United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
So because he did well for 3 months he wasnt a waste of money? Come on...

What about for the last 12 months? £80k a week for doing £#%&! all.

Bullshit.

And Bryansrobsonsliver might be too classy to refrain from saying I told you so, but the abuse I got for hoping the Hargreaves deal would fall through due to his pathetic injury record BEFORE he joined United was ridiculous. I was right as usual. I have nothing agaist him personally, hes a good player when fit.

So many people on here hated Saha, yet Hargreaves constantly gets his arse licked when hes been even worse and cost us even more in transfer fee and wages. Why? WHY
3 months?

Good for you for predicting his getting injured, did you predict the CL win too?

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:09 PM
wiganste

Quote:

Bullshit.

And Bryansrobsonsliver might be too classy to refrain from saying I told you so, but the abuse I got for hoping the Hargreaves deal would fall through due to his pathetic injury record BEFORE he joined United was ridiculous. I was right as usual. I have nothing agaist him personally, hes a good player when fit.

So many people on here hated Saha, yet Hargreaves constantly gets his arse licked when hes been even worse and cost us even more in transfer fee and wages. Why? WHY

People are/were frustrated because they don't like seeing players on the treatment table. I don't know anyone who 'hated' Saha, because on his day, he was a very, very good striker and could easily have become a great goalscorer for United.

Same with Hargreaves - sorts his injuries out and he'll be a great midfielder. They don't get injured on purpose ffs :shakhead:

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:10 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:

Bullshit.

Its hardly his fault is it? Saha was a different story, Fergie came out and said he was ok but mentally fragile, thats not the case with Hargreaves.
He will be a massive plus if he can return

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Still its not like it wasn't going to be obvious, I did point out at the time (more than once if I remember) that when we bought him Saha had made more first team appearences in the last season than he had in the last 2. Shame he is quite a decent player, if he had good fitness record he might have been worth the money.
TBh, I'm happy with spending the money and winning a CL.

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
argubly the second greatest season in the history of the club. amazing.

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

it's funny what people boast about isn't it?

"i knew he'd get injured". £#%&! off.

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:27 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
And can you believe those bastards at UEFA don't credit him with his goals?

Rank Name Team Goals
1 Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United 8
2 Lionel Messi Barcelona 6
= Fernando Torres Liverpool
= Didier Drogba Chelsea
= Steven Gerrard Liverpool
6 Ryan Babel Liverpool 5
= Zlatan Ibrahimović Internazionale
= Frédéric Kanouté Sevilla
= Raúl Real Madrid
= Deivid Fenerbahçe
= Dirk Kuyt Liverpool

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:40 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
And can you believe those bastards at UEFA don't credit him with his goals?

Rank Name Team Goals
1 Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United 8
2 Lionel Messi Barcelona 6
= Fernando Torres Liverpool
= Didier Drogba Chelsea
= Steven Gerrard Liverpool
6 Ryan Babel Liverpool 5
= Zlatan Ibrahimović Internazionale
= Frédéric Kanouté Sevilla
= Raúl Real Madrid
= Deivid Fenerbahçe
= Dirk Kuyt Liverpool
Jesus BRL, that's a marlo standard argument. You've made me feel genuinely sad now.

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:40 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it's funny what people boast about isn't it?

"i knew he'd get injured". £#%&! off.
Never really understand it.

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:43 PM
naes_sean

That penalty against Chelsea makes him worth the money we've spent on him.

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:45 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Jesus BRL, that's a marlo standard argument. You've made me feel genuinely sad now.
Well I suppose Zlatan is in there. Point is it is conjecture and speculation that he is the reason we won the champions league in 2008 and pointing to one player who put in a decent shift for a couple of games and claiming it is worth 20 million is lunacy. He was a poor purchase and a waste of money and I don't believe for a single second that if he weren't in that side they wouldn't have done it as United with Ronaldo in that sort of form were irresistible.

