Team Jose 4 Life 58 78.38%
Send the miserable @#%&! to Paris 16 21.62%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 01-11-2017, 01:12 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Top post. I know the purists on here are focused solely on how we're winning but after the utter shame that last two managers brought on us seeing us win is enough for me (for now). He is leaving being a much better squad and hopefully a league title for the next candidate to come in and take things up a level in terms of style.
Yep. Let's start winning again first (already started). Then we can all have a good moan about the football being dull at times. But let's at the very least get the foundation of a winning mentality laid down at the club, following three years of, as Sparky put it, mental frailty.

Unread 01-11-2017, 01:12 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Can't understand why you can't have both opinions.

He's an outstanding manager, but the football & decision making is clearly a bit dull.

There are reasons for that based around personnel, either missing through injury (Pogba) or having missed out on signing (Perisic) that would have improved us & created balance.

Scoring a lot of goals doesn't make a side entertaining on it's own, surely it's how you score & patterns you weave, the blistering pace or wonderful individual skill. Efficiency isn't (that) sexy.

Mourinho's issue is, he doesn't hang about to put in place the dynasty, the ability to build a side with a clear evolution. He knows the club needs him to do what he does RIGHT NOW, which is fix the absolute £#%&!ing abomination of decisions from the last two @#%&!s who were here.

He's not trying to run before we can walk, it's taken him only a single season to realistically sort us out to be decent. The real shame is he'll probably go mental next term & £#%&! off rather than finding a home, building a side & evolving his own style. He should do that, this is the only club that would allow it. I don't think he wants to do it though. He likes his methods & I think he's a footballing nomad.

He's a bit of a one trick pony, but that trick is to win trophies. Fine by me for now, but I'd prefer to see him replaced (when he goes mental in ~12-18 months or so) with someone that does want to build something & do it with flair. I doubt that coach would be able to take on & sort the club out the way Jose has in his short time here. They are clearly two very different skill sets.
Unread 01-11-2017, 01:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Yep. Let's start winning again first (already started). Then we can all have a good moan about the football being dull at times. But let's at the very least get the foundation of a winning mentality laid down at the club, following three years of, as Sparky put it, mental frailty.
the foundation of a winning mentality is believing you are good enough to win. it's not hoping to hold out for 70 minutes and grab a goal by resorting to long balls.

Unread 01-11-2017, 01:25 PM
Coracao

He won't be going anywhere until he has won the league and had a serious shot at winning the CL. Failure to achieve at least the former, will see him labelled a failure.

We have shown clear improvement upon last year, with this being the most solid side we have had post-Fergie. Isn't this our second best start to a season over the previous decade? Were it not for Citeh's fantastic petro-dollar funded start, we wouldn't have a massive amount to complain about.

Yes, the football has not been fantastic in recent weeks. But we are not the finished article, with two of our best attackers being relatively young, a new striker and our best outfield player is inured. Next summer the focus needs to be on 2-3 top class players who can turn us into champions, and hopefully aid us into playing better football.

Unread 01-11-2017, 01:26 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Can't understand why you can't have both opinions.
That's not how polls work. Please vote now.

Unread 01-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
That's not how polls work. Please vote now.
you need to work on your poll skills.

Unread 01-11-2017, 01:51 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He was calling out match goers.

He lives in a hotel.

Not even a rented apartment where he'd have to go to Ikea, hire a cleaner, give notice before leaving, etc.

No wonder a new contract isn't forthcoming. Dude is a straight up flight risk.
I love how people mention the hotel thing like he's living out of a suitcase in a premier inn.

He'll want to make this whole appointment worthwhile considering he's wanted it for so long. He could potentially win the league or CL this (or both) and if he was to pair hosndummy out and move on, at least he'll have set us on the right direction. I honestly believe he'll be here a while though.

Unread 01-11-2017, 02:04 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof
It's obvious Mou is trying to manoeuvre a way out.
I've noticed that this has now become an undisputed fact. Can anyone explain what exactly it is that he's done except for the PSG thing? Obviously not as informed as most on here.

Unread 01-11-2017, 02:10 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
I've noticed that this has now become an undisputed fact. Can anyone explain what exactly it is that he's done except for the PSG thing? Obviously not as informed as most on here.
He lives in a hotel
Never smiles
Hates the fans
Hates the board
Hates Pogba

Unread 01-11-2017, 02:14 PM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser

Moaning about the players attitudes, the fans, the board (he has made sly digs), singling players - all classic Jose attributes which have been repeated time and time again at other clubs where has eventually left on bad terms...

Unread 01-11-2017, 02:19 PM
Billy Redface

Jury still out IMO

We've improved. We're tougher to beat . Better personnel. The trophies last season have lifted the club.

There's still big issues with the overall quality of the eleven (no full backs, no width, no creativity. Predictable) and the squad (still too much shit: Smalling, Darmian, Shaw, Fellaini should all be gone) and there is an odd mood surrounding the club since that Liverpool game. We've won 14 out of 17 games this season, scored freely and conceded just 5...... yet Jose seems pissed off again, the pogba situation is farcical, the likes of Lukaku look frustrated and a whole load of our better players are off form.

