United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Your points are going up and down like the FTSE today.........

On the pitch...Red army...Not knowing about the bid...

Another krazy day in the life of a three blocker....
"the three blocker #@&%!-knockers"

that's you and ed that is.

Unread 08-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Ed Sullivan

Anyway, lets take the focus of me for a second...

In my (now very humble) opinion, they have been very lucky. Had we not cemented ourselves as the top team in England (and Europe) yet again, I doubt they would've had such positive reviews. *Cliche Alert* At the end of the day, it's what goes on, on the pitch that matters. At the end of that season they took us over, when Chelsea won the title - I remember alot of blame and negativity being thrown at the Glazers...soon stopped when we started winning again.

Unread 08-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
They are here for one reason and that is to make money, but lets be realistic here, every top flight football club owner is here for the same thing. Its a huge gravy train at the moment in english football and everyone wants a slice.

My concerns were around naming the stadium the nike arena or something equally ridiculous. The price hikes (in my opinion) would have risen regardless of who owned the club. Again you have to be realistic, do you think someone in business who knows a "customer" would pay £45 a ticket and not £30 a ticket would let that pass, would they £#%&!. The price hikes will continue throughout the country until it goes too far, which is very close.

Overall, they have left Fergie to his job which they promised, they have allowed transfer targets to be bought with ease, the obvious downsides are the huge rift it caused between fans (which in my opinion is pretty smallminded on behalf of those involved) and the ticket price hike.

Football lost its soul a long time ago and you either live with it or live without it, for me Hitler and Saddam could own the club but I would never stop following united.
I'd £#%&!ing stop following them - Old Trafford would be haunted!

Unread 08-07-2008, 03:52 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I'd £#%&!ing stop following them - Old Trafford would be haunted!

You wouldn't want to argue with the ss officer style stewards

Unread 08-07-2008, 04:17 PM
42ndstreet irregular

They're still a bunch of @#%&!s.

Unread 08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
puressence

all feries fault

Unread 08-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

3 years in and nothing has changed - I still don't care about them either way

United was for sale, and they had enough clout in the world of finance to take ownership of the club

so far, they have presided over what on the outside seems to be as smooth an operation of the football side of things as Manchester United has probably ever known

they have backed Ferguson's judgement and the rewards are obvious - we have been able to watch an increasingly large collection of truly exceptional players playing the beautiful game and winning trophies

people bang on about the debt and pine for a return to the days of the plc. but I supported United all the way through the plc years, and know very well that the same people who slag off the current set-up spent all those years slagging off the previous one. and rightly so imo, they were tight, and they were utterly seduced by making money - actively going out of their way to destroy the match-going vibe for the main body of genuine football support. United under the plc was a behemoth of its time. but its time is in the past.

the question i have for the finance gurus of the site* wouldn't be about pik notes or refinancing or any of that. it is about the Glazers themselves: what are they making out of United? they're creaming off wages of course. but what else do you reckon they're getting from it? because all I can see is a thriving football club increasing its value to potential buyers over and over again. and that's pretty much what I saw at the start of all this back in 89. thank £#%&! the parasitic shareholders are no longer being fed. the alternative is far better, even if the people who've brought it about have never begun to inspire the support.

just as it was obvious from day 1, it's clear to me still that whoever eventually buys the club (assuming it becomes available again) will be buying the biggest sporting institution in the world. they will not be buying Leeds 2 . if that person pays with his own cash will he be accepted by the critics? will he £#%&!. unless it's Eric!

[SIZE="1"]*no sniffer, that's not you

Unread 08-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
3 years in and nothing has changed - I still don't care about them either way

Yes it has, ticket prices has gone up way above inflation and the clubs in more debt than it has ever been before. They've also laid off quite a few staff.

