke he knew he could trust.

Unread 06-11-2012, 06:33 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That's rewriting history. He felt pretty let down by Pogba and Morrison, and brought back the one bloke he knew he could trust.
It's not rewriting history at all.
(shouldn't have to keep saying this ffs) Scholesy is my favourite United player ever, but bringing late-30's players out of retirement is a backward step, however way you dress it up.

I'd rather crash & burn with what we had than go down that route.
Pogba might have failed miserably or he could have benefited from the confidence shown in him.
I'd have prefered to see Pogba, Carrick, Anderson & co in our central midfield last season than Giggs, Park, Scholes.

Too late now anyway...

Unread 06-11-2012, 06:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:
It's not rewriting history at all.
(shouldn't have to keep saying this ffs) Scholesy is my favourite United player ever, but bringing late-30's players out of retirement is a backward step, however way you dress it up.

I'd rather crash & burn with what we had than go down that route.
Pogba might have failed miserably or he could have benefited from the confidence shown in him.
I'd have prefered to see Pogba, Carrick, Anderson & co in our central midfield last season than Giggs, Park, Scholes.

Too late now anyway...
Of course it was a backward step, but we were desperate. That Carling Cup lineup against Crystal Palace was one of the most depressing things I've ever seen as a red, but I wasn't the one who had Pogba's agent on the phone every day getting mixed messages, or receiving updates on 's latest indiscretion.

Oh and I never want to see Carrick in our midfield again, but that's another story...

Unread 06-11-2012, 08:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
And it isn't as if he has let us down - save in a few games where Freggle should never have started him anyway.

Unread 06-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Barcabal

Fregie didnt want poggers to go. He said he was gonna be a great Utd player.
(video link)

Poggers wanted to stay but play.

cant blame him

Unread 09-11-2012, 08:16 PM
RedMenace

Been dropped for this weekend's game as he's been late for training twice apparently. Those years with Ravel rubbing off on him obviously.

Unread 09-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcabal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbsQR6Uszgk

cant blame him

Unread 09-11-2012, 09:13 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcabal
(video link)

cant blame him
or, alternatively, him and his agent got a nice bit of cash to sign for juve
Closed Thread