United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-08-2013, 09:10 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
No i mean why is Fellaini the only likely acquisition?
As I said Fellaini is the only centre midfield player we are linked with at the moment
Maybe Moyes has another centre midfielder lined up but I doubt it

Gustavo would have been the ideal signing to play alongside Carrick or be cover for Carrick but I doubt Moyes even considered him

Moyes himself said it would probably take him until next summer to get used to shopping at Utd's level

Unread 24-08-2013, 09:17 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
please don't let us get this @#%&!. My mate summed it up earlier and said "he's like a shit version of Sheringham"

He's a mediocre number 10 at best and has no discipline whatsoever to do the job we want him to.

Would be one of our worst ever signings imo.
Yeah, him and Sheringham are stylistically like peas in pod.....Jesus Christ.

And that's still the stupidest part of a post that says he'd be the worst signing ever.

Unread 24-08-2013, 09:21 PM
dinger

He was comparing Rooneys behaviour this summer to Cantona ffs.

Unread 24-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Ethers

Believe is a top lad, absolutely piss funny at times, but his football opinions are best ignored tbf.

Unread 24-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Knockers

Northers is singing with chase and status on Bbc3 and we're sweating big fellers?

Unread 24-08-2013, 11:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
agreed we have really struggled winning two should have been three titles in that time
With a proper midfield we could have won a CL as well?

Unread 24-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Rhodzy

Anyone just see Fellaini's chest control on MOTD. phwoaarrr

Unread 25-08-2013, 10:54 AM
S/Side.Red

Shouldn't we be signing Barkley instead? Seems a much more obvious option

Unread 25-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Shouldn't we be signing Barkley instead? Seems a much more obvious option
Moyes doesn't rate him apparently.

Unread 25-08-2013, 11:05 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Moyes doesn't rate him apparently.
Surely even Moyes isn't that thick?

Unread 25-08-2013, 11:07 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Believe is a top lad, absolutely piss funny at times, but his football opinions are best ignored tbf.
I'm usually bang on the money when it comes to footballing opinions.

What I said about Sheringham was slightly misconstrued, I'd had a drink.

Unread 25-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Surely even Moyes isn't that thick?
Oh you'd be surprised...

‘Ross is still learning,’ said Moyes. ‘He has a long way to go and you should not expect to see him regular

‘If you’re dropping your shoulder and losing it at the edge of their box it is not a problem but if you’re doing it at the edge of your box then it is a problem. They are the sort of things he has to come to terms with.’

I hope he is better again next time,’ said Moyes.
‘He has a lot of maturing to do and make sure he does not lose the ball in the wrong areas of the pitch.
We have to (try to) bring him along and hope we get him better over the next year or two, but right now, I can't say I expect a lot'

April 2013

Unread 25-08-2013, 11:17 AM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I'm usually bang on the money when it comes to footballing opinions.

What I said about Sheringham was slightly misconstrued, I'd had a drink.
Behave yourself mate, your footballing opinions have been a bit mental.

Unread 25-08-2013, 11:20 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Oh you'd be surprised...

‘Ross is still learning,’ said Moyes. ‘He has a long way to go and you should not expect to see him regular

‘If you’re dropping your shoulder and losing it at the edge of their box it is not a problem but if you’re doing it at the edge of your box then it is a problem. They are the sort of things he has to come to terms with.’

I hope he is better again next time,’ said Moyes.
‘He has a lot of maturing to do and make sure he does not lose the ball in the wrong areas of the pitch.
We have to (try to) bring him along and hope we get him better over the next year or two, but right now, I can't say I expect a lot'

April 2013
'When you have all the attributes he has as a player - he's a powerful boy with exquisite technical ability - he gets you excited.

'I think more importantly, in a young player, you need that mentality and that desire to learn and to want to listen. Ross has that.

"He's another member of the squad and we need to give him that freedom to enjoy his football."

Roberto Martinez, August 2013.

Unread 25-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Sparky***

'I'm delighted we've escaped relegation on the last day. In retrospect, I probably should have concentrated more on my own team in the early days instead of mouthing off in press conferences about conduct in the transfer market. But what do you expect, I'm a £#%&!ing stupid cattle-stabber from Wigan.'

- Roberto Martinez May 2014

Unread 25-08-2013, 11:56 AM
redrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
'I'm delighted we've escaped relegation on the last day. In retrospect, I probably should have concentrated more on my own team in the early days instead of mouthing off in press conferences about conduct in the transfer market. But what do you expect, I'm a £#%&!ing stupid cattle-stabber from Wigan.'

That @#%&! Martinez certainly has found his voice! Who the £#%&! does he think he is? Five mins in the job and every snidey snipe you can think of against the guy who did his job for 11 years. Where the £#%&! has he crawled from all of a sudden?!?!

Unread 25-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose
That @#%&! Martinez certainly has found his voice! Who the £#%&! does he think he is? Five mins in the job and every snidey snipe you can think of against the guy who did his job for 11 years. Where the £#%&! has he crawled from all of a sudden?!?!
He won the FA Cup mate, haven't you heard. Now apparently everyone should give a £#%&! what he thinks.

What an honourable bloke he is eh? Getting his team relegated and then promptly £#%&!ing off and pausing only to take 3 players with him from the team he got £#%&!ing canned. What a guy.

Unread 25-08-2013, 12:09 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Unread 25-08-2013, 12:14 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Behave yourself mate, your footballing opinions have been a bit mental.
which ones?

Unread 25-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Whalefish

Martinez is a @#%&!, a daft @#%&!. He has a habit of talking a lot but not saying much of interest. His post match interview yesterday had me chuckling.

I'll be taking some interest in Everton's defending this season. Wigan payed some decent football but he couldn't sort out a defence if someone gave him a crop of decent players. I reckon he could £#%&! up Rio and Vidic in their pomp had he got chance to be Fergie's number 2. Daft @#%&!.

When Fellaini moves I'll be interested to see if their opening offer for McCarthy is anymore than £8million. Whelan won't be shy about going public with a derisory offer so see how he likes it then.
Closed Thread