United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Old 04-01-2018, 02:25 PM
no fun

Only watched the Star Trek one so far....meh

Probably put off from the start due to Star Trek, Star Wars et al being for absolute c***s

Old 04-01-2018, 02:32 PM
Throw

dystopian futures

technology has some downsides

Pass the duvet.

Old 04-01-2018, 02:37 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
***spoiler***
It seemed like she was normal at the start and then transformed into a psychopath
***spoiler***
Her whole life as a successful architect, loving wife and mother was only possible due to the successful cover-up of a murder. It was only the possibility of that cover being blown that started her on the spiral of destruction, becoming ever more frenetic as she tried to cover her tracks.

I enjoyed it as I took it all with a fair amount of dramatic licence.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:15 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
I actually agree about the location & accents. it was bugging me too. Was this supposed to be some alternate near future when the brits had 100% colonised iceland?
they tend to shoehorn english accents in too much imo.
You wouldn't have understood it if it was in Icelandic.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:21 PM
rogieop

First 3 seasons barring the odd episode are the best tv ive watched in a long time. Watched the first 4 of season 4 and all have been w*** imo.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:31 PM
ScarFace

Weakest season by far.

star trek was good.
obsessive mum was shite.
scouse b***h one was ok at best, only really due to how dark it was.
hang the tinder was SHIT...could have been done in 10 minutes not an hour.
robot dog was great.
black museum was good overall but had weak parts.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Vedder

Yeah agreed, weakest series for me too still enjoyed it though. Itís better than alot of shit on tv.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:00 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Yeah agreed, weakest series for me too still enjoyed it though. Itís better than alot of shit on tv.
Yup. Still very good overall. Also when it's just a few people writing it, rather than a full crew of nerds like normal yank tv shows.

Made Brooker miss his review of the year show doh

Old 04-01-2018, 10:56 PM
Big Norm

Just watched the Metalhead episode again as I was pissed the first time. Beautifully shot and manages to be tense as f*** from the start with very little dialogue.

It's up there with the best episodes from any series imo.

Old 04-01-2018, 11:13 PM
Clownbones

Same really.

Still well made and enjoyable, but a few of the same themes are starting to get rehashed a bit.

Sometimes the observation about a potential technology is good.... but then actual story that follows isn't great.

It's no better for having the big Netflix budget.

Only watched the first three, mind.