United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2016, 04:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Calm down man Jesus

How does my post have anything to do with being ANTI-LVG ?

I'm merely pointing out where Leicester are and how we compare. It's anything but jumped up because I'm dealing with facts and providing an honest assessment of both sides qualities.

At no point am I saying we should be afraid of anyone (do I have to say it again ), suggesting we'll get @#%&!ted or offering any wider assessment of lvg as a whole. I'm judging the our prospects based purely on the fixtures merits. You seem to be mistaking an assessment of the quality of the opponent as some kind of suggestion we should be running with fear.

Literally the opposite of any kind of agenda.

Please feel free to point out where anything I've said is 'jumped up' or where I deviate from the point to an anti-lvg tirade.

You're the one name-calling, screaming 'agenda' and getting cyber-tetchy at the notion that the new soon-to-champioms might, funnily enough, provide stern opposition.

Blouse. Ah yes, because suggesting a team being four places above you means they are better than you, makes you a girl.

You're all for 'we should fear no-one at home. Freedooooooom! ' in one breath, but are happy to generally point out that our players are not adequate or we had no divine right to qualify from an easy champions league group. So which is it? A team in transition, one you're happy to back an under-fire lvg to see out? Or are we Manchester United? The biggest club in the country who should be afraid of anyone!

Pick a lane mate. And stop bitching at people who dare to have an opposing opinion by screaming 'agenda'.....because that's actually having an agenda.

2-1 United
Really? You practically melted down at my suggestion United would beat them, and basically dismissed our home record and form and couldn't understand why there was any basis for optimism

We aren't good enough to win/compete for the title, but on our day can beat anyone and will always be favourites at OT, and should always do well there, as our home record proves. Taking teams apart at will, as we did in the pat is a bit beyond us.

The post wasn't aimed squarely at you, but any positivity about United is hounded by the majority with their negativity, it's £#%&!ing boring.

Unread 26-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Really? You practically melted down at my suggestion United would beat them, and basically dismissed our home record and form and couldn't understand why there was any basis for optimism

We aren't good enough to win/compete for the title, but on our day can beat anyone and will always be favourites at OT, and should always do well there, as our home record proves. Taking teams apart at will, as we did in the pat is a bit beyond us.

The post wasn't aimed squarely at you, but any positivity about United is hounded by the majority with their negativity, it's £#%&!ing boring.
I really didn't melt mate. Please feel free to quote where I'm unreasonable.

I merely suggested I'm surprised at how many people are suggesting we'll win on Sunday. And I am. That's not being negative about us, disparaging about lvg.

Is it allowed to be tentative about our prospects without being called negative or boring? Bit harsh.

Frankly, I meant it more in terms of Leicester than us. They're top for a reason and people don't really seem to be acknowledging that.

I certainly wasn't being negative for the sake of it and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we won. Just surprised so many people think we will and how dismissive people are of Leicester's credentials. It's 1st v 5th in their favour.

Unread 26-04-2016, 04:25 PM
dunk

As siders said, we were the better side at their place and we were struggling a bit for form at the time and they were flying. They're coming to OT with us in good form and with every chance of getting a bit jittery. I've fancied United against them all along tbh.

Unread 26-04-2016, 04:27 PM
Marlon Van Baron

United will get three points on Sunday and Leicester will be crowned Premier League Champions at 9:30pm on Monday night when Chelsea beat Spurs.

YHIF

Unread 26-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
As siders said, we were the better side at their place and we were struggling a bit for form at the time and they were flying. They're coming to OT with us in good form and with every chance of getting a bit jittery. I've fancied United against them all along tbh.

Fair enough mate.

I think we agree more than it looks.

I do think it's a dangerous assumption to say they'll be jittery. They haven't been so far and the pressure on them is much less after spurs draw last night. I'd have fancied us more if spurs has won.

I think it'll be a tight one, but Leicester have a really good habit of getting what they need from games and we seem to live every week right on the edge. Draw for me.
Closed Thread