United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2012, 10:37 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Only the other day, i was trying to explain this to people on RI. Saying we £#%&!ing lethered liverpool that day and apart from 4 hoofs up the field, they were shit.
any chance you can head back on there?

Unread 15-04-2012, 10:39 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
any chance you can head back on there?

Unread 15-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Fergie brought up a freak result from four seasons back that counted for £#%&! all. Boo hoo.

He just ripped the piss out of Benitez ffs. Who gives a £#%&! about the context?
Exactly.

The 'Oh dear.... that poor man' reaction to fachtgate was appropriate for the time, but eventually he has to get around to sticking the boot in.

Clown is right. So dismissive and unecessary.

Unread 15-04-2012, 10:49 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
come on mate, try to be mature.

I just don't see why he brought it up.

If a liverpool manager brought up us beating them 4-1 at anfield 3 years later and commented on the SAFs post match comments what would you think?

Good to see him calling fat rafa a clown but the context is odd. THat result was a disgrace.
its obvious, really.
we lost our last game to a shit team with a spanish manager- a freak result
we lost that game to a shit team with a spanish manager - freak result
we won the title that year by a similar margin of points as what is likely this year.

benitez is a clown

Unread 15-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
This. Fuzzy in predictable 'i'll say the opposite to get a reaction' shocker.
disagree.

Unread 15-04-2012, 12:06 PM
The Return of JC

We didn't leather them and were not the better side, but the scoreline flattered them. It was one of those days of individual errors and a game running away from you. My abiding memory of that fixture is that it was a never as pivotal as it should have been. In the weeks leading up to it, people were identifying it as a title decoder. I remember thinking the acid test for Liverpool would be when they came to us. They passed the test, but had made such a.pig's ear of the games leading up to it that we were able to lose it and the game after that and still go on to win it. It was never as important as it should have been.

They hold that game in such a fond light, but, given the position they were in, it shouldve been the result that set them on their way to the title. Instead, their best result in twenty years is a mere footnote in a season where we win the league! Just imagine that for one moment and consider how lucky we've been in recent years. Just imagine if our best domestic result in TWENTY years was a win at Anfield in a season where they beat us to title in the one season we were anywhere near them. The poor sad £#%&!ers.

Unread 15-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
We didn't leather them and were not the better side, but the scoreline flattered them. It was one of those days of individual errors and a game running away from you. My abiding memory of that fixture is that it was a never as pivotal as it should have been. In the weeks leading up to it, people were identifying it as a title decoder. I remember thinking the acid test for Liverpool would be when they came to us. They passed the test, but had made such a.pig's ear of the games leading up to it that we were able to lose it and the game after that and still go on to win it. It was never as important as it should have been.

They hold that game in such a fond light, but, given the position they were in, it shouldve been the result that set them on their way to the title. Instead, their best result in twenty years is a mere footnote in a season where we win the league! Just imagine that for one moment and consider how lucky we've been in recent years. Just imagine if our best domestic result in TWENTY years was a win at Anfield in a season where they beat us to title in the one season we were anywhere near them. The poor sad £#%&!ers.
spot on

They talk about it as if it meant they were the best team that year, regardless of who won the title. Bless.

Unread 15-04-2012, 01:18 PM
General Woundwort

The thing about the 1-4 was that it didn't feel like that big a deal at the time. It was sickening but it didn't feel significant. The loss to Fulham the following week was the one that brought the squirts on. But without those losses, we wouldn't have the footage of the murderers singing 'We're gonna win the league' at Fulham, and we wouldn't have this:

What odds a Phil Jones one after the derby?

Unread 15-04-2012, 01:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
The thing about the 1-4 was that it didn't feel like that big a deal at the time. It was sickening but it didn't feel significant. The loss to Fulham the following week was the one that brought the squirts on. But without those losses, we wouldn't have the footage of the murderers singing 'We're gonna win the league' at Fulham, and we wouldn't have this:

What odds a Phil Jones one after the derby?
£#%&!ing no chance

Unread 15-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

I seem to remember that if we won that game we'd have been about 10 points clear of Liverpool and all but put the race to bed.

As it was, Vidic had the mother of all horror shows by failing to deal with the most simple of hoofs, firstly against Torres - then against Gerrard. Evra also had an absolute mare. I've never seen the 4th goal to this day because i was already heading down the stairs of the East Stand and off to the car park.

I do remember the next game that Liverpool battered Aston Villa 5-0 by using virtual identical "hoof up for torres to latch onto flick ons" tactics. They got another couple of pens as well didn't they as well as Freidel being sent off harshly. Infact I remember the opposition had a man sent off in about 1/3 of Liverpool's league game's that season. Crazy.

Unread 15-04-2012, 01:50 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I seem to remember that if we won that game we'd have been about 10 points clear of Liverpool and all but put the race to bed.

As it was, Vidic had the mother of all horror shows by failing to deal with the most simple of hoofs, firstly against Torres - then against Gerrard. Evra also had an absolute mare. I've never seen the 4th goal to this day because i was already heading down the stairs of the East Stand and off to the car park.

I do remember the next game that Liverpool battered Aston Villa 5-0 by using virtual identical "hoof up for torres to latch onto flick ons" tactics. They got another couple of pens as well didn't they as well as Freidel being sent off harshly. Infact I remember the opposition had a man sent off in about 1/3 of Liverpool's league game's that season. Crazy.

Unread 15-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
why is united losing to liverpool funny to you?

Unread 15-04-2012, 02:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
The thing about the 1-4 was that it didn't feel like that big a deal at the time. It was sickening but it didn't feel significant. The loss to Fulham the following week was the one that brought the squirts on
Exactly. And when we were £#%&!ing floundering for most of the Villa game as well........

But we all know how it ended - more of the same this season would do just fine

Unread 15-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Thumbs up

First thing to make me smile in a while. Ta.

Unread 15-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Buckwheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

I've never seen citys last three at OT this season. Switched off with couple mins to go. If you don't see it it didn't happen

Unread 15-04-2012, 03:16 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
tbf, by the time the 4th went in all the stands were empty except for the Stretty, and that was probably because we were the only ones who couldn't hear the scousers. Worse than leaving early, I took the wife. Her first and last United game.

Unread 15-04-2012, 05:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheat
I've never seen citys last three at OT this season. Switched off with couple mins to go. If you don't see it it didn't happen
I've never seen any of it. Had a horrible feeling on the morning of the game and opted to take the kids out instead. Gave up on the BBC website when Evans got binned. Still not seen the goals, I believe Fletch scored a beauty...
Closed Thread