Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
So given we are second in the league that must go for everyone else presumably
Yeah it does.

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:36 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Top of champions league group. Lost two league games and 2nd in the league. Fa cup not even started. Too late.

I have no idea how some people on here would have coped during fergie’s first 4 years in charge. Not to mention the many years of shit prior. United probably had 4 decent years during my lifetime prior to fergie winning the cup winners’ cup.
What does that have to do with it ?

It's a simple assessment of where we are and where we want to be. There's nothing 'spoilt brat' about pointing out that 8 points is a lot to make it. Given the goal difference, they've got a three win cushion.

It's been a shite spell. We always said we'd know more about this side once this spell was over. And we have. We've learned that we still have issues with the squad, the style and, meanwhile, City have got better and better.

City will dip ofcourse, but so will we.

If we're harking to fergie times, the issue people have now with thinking were going to close on these teams who are eight points above us (just like 'above Liverpool by Christma' last year) is that we're behind them AND shitter/as good as them.

Back in the day, if Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool, Villa or whoever was a few points, you still had no doubt that we were better because we knew we were capable of going on a big run, we knew it was something of a false position. And the other teams knew it too.

You had a faith in that team because you knew what they could do.

When you're always first or second, you can claim fourth in October as a false position. When you finish 6th, 4th, 5th and 7th, you can't claim you're in a false position when you're 2nd.

There's not much between us, spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and arsenal. So we can't afford to let any of them get away. We certainly can't afford to let a city side who look increasingly superior to us by the week to get eight points clear.

This team has proved nothing. The only reason to think we'll make up some huge gap on any of the sides around us is the hope that we will.

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:41 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Yeah it does.
May as well give them everything now then.

We can all come back in 9 month and try again

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:47 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
May as well give them everything now then.

We can all come back in 9 month and try again
I'm mr optimistic but if they beat us next month i'd definitely say its a battle for 2nd.
Their squad is just ridiculous. The bench they had against arsenal (which didn't include Kompany or Mendy) had 6 players (minus Bravo) who would get into every single premier league side.
They are a different animal than last year unfortunately.

If we can beat Arsenal and City then could shit themselves and Guardiola could start losing the plot

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
I'm mr optimistic but if they beat us next month i'd definitely say its a battle for 2nd.
Their squad is just ridiculous. The bench they had against arsenal (which didn't include Kompany or Mendy) had 6 players (minus Bravo) who would get into every single premier league side.
They are a different animal than last year unfortunately.

If we can beat Arsenal and City then could shit themselves and Guardiola could start losing the plot
The best hope is that they implode and 'do a city'.

They're still yet to win a title that wasn't handed to them

But they look different this year. That brand of football with the players they have is too much for most of this league.

And we know it.

We're already looking for any little cracks in the armour.....conceding a few.. .. erm..... they'll dip just because that's what teams do....

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:52 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
The best hope is that they implode and 'do a city'.

They're still yet to win a title that wasn't handed to them

But they look different this year. That brand of football with the players they have is too much for most of this league.

And we know it.

We're already looking for any little cracks in the armour.....conceding a few.. .. erm..... they'll dip just because that's what teams do....
They looked vert good last season but the lack of full backs killed them.

The only hope his a KDB injury as he is incredible at the minute. I hate to say it but he is a joy to watch

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:56 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
They looked vert good last season but the lack of full backs killed them.

The only hope his a KDB injury as he is incredible at the minute. I hate to say it but he is a joy to watch
It is what it is, Pal. We're all United fans, but we're all adults who should be able to see past bias to reality.

Kdb is a £#%&!ing brilliant player and city are playing great stuff. Anyone denying that is a clown.

It doesn't mean it won't change. How they respond to a little adversity will determine how good they really are. Some thing shit will happen to them, it might make them implode and we have to be ready when it does.

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:00 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
It is what it is, Pal. We're all United fans, but we're all adults who should be able to see past bias to reality.

Kdb is a £#%&!ing brilliant player and city are playing great stuff. Anyone denying that is a clown.

It doesn't mean it won't change. How they respond to a little adversity will determine how good they really are. Some thing shit will happen to them, it might make them implode and we have to be ready when it does.

Said the same to Scholes Jnr last night, if they do run away with it and carry on playing as they are you just have to hold your hands up.
Jesus, imagine how some of our rivals have felt down the years as we swept the board.
Long long way to go yet and a sticky patch / key injuries could cause them issues. I'm not sure Guardiola would handle the heat of a close run in. He's all smiles and jokes at the minute as everything is rosy, it looked like he was going to walk last season when the shit hit the fan

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:11 PM
AK14

City have the squad to deal with an injury crisis and I can't see where the dip in form will happen tbh? They'll drop a few points here and there but so will the rest of the chasing pack

Sadly they've built a very good squad and every one at the club looks as though they're pulling in the same direction

Deep down I didn't think we'd challenge this season tbh, To go from 5th to champions after only adding three players to the first team would have been a long shot and I was surprised with the start we had. That being said if we can improve on last season and finish in the top three then push on for next season

The bigger worry is the constant talk of losing another manager and how we look a very poorly run club on the football side.

Unread 09-11-2017, 04:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
How many games did Liverpool go without a win? How many shit teams couldn't they beat? How many did City tank them by? Awful start to the season.

And yet they sit just four points behind us in the league
They will drop points again soon, as will Arsenal.

Let's worry about us.

Unread 12-11-2017, 09:23 PM
AK14

He's having a great time at some MTV awards shit by the looks of it...

Bunks will be along shortly to give us a run down of the winners and losers I'm sure.

Unread 12-11-2017, 09:34 PM
puressence

It’s in London he’s with his brothers be back in time for training tomorrow. Looks like he’s giving an award out aswell

Unread 12-11-2017, 09:44 PM
waynes ear's

Hopefully he smashes Rita Ora. Just to piss Sparky off even more

Unread 12-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
It’s in London he’s with his brothers be back in time for training tomorrow. Looks like he’s giving an award out aswell
Award sails over Zlatan's head....

Unread 13-11-2017, 12:15 AM
Pop

Exclamation

He's dancing again.

Unread 13-11-2017, 06:08 AM
puressence

hes 24 minted good looking lad ..the haters are spewing how dare he have fun ...

Unread 13-11-2017, 06:35 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Seriously wtf? This kind of stuff loses titles. Grinds my gears.
Agreed. Common knowledge that the reason we lost the league in 1968 was a direct result of Bobby's love of the foxtrot.

Sir Matt was fuming

Unread 13-11-2017, 07:27 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Agreed. Common knowledge that the reason we lost the league in 1968 was a direct result of Bobby's love of the foxtrot.

Sir Matt was fuming
The £#%&!er never listened though ,Here he is ,still at it and surrendering the title to City in 2011/12

Unread 13-11-2017, 08:33 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
The £#%&!er never listened though ,Here he is ,still at it and surrendering the title to City in 2011/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKqxAmzjJig

Nothing gets in his way when he feels that beat.
Titles are for wallflowers

Unread 13-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Drexl

Bobby Charleston
Closed Thread