United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2009, 07:21 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
i agree.

i think we do need someone in the middle of the park thats capable of creating a bit of magic and driving forward.

would love anderson to be that person, but he seems to be playing with the shackles on. whenever i watched him for Gremio and Porto he'd look to drive forward at every op.

they'd even play him on the wings most of the time, so he could cut in.

there's options out there but im not sure if SAF would risk messing about with the formation for it.

might be a bit of a mad suggestion but i think Adel Taarabt would be a good sly option.

made his debut for moroco the other day against the czechs. looked good.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2099676/

he just needs a manager that can cultivate that ability and there's none better then SAF imo.

what does everyone else think?

he's diabolical went to peices against us

Unread 17-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Spaniard

Unless Jablonsky is privvy to some special information, his assertions that Ronaldo is definately going is %@#$&!s. Personally I think he'll stay until Fergie leaves. Seems like AJ is trying to soften the blow of Ronnie possibly leaving by saying he will definately leave .

Its clear from wathcing United that the tactics encourage creativity in wide areas, with the central midfielders acting as a 'shield' for the defence and playing as deep-lying playmakers. We already have Carrick and Fletcher. Hargreaves will be back next season and Anderson and Possebon are still improving. Plus Scholesy will still be here next season.

Spending big on a midfielder would be stupid imo. We should spend big on a genuine no.9, someone with pace, someone who will run beyond the last defender.

If some people on here were actually in control at United, we would end up like Arsenal .

Unread 17-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaniard

If some people on here were actually in control at United, we would end up like Arsenal .
You calling us all peados?

Unread 17-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Spaniard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
You calling us all peados?

I mean lots of fancy one-two's with no end product.

You have to understand that there will be times when United struggle to break teams down. But at the moment, the problem isnt that we aren't creating enough chances - the problem is that Tevez, Rooney and Berbatov all drop deep in search of the ball, and none are clinical finishers.

Unread 18-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Spaniard

...like I was saying, if Scholesy keeps playing like this our midfield is fine. Fulham are shit, but he is a genius, playing perfectly measured long passes like nothing. Plus Ando is the next big thing, while Carrick IS the big thing.

To think people were getting excited about Palacios and the like .
Closed Thread