15-20 30 41.67%
20-30 15 20.83%
30+ 4 5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:13 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It’s a cop out, wumming for the sake of it.
fixed

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:18 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Still no actual names then Marlo??
an average player like braitwaite.

shouldn't cost more that 30m. will play 2nd fiddle to hojland. will get us about 10-15 league goals.

our 60 min switch cant be bringing on garnajo or eriksen for Antony/mount

personally id have not wasted money on mount and bought a higher tier striker but cutting my coat according to my size id go for Braithwaite who is as I said average at best

might even take vardy as well.
theres another striker at Leicester id take to come off the bench. a nice left footed wizard but I'm honestly too scared to say. you guys know who I'm talking about.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:19 PM
dunk

Why buy Braithwaite when Martial is on the books and a much better player?

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:23 PM
marlo

Quote:
Why buy Braithwaite when Martial is on the books and a much better player?
barring last season braitwaite played or was on the bench for 32 league games for his last 4 seasons.

martial is about to start £#%&!ing training this week from LAST SEASON. martial doesn't play for us. no point even considering him our player.

hojland is 20 and inexperienced, that needs to balanced with a reliable striker.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:24 PM
dunk

They’re clearly trying not to buy for the sake of it btw. Someone as, let’s face it, utter shite as Braithwaite would be a complete and utter waste of time and resource.

Braithwaite ‘reliable’ available doesn’t mean reliable.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Joël Piroe anyone ??

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:29 PM
moransbleedinghead

I've gone for 15-20, which I think would be a fantastic start for a young lad in his first season in the Pl and first season under intense spotlight that comes with playing for United. But of course 15-20 goals won't be enough for the media and sections of our so-called support to hound the poor guy and label him a flop.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:30 PM
marlo

Quote:
They’re clearly trying not to buy for the sake of it btw. Someone as, let’s face it, utter shite as Braithwaite would be a complete and utter waste of time and resource.

Braithwaite ‘reliable’ available doesn’t mean reliable.
its not the sake of it. we are in the mud. rashford has a purple patch and since then has been back to the old rashford.

its the fact we cant go into the season with our forwards hojland, Antony, rAshford, garnacho and Sancho.

lets just look over fence as our neighbours.

liverpool for example -
luís diaz , Darwin Nunez , mo salah , gakpo , jota.

we are buying a average player because we need goals. we are desperate

ok here is a direct question.
do you think we will score more than last seasons 58 league goals next season? how many do you think we will score (ballpark)

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:31 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
an average player like braitwaite.

shouldn't cost more that 30m. will play 2nd fiddle to hojland. will get us about 10-15 league goals.

our 60 min switch cant be bringing on garnajo or eriksen for Antony/mount

personally id have not wasted money on mount and bought a higher tier striker but cutting my coat according to my size id go for Braithwaite who is as I said average at best

might even take vardy as well.
theres another striker at Leicester id take to come off the bench. a nice left footed wizard but I'm honestly too scared to say. you guys know who I'm talking about.
I thought you were talking about strikers you would have signed INSTEAD of Hojlund?

Braithwaite scored 10 goals in 31 last season, Vardy 3 in 37 so that's 13 goals you've got us there with those two.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:31 PM
Ethers

Braithwaite has scored about 30 league goals in the past 7 years ffs, playing in some utterly shit leagues too ffs. Reliable

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:33 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
its not the sake of it. we are in the mud. rashford has a purple patch and since then has been back to the old rashford.

its the fact we cant go into the season with our forwards hojland, Antony, rAshford, garnacho and Sancho.

lets just look over fence as our neighbours.

liverpool for example -
luís diaz , Darwin Nunez , mo salah , gakpo , jota.

we are buying a average player because we need goals. we are desperate

ok here is a direct question.
do you think we will score more than last seasons 58 league goals next season? how many do you think we will score (ballpark)
I'm going for 75.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:33 PM
suedeshoes

Shearer was only 21 when Blackburn signed him and his goalscoring record prior was worse than Hojlund. I'm feeling positive about this kid.

Or he might be shit.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
I thought you were talking about strikers you would have signed INSTEAD of Hojlund?

Braithwaite scored 10 goals in 31 last season, Vardy 3 in 37 so that's 13 goals you've got us there with those two.
He means Iheanacho

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:39 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Braithwaite has scored about 30 league goals in the past 7 years ffs, playing in some utterly shit leagues too ffs. Reliable
reliable for 10-15 goals.

but as usual everything contrary the baldys decisions is shut down meaning whatever he does is the best that can have been done.

needed a striker as Ronaldo was off. weghorst was the best we could come up with.

we shall see.
I personally the wheels will come off. combining a keeper that will let in more goals with a team that wont score many is madness.but at least we have mount in the middle.

time will tell. my posts are here. bookmark them.

Quote:
He means Iheanacho

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:39 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
He means Iheanacho
The same 26 year old Iheanacho that scored 5 goals in 28 appearances in the Premier League last season, which gives him a worst goal scoring record than big Hojlund last season?

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:41 PM
dunk

If you don’t want to be shut down say something remotely plausible. It’s not hard.

Your issue is you’re trying to paint everything as negatively as possible to suit the position you took on the manager a year ago and have refused to shift from, for some reason.

With Martial on the books, we’re not going to bring in another striker, the owners won’t have it. We’re certainly not going to spend precious budget on utter shite ‘just in case’.

marlo

Quote:

id have not wasted money on mount who is shit and put 120m down a big boy. Kane for example.

or if not possible the lad from villa (busy body cant remember his name.mixed race) and then toney as well.

dunk

Quote:
Are you really this dumb?

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:42 PM
marlo

Quote:
. We’re certainly not going to spend precious budget on utter shite ‘just in case’.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:43 PM
silv

Quote:
id have not wasted money on mount who is shit and put 120m down a big boy. Kane for example.

or if not possible the lad from villa (busy body cant remember his name.mixed race) and then toney as well.
You'd wait all transfer window on the off chance we could sign Kane?