I'm reserving judgment on the season so far until we've come through this phase and his tenure as a whole until the end of the season.

Where's the fence-sitting shit-bag option?

Unread 01-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
where is this rumour from Cream? or you made it up?
Conjecture.

Follow my timeline:

Stage 1: When asked for an update on the Pogba and Zlatan injuries, Jose states that he can only provide info regarding the latter - because 'he's training at Carrington, where he should be'.

Stage 2: Jose promises that he won't be ending his career at United. Also that he loves PSG and so do his family.

Stage 3: In response to the inevitable media blowback, team Jose leak that there has been no contact from United regarding a contract extension, and that the manager wants more control over the medical set up. These two factors are a tipping point, he has decided to go mental again.

Stage 4: Still no contract. Starts slagging off the fans, using Lukaku as the pivot - only serving to draw attention to the struggling striker under the guise of protecting him. Ruthless...

So here we have a man living in a hotel, with a family who have zero interest in moving to Manchester - or even watching dad's team, slagging off the fans, throwing subbies at Woody over money earned from winning CL games, demanding total control and improved contract terms.

What a mess.

Then again, we have this:

A hideous son delighted. A manager delighted. And behind the scenes, a woman desperate to join the Cheshire housewife set?

My sources indicate that the board is split on Jose. One side believing that this is all brinkmanship, and that if we give him what he craves, he'll STFU and buy a house.

The other side (Charlton, Freg, Hucknall) are determined not to allow him an inch more. They believe Jose is shamelessly sounding out PSG and has no intention of staying beyond the summer.

Forecast:

Woody will do what he does best and sit on his little hands. Mrs Mou will stay in Knightsbridge, Jose will stay in a hotel, plotting, and end up like Jack Nicholson.

Unread 01-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Bunker Buster

Cream

Nails it...

Unread 01-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Cream

Nails it...
Sickens me to say.

But poss poty

Unread 01-11-2017, 02:39 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
He lives in a hotel
Never smiles
Hates the fans
Hates the board
Hates Pogba

Saw him eating a croissant at his hotel last week

People in France eat Croissants

Paris is in France

PSG play in Paris

Join the dots

Unread 01-11-2017, 02:40 PM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Conjecture.

Follow my timeline:

Stage 1: When asked for an update on the Pogba and Zlatan injuries, Jose states that he can only provide info regarding the latter - because 'he's training at Carrington, where he should be'.

Stage 2: Jose promises that he won't be ending his career at United. Also that he loves PSG and so do his family.

Stage 3: In response to the inevitable media blowback, team Jose leak that there has been no contact from United regarding a contract extension, and that the manager wants more control over the medical set up. These two factors are a tipping point, he has decided to go mental again.

Stage 4: Still no contract. Starts slagging off the fans, using Lukaku as the pivot - only serving to draw attention to the struggling striker under the guise of protecting him. Ruthless...

So here we have a man living in a hotel, with a family who have zero interest in moving to Manchester - or even watching dad's team, slagging off the fans, throwing subbies at Woody over money earned from winning CL games, demanding total control and improved contract terms.

What a mess.

Then again, we have this:

A hideous son delighted. A manager delighted. And behind the scenes, a woman desperate to join the Cheshire housewife set?

My sources indicate that the board is split on Jose. One side believing that this is all brinkmanship, and that if we give him what he craves, he'll STFU and buy a house.

The other side (Charlton, Freg, Hucknall) are determined not to allow him an inch more. They believe Jose is shamelessly sounding out PSG and has no intention of staying beyond the summer.

Forecast:

Woody will do what he does best and sit on his little hands. Mrs Mou will stay in Knightsbridge, Jose will stay in a hotel, plotting, and end up like Jack Nicholson.

Unread 01-11-2017, 02:41 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Sickens me to say.

But poss poty
*whispers of it*

expect a charm offensive soon.

Unread 01-11-2017, 02:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Sickens me to say.

But poss poty
Undoubtedly nailed the timeline...

They wont like to read it...an attack on the cult will bring revenge, possibly snide....

The unslateable one.

(Strange as it's November, unlike him to upset the cart)

Unread 01-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

They wont like to read it...an attack on the cult will bring revenge, possibly snide....

The unslateable one.

Don't mind 'They'

You have 2 great summaries from Baron and *spit* Cream

or you have the cult members barely string 2 sentences together, where everything is either 100% or 0%

Unread 01-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Cream

Quote:

The unslateable one.

Not wanting to get too 'meta' but would like to take this opportunity to address rumours surrounding Saffers' absence and any perceived modification of my stance.

Saffers is merely sticking to his promise to take a sabbatical if we didn't mount a comeback against Huddersfield.
Spoiler:
click to showhide
we did not
click to showhide

He's left me in charge of #teamJose affairs.

How am I doing, boss?
Closed Thread