Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2011, 02:37 AM
Liu Jian

Default Re: (summer) silly season transfer %@#$&!s thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Let them, he's a right £#%&!ing lump.
Dunno, used to live in the area and a lot of people I know rate him highly. He's still very young and raw remember. Not the quickest, but he's pretty athletic.

Spurs are probably looking at the Andy Carroll situation where they were told £25m wasn't enough, so want to get Wickham this Summer rather than wait.

Tbh, I think the jury's still out on Rodwell. Lots of talent, but he's yet to get in the Everton first-team and put together a run of consistent performances as is the case with a lot of youngsters. Anything over £20m would be a massive risk.

Unread 19-02-2011, 02:41 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazza
rofl
exactly. the guy's is a £#%&!ing joke imo

Unread 19-02-2011, 02:43 AM
RedMenace

By all accounts Rodwell has told Everton he won't go anywhere else apart from United. It suits him to be near his family, some of whom are big United fans apparently. That would keep his price down a bit. Plus Everton aren't in a position to turn down a big offer if they want to improve their squad. All that said it'll probably end up being between £15-20m, though I'd imagine it'd be success based.

Unread 19-02-2011, 02:51 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
By all accounts Rodwell has told Everton he won't go anywhere else apart from United. It suits him to be near his family, some of whom are big United fans apparently. That would keep his price down a bit. Plus Everton aren't in a position to turn down a big offer if they want to improve their squad. All that said it'll probably end up being between £15-20m, though I'd imagine it'd be success based.
We could always offer them Gibson and Owen as part of the deal.

Unread 19-02-2011, 03:00 AM
RedMenace

We want to decrease the fee ffs

Unread 19-02-2011, 09:29 AM
mazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
exactly. the guy's is a £#%&!ing joke imo
:shakehead:

Unread 19-02-2011, 09:52 AM
MUFC One Love

Can see Rodwell coming to United in the summer. He'll wanna join United more than other clubs imo and United will get him a bit cheaper 'cos of this.

Great player, he can walk past people with the ball, he is a good passer and has a good shot on him. Got some power and strength too.

Unread 19-02-2011, 10:18 AM
borsuk

haven't seen enough of rodwell to really say but it's clear fergie has rated him for a while. good enough for me, certainly an area we need to strengthen/freshen up in.

Unread 19-02-2011, 10:20 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
haven't seen enough of rodwell to really say but it's clear fergie has rated him for a while. good enough for me, certainly an area we need to strengthen/freshen up in.
Whenever I watch Everton I keep an eye on him, he's really impressive. Seems a mature player for his age. He would be a great addition, the good thing is he can play as any type of midfielder really. I'd like to say get Rodwell and Henderson but I can only see Fergie signing 1 young midfielder and then a more experienced one., maybe a cheaper stop gap for a year or 2.

Unread 19-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Sloane

cant say i have seen much of him this season, how many times has he actually played?

Unread 19-02-2011, 10:40 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
cant say i have seen much of him this season, how many times has he actually played?
He hasn't played much this season, I'm not to sure why Moyes doesn't play him. Rodwell must be 19 now? Everton are skint so why not use Rodwell more?

Unread 19-02-2011, 11:12 AM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
He hasn't played much this season, I'm not to sure why Moyes doesn't play him. Rodwell must be 19 now? Everton are skint so why not use Rodwell more?
because he's not actually that good?

Unread 19-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE

Unread 19-02-2011, 11:49 AM
borsuk

rodwell's only 19, very few players are regulars in central midfield at that age. he's also had a few injuries and, besides, central midfield is the area everton have the most strength - arteta, fellaini, cahill is their usual three. be interesting to watch rodwell against chelsea today if he plays.

Unread 19-02-2011, 12:03 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
rodwell's only 19, very few players are regulars in central midfield at that age. he's also had a few injuries and, besides, central midfield is the area everton have the most strength - arteta, fellaini, cahill is their usual three. be interesting to watch rodwell against chelsea today if he plays.
He's not playing.

Unread 19-02-2011, 12:12 PM
IanStoreyLess

I like Rodwell, hes actually 20 in a fortnight, and isnt it about time he really showed it consistently, if you consider he's old than wilshere? Is his injury record suspect as well?.

Rather we pushed pogba forward to be honest.

Unread 19-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

If Pogba plays today, im going straight out and buying a home shirt, and getting Pogba on the back.

Unread 20-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Sparky***

back page of the news of the screws today.

In: Modric £35m, Henderson £15m, Rodwell £25m rofl

Out: Owen, Carrick (part ex for modric ), Hargo, Gibson, Welbeck

Unread 20-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
back page of the news of the screws today.

In: Modric £35m, Henderson £15m, Rodwell £25m rofl

Out: Owen, Carrick (part ex for modric ), Hargo, Gibson, Welbeck

We will end up with this lot.

Unread 20-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

We will end up with this lot.
Always wanted to see David Platt back at United.
Closed Thread