United was for sale, and they had enough clout in the world of finance to take ownership of the club

A very naive view

so far, they have presided over what on the outside seems to be as smooth an operation of the football side of things as Manchester United has probably ever known

On what do you base this? They've given no interviews, answered no questions so you are assuming all's well.

they have backed Ferguson's judgement and the rewards are obvious - we have been able to watch an increasingly large collection of truly exceptional players playing the beautiful game and winning trophies

people bang on about the debt and pine for a return to the days of the plc. but I supported United all the way through the plc years, and know very well that the same people who slag off the current set-up spent all those years slagging off the previous one. and rightly so imo, they were tight, and they were utterly seduced by making money - actively going out of their way to destroy the match-going vibe for the main body of genuine football support. United under the plc was a behemoth of its time. but its time is in the past.

the question i have for the finance gurus of the site* wouldn't be about pik notes or refinancing or any of that. it is about the Glazers themselves: what are they making out of United? they're creaming off wages of course. but what else do you reckon they're getting from it? because all I can see is a thriving football club increasing its value to potential buyers over and over again. and that's pretty much what I saw at the start of all this back in 89. thank £#%&! the parasitic shareholders are no longer being fed. the alternative is far better,

if you don't pay the shareholders, they get upset. If you don't pay the bank, they close the club down.

even if the people who've brought it about have never begun to inspire the support.

just as it was obvious from day 1, it's clear to me still that whoever eventually buys the club (assuming it becomes available again) will be buying the biggest sporting institution in the world. they will not be buying Leeds 2 . if that person pays with his own cash will he be accepted by the critics? will he £#%&!. unless it's Eric!

*no sniffer, that's not you

£#%&!er.

Unread 08-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

just because my first line had a punctuation mark halfway through doesn't mean it wasn't all one sentence

you thick @#%&!

the rest of your points were equally idiotic and, well, pointless.

Unread 08-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
just because my first line had a punctuation mark halfway through doesn't mean it wasn't all one sentence

you thick @#%&!

the rest of your points were equally idiotic and, well, pointless.
I'm the thick @#%&!? Look at your points and questions surrounding the Glazers. You really don't get it do you? Go and ask a school child to explain it to you.:shakehead: You didn't even try to take me to task on the points I raised. It's getting a bit easy this now to be honest.

Unread 08-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I'm the thick @#%&!? Look at your points and questions surrounding the Glazers. You really don't get it do you? Go and ask a school child to explain it to you.:shakehead: You didn't even try to take me to task on the points I raised. It's getting a bit easy this now to be honest.
er, look a bit closer and you'll see that I completely ripped the piss out of you

not that I'm bragging

it was £#%&!ing easy

you thick @#%&!

Unread 08-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
er, look a bit closer and you'll see that I completely ripped the piss out of you

not that I'm bragging

it was £#%&!ing easy

you thick @#%&!

do you mean the bit at the bottom in small font? if so, I think "ripped the piss out of me" might be a tad wide of the mark.

Unread 08-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
do you mean the bit at the bottom in small font? if so, I think "ripped the piss out of me" might be a tad wide of the mark.
yeah

Unread 08-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
yeah
oh bless. I could never stay mad at you TT. Have a great evening.

Unread 08-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
oh bless. I could never stay mad at you TT. Have a great evening.
yeah

Unread 08-07-2008, 09:19 PM
BarryX

Avi G's in Da House, Aiight.

Unread 08-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Mao,

They look like similar points to me. Care to elaborate on your pont above? I suspect not. Let me guess, you're Ether.
No I am not Ether, Sparky*** is a generally good poster on here, I agreed with him and If I hold my hands up I agree with your post.

Fact is that Sparky isn't hoping that his horror scenario comes true.

You on the other-hand are! You have proven it by your previous posts on here

Unread 08-07-2008, 09:50 PM
wonky no

how many did they lay off? 6? i'm not sure but are there any figures stating how many they have employed?

i can't stand this 'coalition' properganda stance. their prediction on the demise of united was and still is about as accurate as their phoenix fund idea.

thing is they put us in debt because united didn't have a fan with enough money to buy us. awwww.

the price hikes were predictable.

Unread 08-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Betty's Hotpot

We are lucky to have them when you look at the shower who own the vermin.
toilet sniffer you're brain dead.

Unread 08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
how many did they lay off? 6? i'm not sure but are there any figures stating how many they have employed?

i can't stand this 'coalition' properganda stance. their prediction on the demise of united was and still is about as accurate as their phoenix fund idea.

thing is they put us in debt because united didn't have a fan with enough money to buy us. awwww.

I'm shocked Wonky, I didn't think you'd make it out like the people whinging are spoilt @#%&!s.

the price hikes were predictable.
But that doesn't make them any more acceptable, does it? Lots of teams hace frozen prices, some even reduced them.
Closed Thread