United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-11-2018, 08:31 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

utd produce a homegrown genuine prospect with credible world class potential and so called fans are on his back because he's not the finished product at 20 WT£#%&!ingF

Unread 05-11-2018, 08:38 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
utd produce a homegrown genuine prospect with credible world class potential and so called fans are on his back because he's not the finished product at 20 WT£#%&!ingF
A complete mis-representation of what’s actually being said, but don’t let that stop you Lowry.

Unread 06-11-2018, 06:02 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Denis Irwell is the fella you want, pal.

Take no notice atticus. He’s just being a dick and making stuff up again. It’s become a habit with him.

See #349

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:09 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
I just don't see him as world class but I will be as happy as anyone for him to ram my own words down my pie eating Tory throat
Not eating any words tonight

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:23 PM
Sparky***

How many sitters does he have to miss before people realise he isn’t ever going to be a top striker

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:28 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
How many sitters does he have to miss before people realise he isn’t ever going to be a top striker
he's a kid and i don't think he's a finisher but neither is Raheem Sterling who scores loads of goals. and he has better attributes than Sterling.

Martial is the best finisher at the club. I'd play Sanchez and Rasdford either side of him.

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
he's a kid and i don't think he's a finisher but neither is Raheem Sterling. and he had better attributes than Sterling.

Martial is the best finisher at the club. I'd play Sanchez and Rasdford either side of him.
yeah but i bet city fans aren't demanding sterling be played as a striker every week

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:32 PM
Chris Quayd

It wasn't a sitter

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:34 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
It wasn't a sitter
If you have ambitions of winning the pl or cl your strikers have to be finishing those sort of chances

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
It wasn't a sitter
Clean through on goal with only the keeper to beat isn't a sitter?

Alright then.

armchair

remember andy cole for us had a tendency to smash the ball too and he didn't turn out too bad.

i think rashford up front as a sub not as a start. start him out wide. he's a huge talent and still a kid.

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:37 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
remember andy cole for us had a tendency to smash the ball too and he didn't turn out too bad.

i think rashford up front as a sub not as a start. start him out wide. he's a huge talent and still a kid.
IIRC Cole missed a sitter on the last day of the season at West Ham in 1995 costing us the title(not the sole reason obvs)

Fine margines and all that

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:38 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
There will never be a top striking black manc in the book of sparks will there, ever? If you can't see that the lad, at 20, has all the attributes to push on and become a top player then you quite simply are blinding yourself to it.

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
There will never be a top striking black manc in the book of sparks will there, ever? If you can't see that the lad, at 20, has all the attributes to push on and become a top player then you quite simply are blinding yourself to it.
He's 21

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:41 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
We all know he has all the attributes to push on and become a top player but he has'nt pushed on in three years as he? Is he really any better now than he was then? Maybe that's what Sparky is getting at.

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:43 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
We all know he has all the attributes to push on and become a top player but he has'nt pushed on in three years as he? Is he really any better now than he was then? Maybe that's what Sparky is getting at.
He's a good player nothing more or less

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:44 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
IIRC Cole missed a sitter on the last day of the season at West Ham in 1995 costing us the title(not the sole reason obvs)

Fine margines and all that
as far as i remember he had a lot of saved shots/deflections. The guy was one of the best finishers and yet he tried lashing them in so i think it's a bit harsh to criticise some kid for going for power in a finish. andy cole was on how many goals when he joined us?

finishing is the hardest thing in football.

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:46 PM
puressence

Great to see a magical win being suffocated by a road sweeper window cleaner and a toilet attendant on how shit a 21 year old lad is developing ... absolute £#%&!ing whoppers on here

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:47 PM
Buck

Rashford and Martial have the capability of being a dynamic partnership. Utilise their strengths along with a cohesive team style of play and we can be a team that creates lots and lots of clear chances.

Martial already is a pretty cool finisher and efficient when a chance comes his way. Rashford not so much but we're often talking about one chance in a game. Maybe he'll never be a top finisher in the one chance one goal reliabilty, but he can be an awesome player still who brings other attributes into the game with his quick feet and movement. Sterling scores lots of goals but he also misses a number a chances - his team just create loads so he can rectify misses. We can become a team like that with the raw talent at our disposal.

Unread 07-11-2018, 11:48 PM
Bunker Buster

He's our second best striker after martial....

Plays every week for me
Closed Thread