United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-01-2018, 08:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Kind what you're doing though in fairness...
No I’m happy for people to disagree.

Just want some consistency. The climbdown from those who predicted the title the last two years has been very cheeky.

Unread 09-01-2018, 08:52 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Plus I’m consistent. The climbdown from those who predicted the title the last two years has been very cheeky.
Don't particularly think anyone could have predicted City's run of form this season though. Not even the most biased City fan..

Any other season, we'd be in the thick of it. How it is unfortunately

Unread 09-01-2018, 08:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Don't particularly think anyone could have predicted City's run of form this season though. Not even the most biased City fan..

Any other season, we'd be in the thick of it. How it is unfortunately
Fair enough, although we are currently on course for 81 points which is rarely a title winning tally. Not convinced we will get that total, either. Results have flattered us. Feels like it’ll be a battle to finish above Chelsea now.

Unread 09-01-2018, 09:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Just want some consistency. The climbdown from those who predicted the title the last two years has been very cheeky.
Man City bought players. That ruined everything.

Unread 09-01-2018, 09:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Man City bought players. That ruined everything.
And Chelsea last year with their winning loads of games and stuff.

Who could have predicted that some other teams might want to win the league too ffs.

Unread 09-01-2018, 09:09 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
And Chelsea last year with their winning loads of games and stuff.

Who could have predicted that some other teams might want to win the league too ffs.
Did you or anyone else predict that City would go on this run of form?

You clearly didn't so, I'm not quite sure why you've got a condescending tone here? No one did, it's how it is, we've to face up to it as a club and deal with it or risk getting left behind. Simple as that!

Unread 09-01-2018, 09:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Did you or anyone else predict that City would go on this run of form?

You clearly didn't so, I'm not quite sure why you've got a condescending tone here? No one did, it's how it is, we've to face up to it as a club and deal with it or risk getting left behind. Simple as that!
Guardiola being dominant in any league doesn’t surprise me. Hence me being labelled his fanboy etc iirc.

But they are 15 points clear. Even if you give them a couple of losses it’s still 9 points which would be a huge lead. It’s both a case of them being phenomenal and the other teams not putting up much of a fight in what feels a weak year in this league.

Unread 09-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Guardiola being dominant in any league doesn’t surprise me. Hence me being labelled his fanboy etc iirc.

But they are 15 points clear. Even if you give them a couple of losses it’s still 9 points which would be a huge lead. It’s both a case of them being phenomenal and the other teams not putting up much of a fight in what feels a weak year in this league.
I'm pretty sure it surprises you they've gone the season unbeaten so far. I know it's surprised me

Either way, it's up to the rest of the teams to raise their game now next season.

Unread 09-01-2018, 09:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it surprises you they've gone the season unbeaten so far. I know it's surprised me

Either way, it's up to the rest of the teams to raise their game now next season.
You’ve ignored my point again. Even if they’d lost a couple we’d still be 9 points behind.

Unread 09-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
You’ve ignored my point again. Even if they’d lost a couple we’d still be 9 points behind.
No, I know. Unfortunately

Unread 09-01-2018, 09:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
No, I know. Unfortunately
Plus there’s always going to be someone doing really well. We are set for 81 points on current trajectory. That would finish 12 points behind Chelsea last year. Eight behind Fergie’s last title winners.

At some point we are going to need to be the side having a great season. That’s usually what it takes to win a title. I agree focus now needs to be on making that happen next year.

Unread 09-01-2018, 09:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Plus there’s always going to be someone doing really well. We are set for 81 points on current trajectory. That would finish 12 points behind Chelsea last year. Eight behind Fergie’s last title winners.

At some point we are going to need to be the side having a great season. That’s usually what it takes to win a title. I agree focus now needs to be on making that happen next year.
Who were apparently "awful".

Unread 10-01-2018, 01:25 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Fair enough, although we are currently on course for 81 points which is rarely a title winning tally. Not convinced we will get that total, either. Results have flattered us. Feels like it’ll be a battle to finish above Chelsea now.
drivel - just because you want them to have flattered us doesn't mean they have.

Unread 10-01-2018, 01:31 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
drivel - just because you want them to have flattered us doesn't mean they have.
I think we could easily finish below Chelsea now. Not been impressed with us all season really. Don’t know many who have. Struggle to think of outstanding performances.

Unread 10-01-2018, 02:00 AM
Pop

"He said serious words, he has used serious words. And I won't forget this."

£#%&!ing fuming is Conte. £#%&! off back to Italy and take your wigs with you, you bald ice cream making greasy @#%&!.

Unread 10-01-2018, 02:08 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
I think we could easily finish below Chelsea now. Not been impressed with us all season really. Don’t know many who have. Struggle to think of outstanding performances.
We could easily finish below a team that’s just behind us? Shocking.

Unread 10-01-2018, 08:12 AM
Kangared

Quote:
So what ? We were how many points behind them last season? They have bought more players than we did & we have made up substantial ground on them. I know it really pains you to even consider it, but we have been improving under Mourinho while we were regressing under Louis.

Unread 10-01-2018, 08:18 AM
20 times

How has Conte not been sacked yet? Champions to 15/16 points off top within 7 months

Unread 10-01-2018, 08:29 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
So what ? We were how many points behind them last season? They have bought more players than we did & we have made up substantial ground on them. I know it really pains you to even consider it, but we have been improving under Mourinho while we were regressing under Louis.
Disagree on the latter but that’s irrelevant. I was merely saying I think results in the first half of the season flattered us. I said a few weeks back that I didn’t expect a similar tally in the second half of the season and the three back to back draws didn’t surprise.

United should be finishing top two after what we have spent. Improving on 6th place should be a given.

Unread 10-01-2018, 04:50 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
United should be finishing top two after what we have spent. Improving on 6th place should be a given.
Did none of the teams above us spend anything? All decided to stand still and let us pass?

There seems to be this idea that progress is linear and instant. Just need to spend a few quid and it’s onwards and upwards. As ably demonstrated by Fergie in 89-90.
Closed Thread