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:50 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Well I suppose Zlatan is in there. Point is it is conjecture and speculation that he is the reason we won the champions league in 2008 and pointing to one player who put in a decent shift for a couple of games and claiming it is worth 20 million is lunacy. He was a poor purchase and a waste of money and I don't believe for a single second that if he weren't in that side they wouldn't have done it as United with Ronaldo in that sort of form were irresistible.
Well i disagree, think he was an integral part of a very succesful season and was fantastic in the final, i've no doubt we'd have lost to Chelsea without him but there you go. If you wanna bask in told you so's that's up to you, i'm gonna enjoy the memory of his performances that season and hope that this current story suggests he might get back this season.

Unread 19-08-2009, 02:57 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Well i disagree, think he was an integral part of a very succesful season and was fantastic in the final, i've no doubt we'd have lost to Chelsea without him but there you go. If you wanna bask in told you so's that's up to you, i'm gonna enjoy the memory of his performances that season and hope that this current story suggests he might get back this season.
Well we can agree to disagree on his impact then. So on that basis you do really think that spending 20 million on a player for one season is good business and a good signing?

For what its worth I don't gloat with I told you so because
a, You were there and know what I told you
b, I'd much rather he were still in the team and would gain no pleasure from pointing out he isn't
c, It's not a top red thing to do
d, Super Jags has got a bit of a nasty knock at the moment so it would seem somehow hypocritical

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Well we can agree to disagree on his impact then. So on that basis you do really think that spending 20 million on a player for one season is good business and a good signing?

For what its worth I don't gloat with I told you so because
a, You were there and know what I told you
b, I'd much rather he were still in the team and would gain no pleasure from pointing out he isn't
c, It's not a top red thing to do
d, Super Jags has got a bit of a nasty knock at the moment so it would seem somehow hypocritical
Not necassarily but he isn't actually finished yet. As I say, the fact that united are possibly offering him a new contract, i'm gonna take some hope from that.

How much did we pay btw, just asking 'cos you've suddenly gone up from £16 million to £20 million and I honestly don't know?

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:04 PM
wiganste

It'll be £27m by the close of play today

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:06 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
It'll be £27m by the close of play today
Shame marlo's been scared away by his bitch slapping last night, he actually blames me for his signing, injuries and not being fit last season despite my "promises".

Aloe Blacc

We should have sold him right after Moscow IMO, then we might have got all our money back. And the wages since then would have gone on a player that would actually be fit to help us and not this freeloader.

Tumescent Throb

don't really see how Hargreaves' importance in the 07/08 success can even be questioned.

just to back that up, he was a sub in Lyon, and then started the 2nd leg, home and away against Rome, home and away against barcelona, and was also excellent in the final. he scored a vital winner against Arsenal in a run-in showdown, and was also an important player throughout the rest of the campaign. he was nursed through it, no doubt about that. but he was used at Arsenal, at Anfield for example, and was also used last season at Chelsea (where he was injured in the follow through of a clattering challenge by Ashley Cole - kneed in the side of the knee iirc )

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
don't really see how Hargreaves' importance in the 07/08 success can even be questioned.

just to back that up, he was a sub in Lyon, and then started the 2nd leg, home and away against Rome, home and away against barcelona, and was also excellent in the final. he scored a vital winner against Arsenal in a run-in showdown, and was also an important player throughout the rest of the campaign. he was nursed through it, no doubt about that. but he was used at Arsenal, at Anfield for example, and was also used last season at Chelsea (where he was injured in the follow through of a clattering challenge by Ashley Cole - kneed in the side of the knee iirc )
3 months = worth £17m + millions in wages a year?

When you see people like Palacios signed for £12m and earn peanuts, it is frustrating.

Unread 19-08-2009, 03:08 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
3 months = worth £17m + millions in wages a year?

When you see people like Palacios signed for £12m and earn peanuts, it is frustrating.
3 months? Explain?
Closed Thread